Options

What made you sign up to Digital Spy?

Comments

• Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Wanted modulation/ERP information for a terrestrial STB (between ITV Digital and Freeview services).
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :blush: Aisleyne - BB -

Ditto, though without a blush :)
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like a lot of people, I came here when the Channel 4 Big Brother forum closed.

I remember it being quite a shock. It was like changing schools. The forum was a lot more aggressive than Channel 4's and it was a while before I started posting anything other than "I agree".

It all seems quite natural now. I'm not sure whether it was the forum that changed or me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    They shut the Big Brother forum so I came here. But I rarely go onto the BB forum on here, its a scary place
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I signed up because I got namechecked, so vanity I guess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I signed up because I got namechecked, so vanity I guess.

How do you mean?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you mean?
    It was one of those "Who do you remember from <insert name of forum>?" type threads.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I needed some technical advice over some piece of AV equipment then found GD and got hooked.

In hindsight I wish I hadn't because it's too addictive and been known to get me in trouble. Like smoking. I enjoy it but it's become a bad habit for me. I spend too much time on here sometimes.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    It's been 14 years... we can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used. The sheets had never been slept in.

I blame the snowman who used to grace these walls.

Quote from Titanic I believe?!

Originally I registered to post my views on the soaps, had been a lurker for a while. But decided to sign up (this is my third username) forgot password for the other two.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think for me, my reason for signing up to DS was when Sky 1 got taken off the Virgin Media platform, and wanted to know when it'll come back on, because at the time I was missing 24. Eventually I registered to become a forum member after a while.

I remember that! I was in the same situation. Wasn't much impressed...now I barely watch more than one or two shows on that channel a year.
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wife joined first after we were rudely exiled from another forum...

I joined after her on the same day but it then took ages for me to be approved, presumably because they were suspicious in case it was the same person starting two accounts on the same day.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lurked for a while before plucking up the courage to sign up and join in
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I joined in late-2009 as a search for Jimmy Savile rumour gossip on the net led me to threads here, and I joined up to post on them.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I always used to come on here for the soap spoilers, and lurked for a while. Had some really good laughs and thought I'd give it a try.
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it looked a fun friendly place and I was right. :)
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drugs :(

Only kidding. Doctor Who is what made me join

Same here. (Not the drugs!)

Found my friends occasionally rolling their eyes when I'd mention the show, so thought what the heck, stop lurking and join in the discussions with other fans!

Like the place. :)
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    The Doctor Who forum I think
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    I was a Strictly Come Dancing fan who liked to know the spoilers and the spoilers from the site I used came from here so I signed up
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I lurked on the soap threads then decided to join in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A computer problem. Probably guided from google.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Title says it all really..:)

A gun to the head.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Title says it all really..:)

I was a long time lurker but then one day I needed to ask something on advice section which made me to sign up, & since then..:blush::D

The BBC said they were closing their Strictly Come Dancing message boards. I'd been a lurker over here at DS since they always had the results of who got voted out of SCD on a Saturday night so figured it was time to get involved.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son persuaded me, I lurked for around six months, then took the plunge.:)
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Not sure, I think I was looking for something on DAB radios? Or because I was bored one NYE.