Is Heart FM the worst radio station in the UK?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jon craig wrote: »
    Oh good, I thought! Yet another Heart thread being dredged up again - let's go and take a look, surely somebody has added something new and orginal to the same tired old debates.

Except of course they haven't. Same tired old bul*sh*t, same lame, misinformed arguments.

Move on folks, there's nothing to see here.......

"This is Tart!"

Haven't read that on DS yet. ;)
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite the worse that goes to Capital 95.8 same six songs all day, have to listen to that drivel at work.
  • jon craigjon craig Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »
    Not quite the worse that goes to Capital 95.8 same six songs all day, have to listen to that drivel at work.

What is it with this 'have Heart only got 20 songs' or 'Capital play the same six songs all day'? Is it supposed to be irony or just a lame attempt at humour?

As for Capital, fancy a HIT music station playing today's HITS on tight rotation - absolutely astonishing! Maybe they should get on some Fleetwood Mac, a bit of Mantovani for those who prefer something a bit lighter, and the odd bit of Miles Davis for the jazz buffs. They could even get my mate Billy in to play the spoons one day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jon craig wrote: »
    What is it with this 'have Heart only got 20 songs' or 'Capital play the same six songs all day'? Is it supposed to be irony or just a lame attempt at humour?

As for Capital, fancy a HIT music station playing today's HITS on tight rotation - absolutely astonishing! Maybe they should get on some Fleetwood Mac, a bit of Mantovani for those who prefer something a bit lighter, and the odd bit of Miles Davis for the jazz buffs. They could even get my mate Billy in to play the spoons one day!

Just the same songs on a loop played over and over again.
  • BorsantBorsant Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »
    Just the same songs on a loop played over and over again.

Perhaps we can have 'More Heart bashing variety' - I'm not hopeful though : )
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    RED KITE wrote: »
    It's good but it's not Heart (not with Meatloaf and Oasis in the mix) - Heart was originally meant to be a soft pop / soft rock station - they would never play Oasis.

Yet they have played Kings Of Leon - Sex on Fire:rolleyes: Why was that played a year ago?

I suppose in order to 'feel good', they needed to playlist a song with 'sex' in the title
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borsant wrote: »
    Perhaps we can have 'More Heart bashing variety' - I'm not hopeful though : )

Heart are not as bad as Capital for this, as what I said first. At the end of the day if every had the same tastes the world would be a boring place.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martin Day on Heart Essex's "time tunnel" must have played 6 tracks from a 70's compilation this morning, oh BTW the Michael Jackson CD is still in the machine :D
  • boywonderboywonder Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    Yet they have played Kings Of Leon - Sex on Fire:rolleyes: Why was that played a year ago?

I suppose in order to 'feel good', they needed to playlist a song with 'sex' in the title
    Not really. Could it possibly have something to do with the fact that its a sing-a-long song? Play it in the clubs and watch the girlies go crazy on the dancefloor.
  • Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes it is the worst....unless your a George Michael fan.
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say capital/galaxy are making heart sound good the playlist on capital now is terrible same songs on and on yes its a hit station but really still IMO they are all crap:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say capital/galaxy are making heart sound good the playlist on capital now is terrible same songs on and on yes its a hit station but really still IMO they are all crap:D

how can it be possible that any station could be worse than Heart? Do Capital/Galaxy only have two songs on their playlist?! :p
  • James Martin 2James Martin 2 Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why another Heart thread? There's always at least 3 on the front page at any given time.

MODS - PLEASE can we just keep all Heart chat in one thread? We haven't got over 5 threads on other stations, stations whose events are a little bit more interesting than repeating the same shit about Heart over and over.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to thank Rachel for bumping this thread, as I wouldn't have read the OP otherwise. What a magnificent rant! It deserves a gong of some sort. Does NME still do the one with the finger at the Brats?

Such style. :D

My heart (very small "h") is with scruffpot, but even as someone who tears their hair out at Heart and Capital's stupefyingly dull music policy, I know his/her playlist would struggle to make even an internet station. It makes 6M look like Heart and 6 is as disperate as I can tolerate. Whilst I certainly couldn't listen to scruffpot fm, I wouldn't mock the choice. I'm jealous of those with a wider taste than I.
  • GoodBuddyGoodBuddy Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel2006 wrote: »
    yes it is the worst....unless your a George Michael fan.

Or that F&*^king annoying Michael Bubble:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acccording to their playlist they're playing Dina Carroll??!! WTF?!:eek:
  • douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was on in Dad's car the other day. It's not the best in the world but it's far more listenable than the vile chavvy nonesense that is Red Dragon, who are better off calling themselves The Wanted FM.
  • tini canstini cans Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Rachel2006 wrote: »
    acccording to their playlist they're playing Dina Carroll??!! WTF?!:eek:

Ain't No Man.

What a great song! ;)
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart "FM"... are we back in 1998? Heart hasn't been called Heart FM for at least a decade, I suggest the o/p tries listening to the up-to-date output.
  • bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    see my other thread, which the mods have kindly locked, I see they won't lock the other equally pointless Heart bashing threads though - it needs a whole subforum for itself!
  • tini canstini cans Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Heart "FM"... are we back in 1998? Heart hasn't been called Heart FM for at least a decade, I suggest the o/p tries listening to the up-to-date output.

Spot on.

I hate that thing of adding "FM". So annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tini cans wrote: »
    Spot on.

I hate that thing of adding "FM". So annoying.

If I remember rightly, Heart was called "Heart FM" back when it launched in the mid 90s, but they haven't used that brand on-air for at least the last decade.
  • crusher19860138crusher19860138 Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My contribution for the worst station in the UK is 102.5 The Bridge in Stourbridge,very amateurish and crap presenters!seems to me they are flogging a dead horse with this station,not met anybody who listens to it.
  • Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I remember rightly, Heart was called "Heart FM" back when it launched in the mid 90s, but they haven't used that brand on-air for at least the last decade.

Certainly in the West Midlands it was branded on air as "100 point 7 Heart FM" since it launched until fairly recently.

As far as I remember in London, it was always known as "Heart 106 point 2".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly in the West Midlands it was branded on air as "100 point 7 Heart FM" since it launched until fairly recently.

As far as I remember in London, it was always known as "Heart 106 point 2".

How recent is "fairly recently", must have been at least several years though? It's been just "Heart" for at least the last 2/3 years?