What are the best US Shows to watch?

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
Forum Member
✭✭
I really enjoy the US Shows and thanks to Netflix and Amazon Prime I am enjoying them but there are so many! What are the best?

currently watching -

The Good Wife Season 1
Brothers & Sisters Season 2
Californic'ation Season 4
White Collar Season 2

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give "The Americans" a try. (Amazon Prime)
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for the Americans and try
    How To Get Away With Murder
    Person of Interest
    The Blacklist
    Scandal
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Another vote for the Americans and try
    How To Get Away With Murder
    Person of Interest
    The Blacklist
    Scandal

I know Matthew Rhys who played Kevin in Brothers and Sisters is in The Americans.
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    House of Cards Netflix Only just started it myself Enjoying it
    Scandal
    Revenge Bonkers but still good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And "Orange Is The New Black" (Netflix)

* I preferred the first season to the second.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scandal
    Shameless USA
    Nashville
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Still airing or in production:

Better Call Saul
    Game of Thrones
    Rupaul's Drag Race
    Modern Family
    The Goldbergs
    Episodes
    Girls
    Looking
    The Walking Dead
    The Talking Dead
    The Leftovers
    Under the Dome
    Orange is the New Black
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I really enjoy the US Shows and thanks to Netflix and Amazon Prime I am enjoying them but there are so many! What are the best?

currently watching -

The Good Wife Season 1
    Brothers & Sisters Season 2
    Californic'ation Season 4
    White Collar Season 2

You're so lucky, I wish I could go back and watch 'The Good Wife' again from the start.

Without doubt one of the best acted and best scripted shows on TV at the moment.
    It's criminal that Christine Baranski still hasn't got an Emmy for her performance despite having 5 nominations.
    CB and Archie Panjabi totally steal every scene they are in IMO.
    The show has won at least one acting Emmy every year though, so that shows how good it is I suppose.
    You're in for a treat when Martha Plimpton & Carrie Preston come in for guest appearances as well, they play fantastic characters (and both won an Emmy for their respective performances).

Sorry, this isn't a post about Emmys though.

Some other recommendations.

How to get away with Murder. - Outstanding. Viola Davis is fantastic.
    Scandal. I'm not loving season 4 TBH, but 1-3 are fantastic.
    Suits, Same as Scandal I'm afraid, but definitely worth a watch.

Reckless starts next week on Alibi but as it's already been cancelled, I'm not too sure whether I'll bother.

I'm hearing good things about Madam Secretary so I'm looking forward to that. Starts this month sometime I believe on Sky Living.
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    House of Cards
    Damages
    Bloodline, on Netflix
  • MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    MrMarple wrote: »
    I'm hearing good things about Madam Secretary so I'm looking forward to that. Starts this month sometime I believe on Sky Living.

This show doesn't start too well, but the last 4-5 episodes have been a lot better. Worth a look if you can stick it out during the early episodes.
  • Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're speaking of shows currently in production and not those which have wrapped up for good, you might try the following that have not been mentioned yet:

Gotham
    Outlander
    Jane The Virgin
    Castle
    Bones

Also, as I understand it, Arrested Development is going to have another season via Netflix, I'm guessing, so it would be worth catching up with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still airing or in production:

Better Call Saul
    Game of Thrones
    Rupaul's Drag Race
    Modern Family
    The Goldbergs
    Episodes
    Girls
    Looking
    The Walking Dead
    The Talking Dead
    The Leftovers
    Under the Dome
    Orange is the New Black

The Good Wife, Castle & Suits are all in production still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're so lucky, I wish I could go back and watch 'The Good Wife' again from the start.

Without doubt one of the best acted and best scripted shows on TV at the moment.
    It's criminal that Christine Baranski still hasn't got an Emmy for her performance despite having 5 nominations.
    The show has won at least one acting Emmy every year though, so that shows how good it is I suppose.
    You're in for a treat when Martha Plimpton & Carrie Preston come in for guest appearances as well, they play fantastic characters (and both won an Emmy for their respective performances).

Reckless starts next week on Alibi but as it's already been cancelled, I'm not too sure whether I'll bother.

I want to see Castle Seasons 4, 5 & 6 but they are not on Netflix and it is not available on Amazon Prime right now.

I really liked Rescue Me but Seasons 3-7 are not on Prime plus it's not on Netflix.

Is How To Get Away with Murder on UK Netflix or the US version?
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    The Good Wife, Castle & Suits are all in production still.

I can't recommend them as I've not seen them, yet. I tend to binge watch a lot of US shows myself, so I'm taking note of others' recommendations. I decided to add just the ones still airing or in production otherwise it would have been a long list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have seen Martha Plimpton guest star in two episodes of Season 1, I am now up to episode 22 of Season 1 so two more to go.

I have crushes on Josh Charles and Matt Czurchy and I think Julianna Margulies and Christine Baranski are fab.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Justified
    Forum Member
    Oh, I quite enjoyed 'Transparent' on Amzon Prime (but available via other sources).
  • moose82moose82 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best us shows that i love to watch are american horror story, gotham, the walking dead and the 100
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reign