Options

**SPOILER** Thread - Saturday 6th December 2014

Comments

• Options
    Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Are we meeting back here for results, I've never wanted to see the Sunday show more.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Morning all. Are we meeting back here for results, I've never wanted to see the Sunday show more.

I'll be very interested to see Trent's reaction.

In his shoes I might be feeling a tad sheepish.
  • Options
    mictheminimicthemini Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best messages last night/this morning

'Originally Posted by StigOfTheKrump
    I've just realised that this means Pixie has finished in the same position as Ann Widdecombe.

Dear oh dear...'

And
    Originally Posted by rebecca87
    Yet they're not jealous of Caroline or Frankie? And I would say Simon is arguably more handsome than either Jake or Mark.

Plus it's really hard to dial with your vagina.'
    Aggs:
    No, but ovaries can be trained. Even now years later just whispering Gethan can make the phone lines hum.'

You all have made me laugh inbetween the WTFs re Pixie, Mark, Simon, Frankie, Jake and Caroline.

Hopefully this thread will be it's usual pleasant, food orientated, panda/otter/fluffy creatures video, chatty lark next week.

Anyone wishing to abuse people over their voting preferences, threaten people or just generally pee people off, really need to go to the main SCD thread or start one of their own.

Thanks to abigailsmum and moles, to Monaogg, Johnny's Arcade, toyboysmum, and Lordsally for all the hard work they do on this thread. I really appreciate you all. And CorrieAddict27 for keeping us entertained with your spectacular dress sense.

Off now, got a back massage, need to get ready for my chill out treatment.

Have a super sunday.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't even seen the Saturday one yet. It will be interesting to watch it already knowing the result. I wonder if I will spot what it was that caused it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing the result: Simons Transformation into Lisa Snowdown is now complete. (hopefully we have the joy of something like Snowdance from them)
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO Darcey has had issues with Pixie for weeks she almost every week finished her assessment with I don't to be picky but. As for Len he seems to think the show is all about him and his Headmaster speech last night was a disgrace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AND THOSE BASTARDS KILLED TRENT. I hope you're happy Craig SNIFF (and yeah we lost Pixie)
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    IMO Darcey has had issues with Pixie for weeks she almost every week finished her assessment with I don't to be picky but.

If only Pixie had nice big guns she might still be in.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although she wasn't my favourite, Pixie was the best dancer in the competition and not having her in the final I think shows the voting system to be flawed. Jake is probably my favourite but I accept at least he and the awful Mark should both have been out on merit before Pixie.

I know strictly is meant to be an entertainment show but dancing is it's core reason for being. If the quality of the dancer becomes secondary in importance to their popularity when it comes to winning then the show will become totally pointless.

Ii'm surprised the judges didn't save her and Trent.

I'm surprised you're surprised as no one has seen the DO yet (except those who were in the studio) As far as I am concerned the DO is similar to a cup final, all that has gone before should be discarded. Usually the best dancer wins but not always, I guessing most the posters on here have far more knowledge about dancing than the general public who, as they are encouraged to do, vote for their favourite. It is what it is.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    If only Pixie had nice big guns she might still be in.

:o:D

True, true. :D
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night I said I'd be quitting the forum for the rest of the series due to the fallout over this result. Having slept on it I've decided that was an overreaction, although I'll definitely be avoiding it this evening.
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Hey Chickenfromkiev! You don't need to use spoiler tags on a spoiler thread. ;-)

I know, it was more to save space. ;-)
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    I'm surprised you're surprised as no one has seen the DO yet (except those who were in the studio) As far as I am concerned the DO is similar to a cup final, all that has gone before should be discarded. Usually the best dancer wins but not always, I guessing most the posters on here have far more knowledge about dancing than the general public who, as they are encouraged to do, vote for their favourite. It is what it is.

Plus this is the week where every vote matters & no one can be assumed safe. People tend to forget this and wonder why there are shock results.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am still in shock but she wasn't as good last night as she has been obviously, but it thought Frankie wasn't as good as Pixie and Frankie should be in the bottom 2.

I don't think Pixie is ever capable of a bad performance but I have seen better from here.

I just hope the final four are Caroline, Simon, Frankie and Jake.

Oh and by the way, a huge thanks goes out to abigailsmum, I appreciate the spoiler, so I don't have to toss and turn in my bed all night wondering who's gone. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Plus this is the week where every vote matters & no one can be assumed safe. People tend to forget this and wonder why there are shock results.

