Google Nexus 10 32GB

2»

Comments

• Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »
    Is it Brand New and will it come with all accessories? (and what are they ie headphones etc)
    What does it mean when it says "Please note that UK power plug is not included and that the retail box may be unsealed"?

Radical idea but why not message the seller and ask them?
  • Options
    cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    I did but I know I will get a quicker response here. It does say however its a brand new product and comes with all accessories. "There is no Uk power adapter, jst an EU one but the box has been opened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All we can do is give you a best guess or, in some cases, point out the obvious that you've missed. The seller, on the other hand, can give you actual solid info...

...and if they can't, then walk away.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For £289.99 you can get the 32GB Nexus 10 with a UK adapter from Co-Op electrical. They offer free next day delivery via DPD so you get a one hour delivery window too.

It's significantly cheaper than the unsealed, wrong adapter one on eBay for £369.99.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I sent loads of messages back and forwards to them

1. Hi,

Yes, it is a brand new item but those in unsealed boxes have been turned on to make sure that they are working fine.

This item comes with EU power plug and we won't be able to seal the box for you.

Kind Regards

- dealtime_it

2. Hi,

- This is a brand new item but it comes with EU power plug

- As it is a brand new product, it won't have any signs of use (so there won't be any scuffs / marks / scratches etc)

- It comes in original box (that may be unsealed)

- Accessories: EU charger, manual

Kind Regards

- dealtime_it

3. Hi,

If you will order it by 2pm today we will get it dispatched tonight and it will be with you tomorrow (our courier will be closed from Friday till Tuesday due to bank holidays).

Kind Regards

- dealtime_it

4. Hi,

It comes with 3 months of warranty.

KInd Regards

- dealtime_it

Plus its £249.99
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right, so he's answered your questions - what is it that's not clear?

Personally, though, I'd just get the one from Co-op, or check out other shops that give longer warranties/won't give you hassle if anything goes wrong 4 months down the line.

Just because it's cheap on eBay doesn't mean it's a good deal in the long run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right going for the Amazon one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just got my Google Nexus today and I must say its WAY WAY better than my Samsung.

I have one question though, how can I create a entry in my Hotmail calendar and have it automatically sync to my Google Calendar on my tablet?
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why use hotmail?
  • Options
    ssrssr Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Just got my Google Nexus today and I must say its WAY WAY better than my Samsung.

I have one question though, how can I create a entry in my Hotmail calendar and have it automatically sync to my Google Calendar on my tablet?
    In Windows Live calendar select "Share" from the top menu, select your calendar then mark "Share this calendar" and tick "Make your calendar public" (temporarily) and Save. Click the option marked "ICS:Import into another calendar application" and copy the URL that begins "webcal://cid...".

2. Go to Import Calendars in Google Calendar (Settings>Calendars Settings>Import Calendars), choose your desired destination calendar for the import, and click chose file, then paste the copied URL from (1) into the "File Name" field but make sure you replace "webcal://" with "http://" and click open. The ics file will load and just hit "Import"

3. Return to your Windows Live Calendar share settings from (1) and unshare the calendar. Job complete.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am having problems charging the tablet. it takes HOURS to charge any suggestions in speeding it up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am having problems charging the tablet. it takes HOURS to charge any suggestions in speeding it up?

Funny, that, as your Samsung also had problems charging...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes but it didn't take hours on Samsung
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How long does it take? My Nexus 10 takes about 6 hours for a full charge.

You can use a "pogo" charger to increase the speed slightly but that's not something i've tried.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/09/quick-look-magnector-pogo-charging-cable-for-the-nexus-10/
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What charger are you using? The Nexus needs a higher power one than most mobile phones. You need a 5V one.