Frankie Bridge announces pregnancy and pulls out of tour!

Comments

• londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean with the singing? :D

Smashing news for the family Bridge.

Yes, I do.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel Stevens just did the Christmas special. She would be a good match with Kevin. They have not got much time to put the dances together though.

I think Rachel is right in the middle of doing The Voice in Ireland. My money's still on Pixie - maybe they'll sweeten the deal by promoting her album at all the venues.
  • Ryan_BrownRyan_Brown Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My money would be on Zoe Ball getting back in the ballroom or it could be Tom Chambers where his dance won't be scored like with Ann and Craig!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen this!

7 – 8 Feb
    The O2 London
    *Zoe Ball will not perform at The 02 on Sunday 8 February 2015

Zoe Ball is the presenter of the live show and could this possibly mean that she would be the replacement celebrity?

It was on the strictly live tour webiste!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan_Brown wrote: »
    Have you seen this!

7 – 8 Feb
    The O2 London
    *Zoe Ball will not perform at The 02 on Sunday 8 February 2015

Zoe Ball is the presenter of the live show and could this possibly mean that she would be the replacement celebrity?

It was on the strictly live tour webiste!

I doubt it - that has been on the website for a far while - I would imagine Zoe has a prior engagement that was pre-booked before she was asked to present the tour meaning she is unavailabe for the O2 dates - wonder who will present those 2 shows............. Lisa Riley maybe ;-):p
  • dale gdale g Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Elsa wrote: »
    I think Rachel is right in the middle of doing The Voice in Ireland. My money's still on Pixie - maybe they'll sweeten the deal by promoting her album at all the venues.

Hopefully it will be Pixie, but it really does depend on whether they can work this around her music career. I bet Pixie was Craig's first thought after Frankie pulled out.
    Craig praised her highly during the series, I think it would be great if she could perform again with Trent.

Best wishes to Frankie and her family, I would've loved to have seen Frankie doing the Defying Gravity Tango, this would have been one of her dances, according to Zoe Ball last night. But health and family must come first.

Other than Pixie, who else is there? Sophie Ellis-Bexter? She would be nice to see and she didn't do the tour last year.

Surely not Lisa Reilly, I wonder if she has her mobile on load volume today, waiting for the all important call from Craig . To say "Darling we need you immediately to dance on the tour with Kevin from Grimsby" :):)
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    first half of the voice is recorded and it only started this week so Rachel may be able to do it - still think they will look for someone to dance with Kev as it is him who has lost a partner
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    first half of the voice is recorded and it only started this week so Rachel may be able to do it - still think they will look for someone to dance with Kev as it is him who has lost a partner

Yeah, the fairest option is that the replacement celebrity is for Kevin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they do choose a replacement from this series, then I got the choices they have.

Gregg Wallace – could be busy with his show of masterchef where I don’t know when it is filmed
    Jennifer Gibney – Well, Mrs Browns Boys only have 2 epsidoes a year
    Tim Wonnacott - Might be busy with his two main television shows?
    Judy Murray – She is doing nothing at the moment, but is she worthy of replacing Frankie?
    Steve Backshall - He is going to Africa for comic relief so it is a NO
    Sunetra Sarker - castulty where I don’t know if she would get any time off
    Pixie Lott – working on new album
    Jake Wood – no because of eastenders and the lucy beale plot
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it to be Pixie (and Trent) even if she can't do all the venues, it would be simplest too as whoever comes in otherwise would be rushed to rehearse a dance. Maybe one of the pros could step in to do Frankies routines with Kevin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or it could be a celebrity from a previous series of strictly where it might be Susanna reid where she danced with Kevin before
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sunetra maybe.............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the 2013 season, I don't think these women were on the last tour: Sophie Ellis Bextor 5ft9 - Rachel Riley 5ft7. Is Rachel Riley too tall for Kevin? In any case, I think they're the next two best choices, after Pixie, assuming Judy (now in Perth Australia) and Sunetra can't do it. I don't think they'd want 5 male celebs and only 2 female.

If Sophie, I think she'd just have to dance with 6ft Trent. Kevin may be out of luck but can be along like Trent was/is to be - as an extra. Surely Pixie would dance with Trent, if she's on the tour, so he'd be without a partner in that case anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh thanks bendy - I didn't know that.
  • JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Been officially announced that Rachel Stevens is the replacement, dancing with Kevin :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JDarcy wrote: »
    Been officially announced that Rachel Stevens is the replacement, dancing with Kevin :)

Just went on Twitter, in time to see the announcement. :)
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Rachel be doing Frankie's routines?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what am wondering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin could learn Rachel's old routines quicker than Rachel could learn all that new stuff by the 16th - though maybe she's a very quick learner. She and Kevin could do the Peter Pan Tinkerbell routine from the Christmas special. Kevin sort of reminds me of Peter Pan :D
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member

In the past the pro does the routines the celebrity knows the choreo for.... Eg Artem and Craig did the choreo Anton devised for Nancy and Ann Widdecombe, Katya did Ola' choreo for Robbie and Ola did Flavia's with Louis......

Seems to be the case that the pros can learn new routines much quicker than the celebs can, so the celeb can stick with what they know.

All of Rachel's routines with Vincent were fabulous, so they have plenty to choose from - although I'd prefer it if they didn't drag out her rumba again....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'd already have the costumes for the Tinkerbell dance - they'd only need to hem his trousers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

maybe........

depends how well she remembers her routines with Vincent..........

might she do her Christmas Special dance?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do they do two dances in the show?? if so, if it was me would do her tinkerbell routine and one of Frankies routines paso would be easiest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh forgot to add I guessed right re Rachel
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh forgot to add I guessed right re Rachel

Yay, I was first