Options

Grammys noms announced tonight

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my christ - I bet she wins too (SuBo that is)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see some of our own British acts nominated for Grammy's (Florence and The Machine, Susan Boyle)...Bruno Mars has racked up a load of grammy nominations....xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    What a stupid list. Not a single deserving AOTY or Rock Album. No wonder these awards are regarded as such a joke!
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Arcade Fire deserve AOTY.:)

How did Katy Perry get there?:confused:

And even though I did say she would be ignored, I did think that Bad Romance would get something big, but no!?:confused:
    And I don't know anyone who thought TFM would get a nod for AOTY either.

I also hope Janelle Monae wins something, she should be nominated a lot more this year.:)

Laughing at SuBo getting a nomination!:D

Shocked at Rated R not getting a nod for AOTY.:eek:

Cee-Lo should get something for **** You.:)

If Justin Bieber wins BNA, I can only laugh, because once the Teenies move onto someone new, (see: Jonas Brothers) he will be forgotten, and the Grammies will look pretty stupid then. They've made that mistake before.:p

If Flo gets something I'll be happy too.:)
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    KATY PERRY FOR AOTY?! IS THIS A JOKE?

I mean I love Katy..but come on now. Teenage Dream isn't exactly a masterpiece.

It's an awful album and I used to be a fan :(:o

Did Taylor Swift release her album too late for nomination? :confused::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »
    It's an awful album and I used to be a fan :(:o

Did Taylor Swift release her album too late for nomination? :confused::(

Yes.

And thank God.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    So happy that Flo and Mumford And Sons are there for best new artist :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Teenage Dream being nominated for AOTY is pretty hilarious, have to admit.

It's not even like it's been massively popular like Taylor Swift's efforts...and it's definitely not something they'd usually favour with the generic songs, auto-tuned vocals and irreverent nature of it.

I guess they're clutching at straws to remain relevant, chucking in the bigger stars of the year.

For her sake, I hope she doesn't perform or she can kiss goodbye to future noms. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Teenage Dream being nominated for AOTY is pretty hilarious, have to admit.

It's not even like it's been massively popular like Taylor Swift's efforts...and it's definitely not something they'd usually favour with the generic songs, auto-tuned vocals and irreverent nature of it.

I guess they're clutching at straws to remain relevant, chucking in the bigger stars of the year.

For her sake, I hope she doesn't perform or she can kiss goodbye to future noms. :eek:

:D:D:D

But that won't stop Taylor Swift.:(
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Yes.

And thank God.:)

It will be eligible for the 2012 Grammys won't it? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It will be eligible for the 2012 Grammys won't it? :D

Oh but the way things are looking so far, Kanye West will destroy everyone.

Oh, the irony.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need You Now has one of either ROTY and SOTY in the bag tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh but the way things are looking so far, Kanye West will destroy everyone.

Oh, the irony.:D

You have a point. I stand corrected :D
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    Looks like you'll need to change your pants :D

Here's the full listings for all categories (all 109 of them :eek:)

I'm gutted they didn't have a category for Best Live Album By a Post Rock Band Beginning With the Letter M from Glasgow.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iron Maiden were nominated. I don't know why people whinge about it being the same nominees every year. There's like 100 awards given out FFS. Also, Alicia and Beyonce both deserve their awards because they each got about half of them for vocal performances.

Iron Maiden were nominated...for the token 'Best Metal' category :rolleyes:

It's a total farce that in the one that matters - Best Album - it was ignored. There isn't a single person can argue with a straight face that it doesn't deserve the nod ahead of an album like Katy Perry's Teenage Dream - it debuted at No. 1 in 30 countries and had universal critical acclaim. I'm sick of these so-called 'awards' ignoring bands like Iron Maiden just because they're heavy-metal. But it's always been that way, I can't see it changing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Iron Maiden were nominated...for the token 'Best Metal' category :rolleyes:

It's a total farce that in the one that matters - Best Album - it was ignored. There isn't a single person can argue with a straight face that it doesn't deserve the nod ahead of an album like Katy Perry's Teenage Dream - it debuted at No. 1 in 30 countries and had universal critical acclaim. I'm sick of these so-called 'awards' ignoring bands like Iron Maiden just because they're heavy-metal. But it's always been that way, I can't see it changing.

I get why you are mad, but at least they weren't completely snubbed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get why you are mad, but at least they weren't completely snubbed.

They were always gonna be nominated for Best Metal Performance though - that whole category was just invented so as they didn't have to include the increasingly popular 80s/early 90s metal scene in the bigger categories. Plus whoever was putting together that category must have been high - both Lamb of God's and Slayers albums were released in 2009, not 2010!

There's always been a stigma attached to metal music, which is very unfortunate. Don't get me wrong, some of it can be just as formulaic as any other genre, but some of it is incredibly creative and forward-thinking, not to mention commercially gigantic. Iron Maiden fall into both those categories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    They were always gonna be nominated for Best Metal Performance though - that whole category was just invented so as they didn't have to include the increasingly popular 80s/early 90s metal scene in the bigger categories. Plus whoever was putting together that category must have been high - both Lamb of God's and Slayers albums were released in 2009, not 2010!

There's always been a stigma attached to metal music, which is very unfortunate. Don't get me wrong, some of it can be just as formulaic as any other genre, but some of it is incredibly creative and forward-thinking, not to mention commercially gigantic. Iron Maiden fall into both those categories.

I have to admit it's not really my type of music, but I know how popular how it is. Maybe some of these days I'll give it a go...
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Antebellum better win big!

Gaga too.

Hope Herbie Hancock wins too, I love P!nk's voice on Imagine.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy for Gaga to get some wins, but for the love of god I DO NOT want to see her on stage in a dress made of sheep eyeballs crying to the heavens "I love my little monsters so much!"

Hopefully Florence will win best new artist because she's from Britain. However it's obvious Justin Bieber will win.
    Shame Ke$ha isn't nominated for best new artist because I think she's very good at what she does (creating party tunes), but I totally expected that.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce is overated imho.

Agreed
  • Options
    bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice to see Muse finally get some recognition at the Grammys :)

Best Rock Single
    Best Rock Performance
    Best Rock Album
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I hope Teenage dream wins best pop album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit it's not really my type of music, but I know how popular how it is. Maybe some of these days I'll give it a go...

Well I won't derail this thread any further lol, but if you are interested in hearing some good melodic metal music just drop me a PM and I'll rustle up some links for ya :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I'm happy for Gaga to get some wins, but for the love of god I DO NOT want to see her on stage in a dress made of sheep eyeballs crying to the heavens "I love my little monsters so much!"

Oh god, me neither. So boring.