Options

Fizzy Milk?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
Forum Member
Does any one know whether...if you put milk in a Soda Stream it will go fizzy?

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonation, (fizzyness), can only happen in water below certain temperatures or under increased pressure. Milk would react differently and carbonation may not be possible under normal circumstances.

The answer is, I don't know. :-)
  • Options
    larry_flyntlarry_flynt Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Whats with everybodys obsession with milk?:D If it isnt breast feeding in public its men drinking it out of their womens tits.And now fizzy milk?Am I the only one who still drinks cow milk?:D Or has it gone out of fashion?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres a recipe for fizzy chocolate milk at the link below...it suggests using a fizzy drink to carbonate it but you should be able to do the same with a soda stream:D :D
    Nice Idea:D
    http://www.geocities.com/sylvaqueen/fizzy.html
  • Options
    beanzmeanzbeanzmeanz Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take mine straight :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link...but I wouldnt want to drink I just wondered, which then went onto thinking would it be fizzier if it was skimmed milk.? (for absolutely no reason other than I was daydreaming about nonsense out of sheer boredom)
  • Options
    dominodomino Posts: 1,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Little Sister
    Thanks for the link...but I wouldnt want to drink I just wondered, which then went onto thinking would it be fizzier if it was skimmed milk.? (for absolutely no reason other than I was daydreaming about nonsense out of sheer boredom)
    the first time i tried, the milk 'over fizzed' and went everywhere. i didn't try it again :(
    d
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Fizzy milk is one of the reason why I missed my local only a stone throw away corner shop. They sold all sorts of types of milk despite being only a tiny corner shop. :(

I remember my mum buying us some strawberry flavoured fizzy milk from that corner shop when I was about 6 years old.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eewww.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why would anyone bother?.. .
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Eewww.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Flipping heck this thread is ancient.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member

:o Oops! I just noticed that. Wow.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    "Milk! Urghh!"
    "It's what Ian Rush drinks."
    "Ian Rush?"
    "Yeah. And he said if I didn't drink lots of milk, when I grow up, I'll only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley."
    "Accrington Stanley, who are they?"
    "Exactly."
    "Gimme some"
    "NooO - FCUK OFF!!!
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    cga_2004 wrote: »
    Fizzy milk is one of the reason why I missed my local only a stone throw away corner shop. They sold all sorts of types of milk despite being only a tiny corner shop. :(

I remember my mum buying us some strawberry flavoured fizzy milk from that corner shop when I was about 6 years old.

I remember fizzy strawberry milk. Also in the 70s I worked in a lead foundry and drinking lots of milk was regarded as a way of reducing the lead dust in the system (probably nonsense) anyway most people could not drink whole pints of milk so we mixed it with fizzy drinks. I cut mine with Coke.

It sounds disgusting now.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once banned for three days for bumping up a three month old thread (about T-Towels if you're interested), I wonder what the sentence will be for bumping up a thread that is over twelve years old :eek:

Back on topic - fizzy milk sounds disgusting!

Bitty
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I was once banned for three days for bumping up a three month old thread (about T-Towels if you're interested), I wonder what the sentence will be for bumping up a thread that is over twelve years old :eek:

Back on topic - fizzy milk sounds disgusting!

Bitty

Never realised bumping old threads was against T and Cs.
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cultureman wrote: »
    Never realised bumping old threads was against Ts and Cs.

Neither did I :(
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Another newbie 'bump'..... quelle surprise. :cool:
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care that this thread is old... I just want to know why anyone would possibly want such a thing? It sounds gross, surely you'd be sick.

That said, you'd probably only worry if it started fizzing for an inexplicable reason. 😕
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope the OP has spent the last 12 years thinking about their actions....
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cga_2004 wrote: »

This poster must have done a search for Fizzy Milk. Why would anyone do that?
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    This poster must have done a search for Fizzy Milk. Why would anyone do that?
    That's what I was thinking. What a strange subject.

I've never drunk fizzy milk, but I did inadvertently eat a spoonful of fizzy coleslaw once, it was most unpleasant - and proved me wrong in asserting all foods are okay to eat even past their 'best before' date :D
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    "Milk! Urghh!"
    "It's what Ian Rush drinks."
    "Ian Rush?"
    "Yeah. And he said if I didn't drink lots of milk, when I grow up, I'll only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley."
    "Accrington Stanley, who are they?"
    "Exactly."
    "Gimme some"
    "NooO - FCUK OFF!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pieK7b4KLL4 - For those that are too young to remember the original advert.

Typing it really doesn't work, without the Scouse accent.
  • Options
    funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Fizzy... milk? Blurgh, the thought turns my stomach!
  • Options
    KennedyCKennedyC Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was young I lived on a farm and our milk was not only the creamiest jersey milk but was also still warm. Lovely on your cornflakes in the morning.