Sky Sports Upgrade offer

DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have seen an offer on Sky's website regarding upgrading to Sky Sports for an extra £3.50 per month. The offer also appears on the red button service on Sky Sports channels when viewing upgrade options. However, after speaking a Sky online support chat agent and with two telephone support agents, none of them can find this offer. I already have Sky Entertainment Extra+, Sky Talk and Sky Broadband Unlimited.

I simply want more information regarding the offer so I can make an informed choice about whether I should upgrade or not. I have screenshots of the offer:

http://tinypic.com/r/15xpcec/8
http://tinypic.com/r/1qo6yu/8

It does not state how many months the discounted £3.50 price lasts for, plus then only states that I get Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2.

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will only say Sports 1&2 as they are the only ones you subscribe to, and if you subscribe to both, you get the others as a bonus.
  • ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the offer:

Subscribe to SS1 or SS2 and get unlimited broadband for free.

+ £11, - £7.50

Adding all Sky Sports in HD would cost another £16.25 (£11 + £5.25) so that's a total of £19.75.
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ep1987 wrote: »
    This is the offer:

Subscribe to SS1 or SS2 and get unlimited broadband for free.

+ £11, - £7.50

Adding all Sky Sports in HD would cost another £16.25 (£11 + £5.25) so that's a total of £19.75.
    Where the hell has the £3.50 come from?

I'm so confused.
  • rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »

I'm so confused.

£11pm for Sky Sports SD package and then your broadband (which you are currently paying £7.50pm) becomes free, leaving a net increase of £3.50 on your current price. It's a 12 month offer.
  • ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm so confused.

As above, i was going to put = £3.50 but thought it was self evident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you haggle with them, they may also reduce your line rental to half price (£7.50). I'm currently paying £29.50pm for Phone, BB and Sky Sports
  • DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out I cannot get it for an extra £3.50, because that offer is only available for customers upgrading to Sky Broadband Unlimited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out I cannot get it for an extra £3.50, because that offer is only available for customers upgrading to Sky Broadband Unlimited.

Why not upgrade? The BB Unlimited is free as part of the deal.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rufnek2k6 wrote: »
    Why not upgrade? The BB Unlimited is free as part of the deal.

Try reading the OP - he already has BB Unlimited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP you've been given false information by Sky. The offer is open to exists BBU subscribers. I was an existing subscriber.
  • acmoldacmold Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    A few months ago I changed my phone from BT to Sky so my Broadband went from £15 to £7.50, my TV package was Entertainment Plus. Now I have taken the Sports offer and my broadband. has gone from £7.50 to nothing for a year. As my phone package with Sky is slightly cheaper than the one I had with BT I am getting Sky Sports for a quid or two a month for a year. I have taken BT Sport as a stand alone package and I am now paying less than I was two years ago when I had my phone from BT my Broadband from Sky and a TV package of Entertainment Plus (or whatever it was called) plus Sky Sports and ESPN, The only thing I have changed was I stopped paying for a 2nd box as that was not HD and have put a Freeview HD box on my other downstairs TV set with a link to my Sky HD via one of the outputs on said HD box, the one that works with the Magic Eye is used for an upstairs TV in my bedroom..