NCIS Series 10 (UK pace) No spoilers

catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
Forum Member
✭✭
This starts tonight 11January on FX (now FOX) channel at 9pm. Hope they are all back after the explosion and Ducky's heart attack.

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, there really is no cliff hanger here as they announced the status of the cast not long after S9 finished.

They also announced that the ongoing storyline will be resolved in the first episode and that they'll be going back to "case of the week" from Episode 2 which doesn't exactly fill me with excitement.

I know CSI generally does "case of the week" but at least you usually have some ongoing story threads throughout the series. NCIS just never seems to do that and, for me, it's been a real struggle to watch for a while now.

I'll still watch it either way as I kind of think i've watched from episode 1, so I might as well stick it out. But then that said, if it gets to a point where i find i'm really not fussed any more then I'll probably drop it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NCIS is the type of show that doesn't really take risks, it's one of the highest rated shows on TV and perhaps that is down to the episodic nature of each episode, maybe the shows producers fear should they try something different then they might be angering some long time fans of the current format. Although I agree with you after 9-10 years of knowing the characters you do wish that they could have at least one action packed season with a ongoing storyline rather than the boring case of the week affair
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know CSI generally does "case of the week" but at least you usually have some ongoing story threads throughout the series. NCIS just never seems to do that and, for me, it's been a real struggle to watch for a while now.
    NCIS has had ongoing threads, such as Ziva's family, and recurring bad guys. I too found the previous season a struggle, but I felt it was because of too much season arc. I didn't really care much about Harper Dearing, and had trouble remembering what had happened.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Really happy this back, and great to see Richard Schiff on my telly again.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Unusual coup de grâce by Gibbs, I thought. Meant to show it was now personal, I guess.

Regards

Mark
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry folks, NCIS hasn't run out of surprises yet.

*runs from the thread, never to return*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught this yesterday. It was actually a bit better than I was expecting, but still made the same plot leaps just to wrap everything up neatly by the end.
    Forum Member
    Caught this yesterday. It was actually a bit better than I was expecting, but still made the same plot leaps just to wrap everything up neatly by the end.
    Such as? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such as? :confused:

Well the one that springs to mind is that Harper Dearing, apparently the most wanted man in the country, can easily be found at his house in the country.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the one that springs to mind is that Harper Dearing, apparently the most wanted man in the country, can easily be found at his house in the country.

He wanted to be found, and knew Gibbs would look there. Dearing wanted an ending, and Gibbs gave it to him.
    Forum Member
    Indeed. He actually "led" them there from the clues he left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. He actually "led" them there from the clues he left.

And you don't think the most wanted man in the country, the man who, apparently, replaced Osama Bin Laden on the most wanted list wouldn't have had all of his known properties and haunts under surveillance?

Yes I know it's a fictional TV show, but for me, it just seemed to be a huge leap. And since the timeline also apparently advanced a few months in the first episode, they have a fairly easy way of slipping back in to 'case of the week' as well.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy that it is up for a new series, but thanks to Sky removing FX/FOX from catch up........and series link not doing what it should do (taping EVERY episode of NCIS regardless of series or not recording ANY episode...........

I have managed to miss out on 3 episodes of the new series already....

and FOX UK website is useless, with no catch up option there either..........

Problem with very little info on the SKY TV guide and lack of clarity of which episode is which (new/old, series and episode number etc)

Anyone else having problems with series link? I have the Amstrad DRX890