Options

After the show?

Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
Forum Member
✭✭
I've always been intrigued, how do the contestants cope after the show has wrapped up and they are separated?

I mean after spending such a long amount of time in close proximity, surely it must feel like you've lost a limb?

Especially in the evenings when they are so used to sharing a room...

Comments

• Options
    Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    # there's the after party # HOLLA :cool:
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been intrigued, how do the contestants cope after the show has wrapped up and they are separated?

I mean after spending such a long amount of time in close proximity, surely it must feel like you've lost a limb?

Especially in the evenings when they are so used to sharing a room...

Relieved I would have thought. By looking at the state of that bedroom and other living areas it is utter filth. To get back to living a normal life must be a dream.
  • Options
    qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd think it would depend on the housemate and their situations. I'd imagine Harry's aftermath of Big Brother would be radically different to Joel's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think even if you didn't enjoy the experience, being in such confined space with those particular people would pull you together.

To have them, well not be close by, must be so strange...

(I remember a pic after BB13 of the finalists all meeting up in a hotel room or something?)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faye (a contestant a few years ago who had the infamous romance with the winner Aaron) said in an article that many struggled after the show ended in her series and big brother fail to give any help and guidance.

I have always wondered if people's time on the show has led to a breakdown of realationships and may of affected their job or even getting a job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think even if you didn't enjoy the experience, being in such confined space with those particular people would pull you together.

To have them, well not be close by, must be so strange...

(I remember a pic after BB13 of the finalists all meeting up in a hotel room or something?)

I'd be bloody relieved to be rid of them! I remember Marc saying on BOTS that he was unnerved sitting in his hotel as he was so accustomed to BB interjecting, telling him what to do and it was hard to get used to that sense of freedom again.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    I'd be bloody relieved to be rid of them! I remember Marc saying on BOTS that he was unnerved sitting in his hotel as he was so accustomed to BB interjecting, telling him what to do and it was hard to get used to that sense of freedom again.
    It must of been the same for the housemates after he left. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, you'd be waiting for that voice to boom out wouldn't you?

I bet that sense of being watched takes a long time to go too.
    Faye (a contestant a few years ago who had the infamous romance with the winner Aaron) said in an article that many struggled after the show ended in her series and big brother fail to give any help and guidance.

I have always wondered if people's time on the show has led to a breakdown of realationships and may of affected their job or even getting a job.

That's one thing CH4 did right, I think they really did help the contestants a lot throughout the whole process.

As a viewer, I myself get a little withdrawal when the show is finished (especially years like this one when I have a favourite) so I can only imagine how scary it is for those at the end to be let loose.

I find this fascinating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, you'd be waiting for that voice to boom out wouldn't you?

I bet that sense of being watched takes a long time to go too.

That's one thing CH4 did right, I think they really did help the contestants a lot throughout the whole process.

As a viewer, I myself get a little withdrawal when the show is finished (especially years like this one when I have a favourite) so I can only imagine how scary it is for those at the end to be let loose.

I find this fascinating.
    I find it fascinating too. One of the things I'd love to do is go on Big Brother, however it's things like this that I'd be interested in before I took the plunge. I'd also love to know the impact on housemates families, particularly for recent housemates where the viewing figures are down.
  • Options
    heresittingheresitting Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must of been the same for the housemates after he left. ;-)

Brilliant! :p:p:p
  • Options
    this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they go on twitter and have typing wars
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would expect them to get institutionalized, being permanently confirmed to one place 24/7 for weeks on end, and with the same people. Its bound to stay with them when they leave and take some readjusting to being back in the big wild world
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I remember the BB14 cast spending lots of time hanging out with one another after the series wrapped. This lasted for a couple of months then they gradually went back to their normal lives. The housemates that year seemed a lot closer to one another than the ones this year.What I'm shocked is how not many stay friends long term after the show. If you spend that much time with someone who you truly get on with in that kind of experience, I would think you'd be friends for a lifetime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember the BB14 cast spending lots of time hanging out with one another after the series wrapped. This lasted for a couple of months then they gradually went back to their normal lives. The housemates that year seemed a lot closer to one another than the ones this year.What I'm shocked is how not many stay friends long term after the show. If you spend that much time with someone who you truly get on with in that kind of experience, I would think you'd be friends for a lifetime.

I agree. It's strange isn't it?

They spend such close time together and share personal things.

I'd love one day for a documentary to interview housemates over the years and have them discuss openly this type of thing.