Options

A true hero - Aitzaz Hasan

skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A 16 year old lad spotted a fanatical Muslim with a suicide belt charging towards his school, and confronted him before it was too late. Unfortunately the religious nut managed to trigger his device while he was being restrained and they both died, but Aitzaz's actions undoubtedly saved the lives of many children.

It's a story that's slipped beneath the radar, but I think the lad deserves a tip of the hat and an acknowledgement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25663992

Comments

• Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an incredibly brave young man and whilst nothing will bring him back to his family he should indeed receive some kind of posthumous award to thank him for giving his life for so many others, whilst it will not heal the grief it would be a fitting gesture.

And it is very remiss that no government official has visited his family or the school, they have had enough time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    A 16 year old lad spotted a fanatical Muslim with a suicide belt charging towards his school, and confronted him before it was too late. Unfortunately the religious nut managed to trigger his device while he was being restrained and they both died, but Aitzaz's actions undoubtedly saved the lives of many children.

It's a story that's slipped beneath the radar, but I think the lad deserves a tip of the hat and an acknowledgement.

Agreed.

A brave young man who must have known he was putting his life in severe danger.

He deserves recognition for what he did, he undoubtedly saved lives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a brave young man. Shame his life was ended in this way.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brave young man.

Should put those Mad Mullahs that preach and order these killings to shame.

Sadly it won't.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such courage. RIP Aitzaz. Sorry you had to lose your life.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An incredible display of bravery and a reminder that there are good souls out there.

I understand Aitzaz has been awarded the Nishan-e-Haider which is the Pakistani equivalent of the Victorian Cross.

Rest peacefully you heroic young man.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found this very upsetting on the News this week. Just 10 years old.
  • Options
    Cat SimonCat Simon Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's a story that's slipped beneath the radar

Thats a great shame, as its one of the bravest acts I've ever heard.

I hope his name is never forgotten.
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike the bombers, his soul will be in a good place. RIP Aitzaz Hasan
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    An extremely brave and caring lad, may he RIP.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utmost respect for this young man, what a hero, I hope he is given the plaudits he deserves in that county.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Such a brave young man - RIP Aitzaz Hasan
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Aitzaz Hasan a brave Muslim lad. Well done on him. A shining example of what a real Muslim should do when confronted with a terrorist, be they domestic or foreign.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    Aitzaz Hasan a brave Muslim lad. Well done on him. A shining example of what a real Muslim should do when confronted with a terrorist, be they domestic or foreign.

I expect thousands of Muslims will be out protesting over this.

Usually happens does it not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    getzls wrote: »
    I expect thousands of Muslims will be out protesting over this.

Usually happens does it not?

Considering there are well over a billion Muslims. The 1000s are a very small minority.

Anyhow lets not get into that in this thread. We should celebrate the Muslim Aitzaz Hasan for his brave effort, and not get side-tracked.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    What an absolute hero. What courage. I hope he didn't suffer. Huge respect to him, and his parents for bringing up such a decent human being.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    dekaf wrote: »
    What an absolute hero. What courage. I hope he didn't suffer. Huge respect to him, and his parents for bringing up such a decent human being.

Seconded on all counts.

There are too few heroes in this world and they should be celebrated
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACU wrote: »

Was it necessary to bring the heroic lad's religion into it, with a blatant attempt at pro-Islamic propaganda to boot. He did the right thing, something 99.99 percent of people would not have done, purely because of his uniquely brave and decent character. It had nothing to do with being a Muslim, which we're assuming he was. If Aitzaz had been an atheist, I don't doubt he would have still attempted to stop the fanatical Muslim who was attempting to murder his school chums.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it necessary to bring the heroic lad's religion into it, with a blatant attempt at pro-Islamic propaganda to boot. He did the right thing, something 99.99 percent of people would not have done, purely because of his uniquely brave and decent character. It had nothing to do with being a Muslim, which we're assuming he was. If Aitzaz had been an atheist, I don't doubt he would have still attempted to stop the fanatical Muslim who was attempting to murder his school chums.

Yes and no. A person's religion often gets blamed for the bad stuff. Why can't it get credit when someone does something valiant like this? Perhaps it was Aitzaz's faith that gave him the courage (and the reason) to do what he did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Yes and no. A person's religion often gets blamed for the bad stuff. Why can't it get credit when someone does something valiant like this? Perhaps it was Aitzaz's faith that gave him the courage (and the reason) to do what he did.

It's possible that is true, but I guess we'll never know. I would prefer to see it as an instinctive and altruistic act of heroism, than anything inspired by superstition, which I think is far less likely. Either way, he has my total respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You brought religion into it... Read your first post. Oh wait, religion is only an issue when a Muslim does something bad. You are a joke.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, why are you getting upset? You started it when you mentioned the religion of the terrorist this man stopped. You can't have it both ways. I suggest you feel happy about your view of him and allow the views of others to be as they are. The hero who stopped the terrorist was probably a Muslim too. You don't seem to want to recognise that act. It's all one way with you isn't it? At least be enough of a human to admit to your own failings before you call out others for them. Whether religion had an impact on his behaviour is a below the belt discussion given his death. OP I'm disappointed in your language but I'm not surprised.

This act embodies the true face of people in the Middle East. It's not about terrorism or hatred. It's about thinking of others, and while he may not have WANTED to die, he was willing to risk that chance to stop this terrorist, to allow other innocent people to survive.

May Allah bless his soul.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    OP, why are you getting upset? You started it when you mentioned the religion of the terrorist this man stopped. You can't have it both ways. I suggest you feel happy about your view of him and allow the views of others to be as they are. The hero who stopped the terrorist was probably a Muslim too. You don't seem to want to recognise that act. It's all one way with you isn't it? At least be enough of a human to admit to your own failings before you call out others for them. Whether religion had an impact on his behaviour is a below the belt discussion given his death. OP I'm disappointed in your language but I'm not surprised.

This act embodies the true face of people in the Middle East. It's not about terrorism or hatred. It's about thinking of others, and while he may not have WANTED to die, he was willing to risk that chance to stop this terrorist, to allow other innocent people to survive.

May Allah bless his soul.

This is a prime example of someone looking for a fight where one doesn't exist and highlights why religion is still a problem in the world today as it was thousands of years ago, as had this poster not been religious themselves, they would not be as compelled lambast others in this thread.

The minute you use a descriptive word such as "Muslim" then some are all over it like a rash, just itching to level accusations of racism, xenophobia or other crap to pick an argument. You only have to look at this thread to see how much of a parody some posters really are, simply because someone used the word "black" to describe someone.