Options

8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown

Comments

• Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epm-84 wrote: »
    The way studio audience works is they over allocate tickets to ensure a full audience, so some people get refused entry if they don't turn up early enough. However, those people get offered priority tickets for a future recording and get let in first so usually get front row seats.

Alternatively you make get sat near the front if you have a disability.

So it's not easy to finish up with front row seats!

The audience for regular Countdown is different; you won't get bumped, and it's not too hard to get seats near the front.

But the layout is different from 8OOTCDC, with the audience further way from the set.

(One exception was when it was filmed in a smaller studio - when the 2010 leaders' debate was using the normal studio. I think I was sitting 10-15 feet from Rachel's chair, but another difference is that the cameras are in front of the audience and they keep moving about and getting in the way. Anyway you can't look too blatantly because you're supposed to be busy puzzling over the letters and numbers!)
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »
    I think I was sitting 10-15 feet from Rachel's chair...

That's a very lenient restraining order!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They usually film two episodes in the same evening, usually on a Monday so someone being absent for one day of filming usually means they miss two episodes. It's also why on some occasions a contestant on one program has been in dictionary corner the next.

I wouldn't be surprised if a one-off special for Easter appears which was filmed on the same night as episode 7.

There was nothing mentioned about 'episode 8' being anything 'special' when I saw it recorded. Although it was pretty surreal all round.
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    There was nothing mentioned about 'episode 8' being anything 'special' when I saw it recorded. Although it was pretty surreal all round.

They might just be saving it for a Bank Holiday weekend with there being 3 between now and the end of May.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got an email saying they are looking for audience members for episodes being filmed Thursday 5th March at 5.10pm & 7.40pm.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Just got an email saying they are looking for audience members for episodes being filmed Thursday 5th March at 5.10pm & 7.40pm.

Ditto...Sent my booking request off. Im guessing that will be shown during Easter Holiday's or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anybody attend the recording?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown will return for a new series in May and, yep, Joey Essex will be back.

Host Jimmy Carr will be back on the show alongside team captains Sean Lock and Jon Richardson and Countdown stars Rachel Riley and Susie Dent.

Once again, Dent will be joined in Dictionary Corner by a host of celebrities including Johnny Vegas, Joe Lycett and Nina Conti. And then there's Joey Essex - who won't be in Dictionary Corner this time, but will be helping out Riley with the letters and numbers. So that's going to go well.

The former TOWIE star previously appeared on the show in September, when he vowed that he could handle the Countdown clock because he's "a good counter" and strangely got confused about whether or not he was on Countdown.

Meanwhile, Lee Mack, Kathy Burke, Rhod Gilbert, Sara Pascoe and Kevin Bridges are among the guests who will be taking part.

The series will kick off with surprise team captain Sarah Millican filling in for Richardson.

Bill Bailey, Rob Delaney, Paul Foot and Romesh Ranganathan will be the guests, while Nina Conti will be in Dictionary Corner... so we'll just have to wait for Joey Essex.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown will return for a new series in May and, yep, Joey Essex will be back.

Host Jimmy Carr will be back on the show alongside team captains Sean Lock and Jon Richardson and Countdown stars Rachel Riley and Susie Dent.

Once again, Dent will be joined in Dictionary Corner by a host of celebrities including Johnny Vegas, Joe Lycett and Nina Conti. And then there's Joey Essex - who won't be in Dictionary Corner this time, but will be helping out Riley with the letters and numbers. So that's going to go well.

The former TOWIE star previously appeared on the show in September, when he vowed that he could handle the Countdown clock because he's "a good counter" and strangely got confused about whether or not he was on Countdown.

Meanwhile, Lee Mack, Kathy Burke, Rhod Gilbert, Sara Pascoe and Kevin Bridges are among the guests who will be taking part.

The series will kick off with surprise team captain Sarah Millican filling in for Richardson.

Bill Bailey, Rob Delaney, Paul Foot and Romesh Ranganathan will be the guests, while Nina Conti will be in Dictionary Corner... so we'll just have to wait for Joey Essex.

Oh please don't say he's replacing Joe Wilkinson...

I would prefer Sara Millican to replace Richardson full time...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ! Paul Foot, Lee Mack, Joey Essex, Kevin Bridges + No mention of Wilkinson and Richardson part-timing it again = Reasons not to watch.

I like Millican but is her being on anything, ever a "surprise"?

It seems like they're not making an effort anymore. Isn't the country bored with Joey Essex's fake stupidity yet?!?! What is wrong with people?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Oh please don't say he's replacing Joe Wilkinson...

That looks to be the case, which I'm hugely grateful for. Doesn't automatically mean i'm a Joey Essex "fan", because I'm really not but replacing the hugely contrived and unfunny segments featuring Wilkinson is a step in the right direction anyway.

I'll reserve judgement about Essex until I see what he does.
  • Options
    stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Looks like this is back on 15th May at the usual time of 9PM. Digiguide describes a different opener to the info of RW above:

Team captain Sean Lock and Kevin Bridges are up against Jon Richardson and Kathy Burke, with Joe Lycett in Dictionary Corner, while Nick Helm 'helps' Rachel Riley with the numbers and letters.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    stewartuu wrote: »
    Looks like this is back on 15th May at the usual time of 9PM. Digiguide describes a different opener to the info of RW above:

Team captain Sean Lock and Kevin Bridges are up against Jon Richardson and Kathy Burke, with Joe Lycett in Dictionary Corner, while Nick Helm 'helps' Rachel Riley with the numbers and letters.
    No the first episode is this Sunday
    Jimmy Carr hosts a new show with Sean Lock, Bill Bailey and Paul Foot who take on Sarah Millican, Rob Delaney and Romesh Ranganathan. Nina Conti joins Susie Dent and Rachel Riley. (S7 Ep1)
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That looks to be the case, which I'm hugely grateful for. Doesn't automatically mean i'm a Joey Essex "fan", because I'm really not but replacing the hugely contrived and unfunny segments featuring Wilkinson is a step in the right direction anyway.

I'll reserve judgement about Essex until I see what he does.

You know what, I hated Joe Wilkinson when I first started watching it, but I find him funny now. Some bits are embarrassing, but overall I do like him now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    No the first episode is this Sunday

Indeed, thanks - just saw this advertised and came here to correct myself!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hardly a surprise. They always films two episodes in one evening and the last series had an odd number of episodes with Sarah filling in for Jon as captain on the final one.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    You know what, I hated Joe Wilkinson when I first started watching it, but I find him funny now. Some bits are embarrassing, but overall I do like him now.

I don't mind him in small doses, especially on the regular 8 out of 10 Cats, but his segments on this show just ruined it for me.

Good job i remembered this was on tonight as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon one of Sarah Millican's tits is as big as Jon Richardson's entire head.

Nina Conti - Butter face.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and Romesh Ranganathan will be the guests, while Nina Conti will be in Dictionary Corner... so we'll just have to wait for Joey Essex.

Who is this guy? He's absolutely everywhere the last month or two :confused:.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Have they given up with doing just 8 Out Of 10 Cats, then?
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've no idea what's going on lol :confused::o
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    AFIK they alternate the series.
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite good episode tonight

I like Nina Conti but she didn't quite fit in as well as she might have done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Don't cover him up, he's the only reason people are watching."

About right, because this episode brought precious little else to the table, rescued only by the strength of the game itself. One of the poorest ever IMO.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    I like Nina Conti but she didn't quite fit in as well as she might have done
    I like her, but I don't think she has enough material to do TV.