Share of the vote predictions..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
Forum Member
Conservative 35%
Labour 29%
Lib Dems 27%
Others 9%

Thats my prediction based on the Conservatives giving ground to Lib Dems after their surge in popularity following the first TV debate. The impact of tactical voting and the youth vote going to the Lib Dems in marginals will deprive the Tories of a greater percentage.

Labour will be 6% behind the Tories, mainly because of peoples instinctive fear of change and Brown's more passionate speeches since Sunday will result in just enough extra votes to save them from coming third.

Lib Dems slipping slightly as people begin to realise Lib Dem policies aren't so credible and were committed to print at a time when the Lib Dems didn't realise such attention would result increased scrutiny. People have just started to find Clegg annoying, repetative and slightly arrogant of late. Tactical voting to keep the Tories out, especially in marginals and the youth vote will still give them their best performance for a long, long time.

On the subject of predictions, I believe this will result in a Lab / Lib coalition that will prove unsuccessful over the summer. A Labour leadership campaign and a difficult relationship will prove too much. This will prove a turn-off for typical voters for each party.

Expect another General Election in September / October, where the split will be more like,

Conservative 38%
Labour 26%
Lib Dems 23%
Others 13%

Leaving the Tories with a workable majority.

Comments

• Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conservatives 34%
    Labour 32%
    Lib Dem 25%
    Other 9%

Turn out: 68.4%
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think giving Labour as low as 26% or any lower than 29% really, isn't given nearly as much respect to the last minute vote that will break out favourably towards the party in government as it always does.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't want to be specific. But I feel the Libdems will do better than Labour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »

I think that's wishful thinking from some.

As I've said repeatedly, the fact that the 'safe hands' option has been dismissed when there are so many last minute voters who usually do break for the party in power, is astonishing.

It seems to be an election where we're ignoring the fact that 35% of the elctorate haven't yet made up their minds and assume their final decision will have absolutely no bearing on the result at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I think for the vote for change slogan has stuck, and change was a key word for the Lib Dems today. Even something like The Sun front page may be enough to get a few extra Tory votes.

I think Labour will be at least 4% behind the Tories, but more like 6%.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Conservatives - 36%
    Labour - 29%
    Liberal Democrats - 26%
    Other - 9%
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Smess83 wrote: »
    I think for the vote for change slogan has stuck, and change was a key word for the Lib Dems today. Even something like The Sun front page may be enough to get a few extra Tory votes.

I think Labour will be at least 4% behind the Tories, but more like 6%.

Or lose the tories some votes, the sun frontpage is beyond a joke if I was Obama I'd be taking The Sun to court
  • THRTHR Posts: 9,808
    Forum Member
    Conservatives 31%
    Labour 29%
    LibDems 28%
    BNP 3%

Turn-out 66%
  • robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conservative - 38%
    Labour - 29%
    Lib Dem - 27%
    Other - 6%

Turnout - 72.41%
  • RJH GloverRJH Glover Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Conservatives: 38.2% (295 Seats)
    Labour: 29.2% (248 Seats)
    Lib Dems: 28.7% (80 Seats)
    Others: 3.9% (27 Seats)

Turnout: 70%
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Rafer wrote: »

Until last Tuesday I'd have agreed, but Brown held his nerve in the final debate more than people expected, despite low expectations. Just as Brown found his passion, Clegg found himself short on commitment at the Methodist Hall meeting and quite a few people are starting to see through his 'look at the children in the two old parties squabbling' routine.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Its difficult to call - 20% of people have already cast postal votes (many 10 days ago when the LDs were riding high0 and 40% of those still to vote may change their minds.

My guess is

Con 36%
    Lib Dem 29%
    Labour 27%

Tories just short of a majority - and do a deal with the DUP. Really the worst possible scenario - to have to rely on Ulster parties.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Lib Dems might do a little better than the current polls are suggesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Con 35%
    Lab 28%
    Lib 28%
    Others 9%

Using the BBC Seat Calculator that would give

Con 278
    Lab 261
    Lib 82
    Others 29
  • astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agee it's a difficult one to predict.

However, here in Scotland, most people I've spoken to will vote Labour.

Even die hard SNPs have decided to vote Labour this time.

South of Durham, it will be Conservative & Lib/ Dem
  • SkyknightSkyknight Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Con 37%
    Lab 29%
    Lib 25%
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cons - 33% - 221 seats
    labour - 33% - 322 seats