That is true. Also, they (the public) might not have voted for Pixie as they think that she was always going to win the waltz-a-thon, if that's one of the reasons why people didn't vote for her it is pathetic. >:(

I genuinely think Pixie was the best in the waltz a- thon. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Jupiter* wrote: »
    AND THOSE BASTARDS KILLED TRENT. I hope you're happy Craig SNIFF (and yeah we lost Pixie)

Did Craig save Simon?
  • Options
    joh1965joh1965 Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    But what's interesting to consider is why people didn't vote for her enough.

The reason may be as simple as some people want to spin it. On the other hand, judging by comments every week on this forum some viewers vote tactically in the sense of voting (to some extent) for who they believe NEEDS their votes the most. This is where some people, including me, believe it's unfair to have Pixie 2nd on the LB (not in obvious 'danger') but with only 2 more points than the bottom couple (clearly in 'danger') because there happened to be a 3-way tie just below her.

I never voted for Pixie because there's something about her I just don't like. Unfortunately, shoot me down if you like, I tend to vote for who I like rather than who dances better and I suspect that's probably what happens in a lot of cases. That said, if Pixie had gone on to win then I would have said well done. I have two 'favourites' left in it but if neither of them win then I won't be up in arms just because they don't. I won't refuse to watch any more because it was allegedly 'fixed'. I will continue to watch a programme that I consider is great entertainment.
  • Options
    catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ajdcbg wrote: »
    I have officially lost interest in this season. Pixie may not have won, but she damn sure should have been in final with Frankie and Caroline.

To have a dancer of her quality not even make the semi's, let alone the final, is outrageous. We need SCD to adopt the one thing that x factor does better....go to public vote if there's a tie.

What makes you think if the public had to choose between Pixie and Simon they would choose Pixie? I am pretty sure she hasn't been getting a lot of votes but because she has always been high on the leaderboard, if not top, it didn't matter. Ok Simon has been in the dance off 3 times but it could be that each time people thought he was safe or there was someone they wanted to make sure was safe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    Last night I said I'd be quitting the forum for the rest of the series due to the fallout over this result. Having slept on it I've decided that was an overreaction, although I'll definitely be avoiding it this evening.

I will be avoiding it too, and I expect a lot of >:('s and :o's tomorrow! :D

On this forum.

I will still be keeping an eye on the forum but I won't be posting anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »

Glad to have you still with us :)
  • Options
    catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's weird how people get different vibes from the contestants. For me, Jake doesn't seem that enthusiastic about the show. With Simon, from his performances, you can tell that he is absolutely loving the experience and from his ITT interviews.

Totally agree with this post. To me Simon has improved vastly and you can see the pleasure he is getting from learning and getting better. Jake on the other hand to me just looks thoroughly bored and disinterested and in interviews is as dull as dishwater. Also he hasn't improved since week 2
  • Options
    dottiepdottiep Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sey77 wrote: »
    Pixie shouldn't have been in the dance off either. She was the much better dancer, in every way. Len had an axe to grind after Trent's comments, which is why the phone vote should decide when the judges are tied.

I see Len is up to his old spiteful tricks again. He was very unfair with Brendan some time ago and was mean with his comments and marks. I thought he had got over this. But no - the old Len Badman is back on track again. What a mean old man he is. He is too far up himself these days. Somebody has told him he's good! What a great couple Pixie and Trent are.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did Craig save Simon?

No, he saved Pixie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dottiep wrote: »
    I see Len is up to his old spiteful tricks again. He was very unfair with Brendan some time ago and was mean with his comments and marks. I thought he had got over this. But no - the old Len Badman is back on track again. What a mean old man he is. He is too far up himself these days. Somebody has told him he's good! What a great couple Pixie and Trent are.:cry:

Who voted for who in the dance off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    I've just looked back through a lot of the thread (I wasn't able to look last night) and see that there have been instances of criticism of the spoiler result.

So, an open letter to Abigailsmum.

The true spoiler followers (whether they post or just lurk) really, really appreciate what you do. We would never doubt your integrity. We understand that there is always a possibility that you could be given the wrong result, but you take all steps to be sure as far as you possibly can that the result on the spoiler thread is correct. You are an absolute star.

I salute you!

Hear! Hear! :)