Madonna's brother to reveal all in book

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What an absolute scumbag. Madonna gave this man a career - as a dancer in the early days (see holiday and into the groove appearances) then as set designer and producer of her tours. She also raised his profile when he went into interior design. They had a falling out a few years ago and now he does this for about £200, 000 i believe.

If i was Madonna i would cut all ties permanently after this. There's no excuse. It's unforgiveable having your own brother sell secrets.

Comments

• CaptainPlanetoCaptainPlaneto Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lot of money and maybe he doesn't like his sister too much.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good on him, one person she cant pay off. seems like her halo is slipping.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About the only shocking thing he could put in there would be she was a nice person.:confused:

I'm confused , it's not as if anyone regards her as a Saint is it - double standards for woman accepted she has made a career out of being hard nosed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not a Saint but it's nasty to be sold out by your own flesh and blood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a shame. I will buy it though. I confess, I cannot resist a good Biography.
  • madwuminmadwumin Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how some people who claim to be true fans of Madonna are now wanting to slag her off/make silly remarks - seems to me some people lied...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lot of money and maybe he doesn't like his sister too much.

His sister treated him very well. She was the superstar. She didn't have to hire him as a dancer and travel around the world. She didn't have to hire him as tour producer. This is sour grapes from a man that has no real talent now that he hasn't got his sister to help him out and isn't living the life he used to when he hung on her tail-coats. £200,000 or lose your sister for life? I wouldn't be that pathetic. Obviously alot on here would. Says alot about you.
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    pharoah wrote: »
    His sister treated him very well. She was the superstar. She didn't have to hire him as a dancer and travel around the world. She didn't have to hire him as tour producer. This is sour grapes from a man that has no real talent now that he hasn't got his sister to help him out and isn't living the life he used to when he hung on her tail-coats. £200,000 or lose your sister for life? I wouldn't be that pathetic. Obviously alot on here would. Says alot about you.

I'm not that keen on Madge as a person but I'll assume she doesn't deserve this. I wouldn't speak to my brother again if he did anything like this to me..... he'd be cut right off for good, and £200,000 doesn't seem like so much money in this world, especially not when imbeciles like Jade Goody can make £1,000,000 in a blink of an eye :rolleyes:
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,619
    Forum Member
    Most people would assume that they can trust the people to whom they are related, this is a blatant betrayal by someone who needs to make a bit of money and has a famous sister. He's obviously decided that he doesn't care about her or her family and would rather make a quick book than protect the person who, even if he doesn't like her, owes her something.

It's similar to the book written by Bette Davies' daughter about how bad a mother she was. It's interesting to note that her book wouldn't have made the light of day if she hadn't been the daughter of someone famous. Seems that they are keen to criticise but also cash in on the fame of their relative.

I won't be buying the book, he doesn't deserve my money.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pharoah wrote: »

Did she? Do we really know what went on between them? I don't doubt that she treated him well materially but what else happened? Don't get me wrong - I'm not condoning his behaviour but you don't get to be the world's most famous woman without stepping on a few people's toes along the way.

I admire Madonna greatly - but I freely admit I will buy the book - I can't resist a bit of scandal:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she? Do we really know what went on between them? I don't doubt that she treated him well materially but what else happened? Don't get me wrong - I'm not condoning his behaviour but you don't get to be the world's most famous woman without stepping on a few people's toes along the way.

I admire Madonna greatly - but I freely admit I will buy the book - I can't resist a bit of scandal:D

Anyone know when it's out here?

I think the falling out was over kabbalah. She introduced him to it and he followed it for a few years and lost interest. Possibly there's more to it than that but maybe we'll find out in the book.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madwumin wrote: »
    I like how some people who claim to be true fans of Madonna are now wanting to slag her off/make silly remarks - seems to me some people lied...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    How pedantic, but why shouldn't the image be removed and some real truth set to light after all the woman is ripping people off by charging a fortune to watch a middle aged woman in a leotard. I have read many a madonna article, got a fair few tours on video and dvd, seen her live on stage, read books about her, about time to read the flip side and let the PR face slip and see underneath all that make up what she is just a ruthless calculating woman, who will stop at nothing to get what she wants. Only money doesn't buy friends and it doesn't buy love either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She isn't the worlds most famous woman, the queen is.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IndigoGirl wrote: »

Oh. I stand corrected.:cry:
  • Boy George FanBoy George Fan Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    I think it's a lowdown thing of Madonna's brother to do. He must be desperate for the money.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    IndigoGirl wrote: »

And there was me thinking it was Victoria Beckham or Kylie!:D

I doubt most people in Africa and Asia have any idea who any of them are frankly!
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I think it's a lowdown thing of Madonna's brother to do. He must be desperate for the money.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He has a drug problem apparently. Maybe it's to pay for that. What's the point of this book, there's nothing left to say about Madonna that would shock anyone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kerching.
  • skinrayskinray Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    It's similar to the book written by Bette Davis's daughter about how bad a mother she was. It's interesting to note that her book wouldn't have made the light of day if she hadn't been the daughter of someone famous. Seems that they are keen to criticise but also cash in on the fame of their relative.

That is a good comparison with Bette Davis's daughter's book ironically titled, "My Mothers Keeper". As Bette rightly said, "I have been keeping her all of her life, and will continue to do so with the publication of this book".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So her brother is going to reveal that Madonna had lesbian affairs and an abortion. Boring we knew that already. As for being hard nosed, that is how Madonna was able to turn her limited talent into such a global phenomenon and sustain her position at the top for decades. I gather that the book also talks about Madonna being raped in her early twenties. If so, unless Madonna has publicly talked of it before, that is unforgivable. Any rape victim deserves privacy regardless of his or her fame. Madonna's brother is a talentless leech, who, envious of his sister's success, sells her for 20 pieces of silver, sorry I forgot about inflation, £200,000. If he ever stricken with a serious illness and incurs costly medical bills or suffers some other financial catastrophe, he might well regret not being able to turn to his sister to help bail him out.
  • CaptainPlanetoCaptainPlaneto Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    If he ever stricken with a serious illness and incurs costly medical bills or suffers some other financial catastrophe, he might well regret not being able to turn to his sister to help bail him out.

To be fair, £200,000 should cover that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, £200,000 should cover that.
    I have heard horrendous stories of what happens to people afflicted with a major illness who run out of medical insurance. If he does have a drug problem I can't see him squirreling away the money for a rainy day. And £200k to last you over say 2 decades is not going to go very far. It just seems shortsighted unless he was convinced he would never see another dime from his sister.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the rest of the family will think about it. Will they cut him off too?

I've heard there's a bit in the book which talks about how Madonna's younger sister was going to be come a singer but Madonna sabotaged her career. Sounds interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    And there was me thinking it was Victoria Beckham or Kylie!:D

I doubt most people in Africa and Asia have any idea who any of them are frankly!

I think a lot of people in africa and asia know who the royals are before madonna and kylie heh,
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly like Madonna but her brother shouldn't be writing a book on her.