Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think we should scale back on the fish puns ! I will skate over the previous ones!!

There really are Tracy Trout's on Facebook! :o

Poor sole's.
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirk earns £300 a week at the factory ?! He must put in some serious overtime as a packer !!

Kirk does the deliveries too
  • Tippy ToesTippy Toes Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    The actor wh plays Tim is also John Duttine's son, I fancied him in' to serve them all my days ' and now I feel old,lol

That makes 2 of us.

Don't fancy Tim but I'd love a night out with him. Be lots of laughs.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirk earns £300 a week at the factory ?! He must put in some serious overtime as a packer !!

If that's what he takes home, it's decent enough. If it's only his top line, before tax, then it's pretty shite money.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's Corrie and look who's back! and his best friend has also turned up again! http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dn85c6/coronation-street--episode-8673

Steve is finally back from his extended stay in Spain. Nice of him to spend some more time overseas when his daughter had almost burned to death back home, but there you go. Anyway, Steve returns and he’s ranting and raving about Tony’s betrayal. Not good for his mental health, so Liz thinks, and pretty soon she’s resolving to play dirty to get revenge.

Then we have Brian, who’s cock-a-hoop at the news that Julie and Dev have split up. Now, Brian has obviously been reintroduced to the show in order to facilitate Julie’s upcoming exit. But I’d love for him to stay: Corrie needs a resident buffoon and Brian is up there with the likes of Leonard Swindley (Arthur Lowe) and Fred Elliott (John Savident).

BIB Well said!
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member

If he does full time which is 40 hours a week it comes out to £7.50 an hour.
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

Then we have Brian, who’s cock-a-hoop at the news that Julie and Dev have split up. Now, Brian has obviously been reintroduced to the show in order to facilitate Julie’s upcoming exit. But I’d love for him to stay: Corrie needs a resident buffoon and Brian is up there with the likes of Leonard Swindley (Arthur Lowe) and Fred Elliott (John Savident).

Not a spoiler, but quoting from the spoilerised bit above
    And also to a degree, IMHO of course, Reg Holdsworth and perhaps to a lesser extent, Alec Gilroy?
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's Corrie and look who's back! and his best friend has also turned up again! http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dn85c6/coronation-street--episode-8673

Steve is finally back from his extended stay in Spain. Nice of him to spend some more time overseas when his daughter had almost burned to death back home, but there you go. Anyway, Steve returns and he’s ranting and raving about Tony’s betrayal. Not good for his mental health, so Liz thinks, and pretty soon she’s resolving to play dirty to get revenge.

And
    As soon as I saw Michelle standing there alone, I thought "Oh, right, Steve has decided to stay over in Spain for a while". It's one of their regularly used scenarios, probably because the actor is due a break and there was no room on the Norwegian trawler...... ;)

Never mind the fact that Steve has businesses to run, Andy might have work commitments, changing the ticket (easy? hard?) and that Michelle might not fancy flying home alone!

13th June I wrote the above, so he's been away for an extra 19 days over and above the (much shorter) honeymoon! Bet Andy is brassed off with him and told him to do one! ;)
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think we should scale back on the fish puns ! I will skate over the previous ones!!

Things are getting very tench on here
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of coddlers!
  • culabulaculabula Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, bream me up, Scotty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. Brian and Dev in High Noon is a new low. Idiotic.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    culabula wrote: »

A new low in a consistently long line of them. :(
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sposed to be tense. Came across as ridiculous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the regular scriptwriters are back with a vengeance !
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a SOR but I am sick of Fiz being shoved into every scene involving Roy. Always hovering about.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    Sposed to be tense. Came across as ridiculous!

The two scenes between Dev and Brian were unconvincing rubbish :(

In the second one you could practically see them waiting for Julie to come into sight before they started arguing :D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Liz has only just decided to get her own back on Tony. Why wait? She's known for weeks that he was Mr. Travis.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    How could Steve not know about Tony and the pub or Tony and Tracey? Surely one of his friends or his daughter would have mentioned it?
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Definately. The women on Corrie brawl on the cobbles and at every opportunity, but the weak Corrie men wimp out of any confrontation once again:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ir was utterly pathetic.
    Not a SOR but I am sick of Fiz being shoved into every scene involving Roy. Always hovering about.

Yes. Why was Fiz hanging around Roy and following him everywhere he goes?
    So Liz has only just decided to get her own back on Tony. Why wait? She's known for weeks that he was Mr. Travis.

Because he's been on holiday and now he's due back?
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    If Amy texted Steve everyday, surely she'd have told him about the changes to the pub? I'm guessing Amy doesn't even know Tony cheated on Liz with her own mum.

Stella's backroom has turned into a witches coven! Fiesty Liz calls upon Michelle to aid her revenge plan! Eye of newt, Toe of Dan....
    I see the regular scriptwriters are back with a vengeance !
    At least Eileen had the decency to tell Michael not to hug in public. But as she bid adieu, who was there spying.........peeking out from behind a curtain?

a) Gail Platt
    b) Gail McIntyre
    c) Gail Rodwell

Answers on a postcard. Or phone, 0800-ROVERSS. Calls cost 0p from a BT landline. Calls from any other landline may be higher. Lines close before Friday's show, calls after Friday's show may still be casted but may not count as Gail could find herself another husband. Please don't try to vote if you're watching Classic Corrie.........the quality may shock you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dobbybear wrote: »
    Definately. The women on Corrie brawl on the cobbles and at every opportunity, but the weak Corrie men wimp out of any confrontation once again:D

Even then it's a comedy brawl.

Oh for the days when Ena Sharples and Elsie Tanner had words on the cobbles! Corrie should get a couple of their feisty women like Michelle, Liz or Carla to have a good falling out and a really long feud. But they seem to have this rule that the current feisty women aren't allowed to argue with each other.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    Ir was utterly pathetic.

Yes. Why was Fiz hanging around Roy and following him everywhere he goes?

Because he's been on holiday and now he's due back?

Perhaps I'm being unrealistic (:D) but I think actors shouldn't go on holiday if their character is needed in the show. And if writers know an actor is not going to be there, (surely these things have to be arranged some time in advance??) they should make sure the character's absence isn't going to leave a ridiculous gaping hole.

I appreciate that sometimes there will be situations where an actor needs to take time off immediately, but this shouldn't be the norm.
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy just closes the cafe at 11:30? Because his friend had a crisis?

Hope he was back in time for steve and amy to get a cake
This discussion has been closed.