Remember when Billy was stealing the post around this time of year

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Remember when Billy was stealing the post around this time of year a few years back WTF was that storyline all about? whoever the producer was back then must of been scrapping at the barrel for storylines. It was ridiculous viewing and then in the end Billy just stopped doing it with no explanation

Comments

• soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly one of life's little mysteries.

I for one want to know all about billy's post :D
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    The storyline was dropped, we'll probably never know why.

DTC loves his continuity, it would be brilliant if he tied this up in a random surprise scene in the middle of an episode lol.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you still won't get any explanation.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Them were the days. None of this who killed Lucy bollocks, just gritty, kitchen sink, character driven drama.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Did Billy steal post on just one occasion?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know where he got his pretty package from. :cool:
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    Did Billy steal post on just one occasion?

No he was stealing the post for quite a while and nobody noticed and then suddenly he just stopped doing it with no explanation and this is what I dont get. It always reminds though as he was stealing around this time of year
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Them were the days. None of this who killed Lucy bollocks, just gritty, kitchen sink, character driven drama.

:D:D:D You jest. No BAFTAs won for this s/l. They should've submitted it. Missing post agenda
    Forum Member
    i till think this was going to be about identity theft.

It was a very big thing at the time (still is, but it was on the news and TV a lot that year).

Billy was really short of cash, I think he was stealing the mail to use people's details to get credit cards etc.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    i till think this was going to be about identity theft.

It was a very big thing at the time (still is, but it was on the news and TV a lot that year).

Billy was really short of cash, I think he was stealing the mail to use people's details to get credit cards etc.

He was stealing ready cash from Christmas cards. :D

We saw he was stealing things that looked like gift cards, not general post.

Billy's not that smart. :D
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

Oh :D

All I remember was the cliffhanger when he opened his wardrobe (I think) and there was a bag of mail in there. I don't remember anything else about it haha.

Well, it's a storyline that would be something new for one of the soaps to try!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

Yeah I remember one scene of him opening a card with money it in and thats the last I remember of the storyline
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very vaguely
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perry gets treated so badly by TPTB.

As a long serving member of the cast and a very good actor when given the opportunity he deserves so much better than to be just the loser runt of the Mitchell litter.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

DTC loves his continuity, it would be brilliant if he tied this up in a random surprise scene in the middle of an episode lol.

Yeah like them not having any money for rent and then Billy suddenly takes Lola to a massive secret derelict warehouse where he's been stashing all the envelopes and parcels over the years.

Billy builds a house out of the post for him Lola and Lexi and they burn parcels for heat and eats the contents or some parcels for food.

Propaganda stuff as loo paper. He's on to a winner!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a stupid storyline at least now Billy has Lola, Lexi and Janet to keep him occupied
  • sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    exactly one of life's little mysteries.

I for one want to know all about billy's post :D

I thought he stopped because one time he stole a card and it was addressed to a kid on Christmas?
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D it wasn't the best of filler stories, but it was tied in with what was a wonderul time for the show, with magical storytelling, so it's cancelled out!:p
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He does love his continuity, but characters need to stop disappearing for weeks on end!:(
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    One of the worst stories was Sharon's painkiller addiction. It just ended without much of a story or proper fleshing out.
  • NefersitraNefersitra Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Masood accused by the post office of being the mail thief then exonerated? The family was short of cash for some reason -possibly Syed's wedding to Amira or Kamil's birth - at the time.

I'm sure I remember a scene with Mas and Zainab where she basically said, "if it wasn't you who was it?" and they cut to Billy for the duff-duff. It was completely out of nowhere.

Then a few episodes later, he opened a parcel with a tupperwear full of drugs and it was never mentioned again.

I always wondered if they were actually planning on having Mas steal the post, changed their minds and did the "reveal" of Billy as the thief and dropped the story to get rid of it.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Nefersitra wrote: »
    Wasn't Masood accused by the post office of being the mail thief then exonerated? The family was short of cash for some reason -possibly Syed's wedding to Amira or Kamil's birth - at the time.

I'm sure I remember a scene with Mas and Zainab where she basically said, "if it wasn't you who was it?" and they cut to Billy for the duff-duff. It was completely out of nowhere.

Then a few episodes later, he opened a parcel with a tupperwear full of drugs and it was never mentioned again.

I always wondered if they were actually planning on having Mas steal the post, changed their minds and did the "reveal" of Billy as the thief and dropped the story to get rid of it.

I wouldn't be surprised.
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    If DTC wanted too he could link it to Lucy and reveal that he was using Lucy's name to get credit to help his family. Bit late now id guess.