BB: A Runner-up series?

Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
Forum Member
✭✭
A lot of us have moaned over the years that the best housemates haven't won the show etc, why haven't the producers ever weighed up the idea of a runners-up series?

They could run with the theme that the silver/bronze placed housemates are aiming for the gold... etc etc

Anna / Darren
Helen
Jonny / Alex
Ray
Jason / Dan / Shell
Eugene / Makosi
Glyn
Twins
Rex
Siavash / Marcus
Mario / Corin
Gina
Ashleigh
Joel

- for example, is it a stupid idea? :blush:

Comments

• jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea. :D
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't put up with Ashleigh's fake goody 2 shoes act again. A competition between the first evictees could be interesting but of course that would make it an all-female series.
  • bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could also do what they have done in the US BB and on survivor. A second chance series, where the public vote from a pool of popular non winners that have only appeared in BB once.
  • Armour Hot DogsArmour Hot Dogs Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Isn't that pretty much what they tried with UBB. Winners who were popular and other housemates who were popular. It was bollocks for me because as soon as a series has ended I have little interest in ex housemates.
  • bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I quite enjoyed UBB and thought it was a nice way to finish the C4 era. :)
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When BB did a mix this year, of new HMs and the exes......I thought, why on earth did they do this.......if it had been a programme with all ex HMs, where we knew what they were like......it would have been fine.........but to mix it up and to do the originals out of their series, seemed uneccessarily cruel to me.

So, in a long-winded way, I would like to see ex HMs.......but the fun ones, not scripted like this year to cause anger and fights. It was as if BB were trying to recreate fight night........but they don't seem to get it into their heads that the BB concept was for NO interference.

Anyway, that is getting away from OP's topic so I will shut up now.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluegroper wrote: »
    You could also do what they have done in the US BB and on survivor. A second chance series, where the public vote from a pool of popular non winners that have only appeared in BB once.

I love that!

I think if they do another UBB type of series, I hope they plump for this idea. :)