Options

How different in real life are you to your DS profile?

Comments

• Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peppino wrote: »
    it made sense when I typed it

I know the feeling, but, ........
  • Options
    PeppinoPeppino Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    what happened to flower 1 btw
  • Options
    TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    It's mostly known for its music, singers such as Sonia for example. And football, the Sefton Park Rangers are fab :)
    Brilliant :D:D
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll have to look them up, and sonia too, is she related to sunita?
    Yep, that's the one, they were both in the Jungle, but at different times so nobody confused them :)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She wilted as did the original flower :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see, makes perfect sense now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Yep, that's the one, they were both in the Jungle, but at different times so nobody confused them :)

:D:D:D

it does seem like a musical hotbed right enough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see, makes perfect sense now

I forgot my passwords, no more no less :p xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    did you try pass1word?
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    the same but funnier [based on how much laughing i do with other people] and MUCH more sweary.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the same but funnier [based on how much laughing i do with other people] and MUCH more sweary.

I am too :eek: It's more phatic and less intended to cause offence.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reasonably so... I'm exaggerated here I think though. I wouldn't dream of saying some of the things I have said here while taking the piss though. But then I don't encounter folk like Just Vogue in real life so who knows.

I am also very chilled out and don't get myself into debates that will turn into arguments but I do on here, maybe a venting thing, who knows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably just the same. A boring old fart:)
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im the same in my real life but I have underestimated my looks & I am really not bad looking for a man of my years :D
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you the same, complete opposite, are you quieter, louder, angrier, cheerier?

I would say I actually come across worse on the internet at times because you can't laugh off looking like a fool online whereas in face to face interactions you can just laugh about it and move on.

What do you think?

In real life, I'm much more popular than I am on here, that's for sure. Superficially, at any rate.

I think what you say above is true. Everybody makes mistakes in verbal interaction, which are lost in the ether, but if you make one on line, it's there as a permanent record for all to mull over.

I reckon there's a lot of people on line who are just waiting to pounce on the slightest error or inconsistency, and hang it like a millstone round your neck. Whilst that might seem clever, it actually warps and stifles true discussion.

IMO.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Am actually more serious on DS then everyday face to face - to be honest I don't take much seriously on a day to day basis.

Yeah I think the 'persona' I have on here is very different to my real self in the same way. On here it's a bit of a one track mind and I'm only really interested in a handful of topics. I don't go for the jokes all that often as it detracts from the points I'm making.

Completely different in real life. Cracking jokes left right and centre (their success varies on a very wide spectrum!) and I'm not so serious. I have a much wider range of interests which only sometimes reveals itself on here.
  • Options
    Sponge_BobsSponge_Bobs Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I'm more funny in real life without knowing it.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I'm a lot more phrasmotic and a bit less compunctuous in real life.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty much the same on here as I am in real life, can do serious but prefer to have a laugh and be a little bit silly. I do get worked up on here to the same topics of conversation as I would speaking to someone face to face, and some posters make me SOL (scream out loud) more than LOL but then I realise its time to turn off the computer and walk away. However the DS sex threads have taught me that I have led a very sheltered life!
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    I'm a lot more phrasmotic and a bit less compunctuous in real life.
    What does phrasmotic mean? Did you mean frasmotic?:D

That's a quote from Blackadder, isn't it? Except you missed out anaspeptic.
  • Options
    allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to look them up, and sonia too, is she related to sunita?

Yes they're twins......but have different dads. Honest.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    I think I must be much the same on DS as I am in real life. If I wasn't, I'd be creating an internet persona which wasn't the real me and to do that I'd have to keep it up and make things up. That would be another problem as I probably wouldn't remember what fibs I'd told about myself and I'd be found out.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Yeah I think the 'persona' I have on here is very different to my real self in the same way. On here it's a bit of a one track mind and I'm only really interested in a handful of topics. I don't go for the jokes all that often as it detracts from the points I'm making.

Completely different in real life. Cracking jokes left right and centre (their success varies on a very wide spectrum!) and I'm not so serious. I have a much wider range of interests which only sometimes reveals itself on here.
    Ha we very alike so... Was out last Sunday night to be called a cheeky bastard by a complete stranger :) - I was dead proud of myself .. I'm a bit muted (not much) day to day but god give me drink and i'd be liable to say anything to anyone anywhere ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    In real life, I'm much more popular than I am on here, that's for sure. Superficially, at any rate.

I think what you say above is true. Everybody makes mistakes in verbal interaction, which are lost in the ether, but if you make one on line, it's there as a permanent record for all to mull over.

I reckon there's a lot of people on line who are just waiting to pounce on the slightest error or inconsistency, and hang it like a millstone round your neck. Whilst that might seem clever, it actually warps and stifles true discussion.

IMO.

I see what you're saying about popularity, I think a few of the posters who dislike me on here would probably have a different impression of me in real life, I'm excitable, fair and friendly, but on here because there are limited things you can sort of talk about, that side of your personality can get lost here at times.

I don't see the big deal about punctuation and grammar, sure if someone uses text speak then you can rib them, but if it's a simple mistake then leave them be. On occasion I've seen some posters make very valid points but of course they make a spelling mistake so they're immediately labelled as an idiot.