Options

Is Simon Cowell's influence on the wane??

boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
Forum Member
✭✭
Just noticed the DS headlines earlier & they were about Strictly, not X-factor. This would not have been the case a few years ago, where Strictly was sidelined in nearly all forms of media to the X-factor juggonaut.

I also notice that the charts are now less clogged up with Cowell's influenced acts (Ella Henderson, Olly Murs & 1D being notable exceptions). It seems that most acts appealing to teensies & young people have no Cowell's connections these days.

Added to this his presence is noticeably less in the media overall. Obviously a lot can be put down to the loss of Max Clifford but for me, this was starting even before he was jailed.
Is it just natural fatigue amongst the public?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    ...i do wonder how many times simon can regurgitate the same old bollocks tbf...the inane spats are becoming more than a tad trite...and he appears to be having a few facial mobility issues..which makes him look a bit weird..:(
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch XF and haven't done for years. In past you couldn't avoid knowing who was in show. Now I have no flippin idea. Thank you media!
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely whilst fans will watch and vote he will stall have some pull
  • Options
    MagisterMagister Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    I'm a celebrity is the one I love: not XF.