Options

A Place in Greece - Year 2

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I cant believe people showed for one of his events! unreal.
  • Options
    ic1maleic1male Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that was that, as they say. I wonder if we will see them again next year when Brian has gotten enough money from the rental of the downstairs flat to put his panoramic window in. He won't give up, I don't think.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im gutted I missed this. I loved the first series. Cant believe I didnt even see this thread til tonight :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you've got to learn to use that search button :)
    there have been 2 threads since before it started.
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    ic1male wrote:
    re: Ann - you certainly wouldn't want to get a joint bank account with her. Look at the way she went and bought all those Tunisian rugs!
    Dont be fooled ..........Ann is "the Money" in that little partnership....she is at least 20 years older than her man and she has been through 4 husbands so far.

You have to laugh at people paying £60k for their dream chateau and then worrying about whether the £20k 3 piece suite is gonna turn up from Essex :))
  • Options
    bettycatbettycat Posts: 6,390
    Forum Member
    Oh I'm going to miss Brian and Andrew! I haven't posted on here much as I was sky+ing them all to watch in one go!

Just one question, I missed one episode, how did they get rid of the German lodger?
  • Options
    ic1maleic1male Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must have gone of her own accord. She was there and then in the next episode (at Christmas) she had gone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ic1male wrote:
    She must have gone of her own accord. She was there and then in the next episode (at Christmas) she had gone!
    I had it all built up that Brian would confront her too! Too unbelievable!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    ic1male wrote:
    And that was that, as they say. I wonder if we will see them again next year when Brian has gotten enough money from the rental of the downstairs flat to put his panoramic window in. He won't give up, I don't think.

3rd series?

I don't think he'll give up either.
    It will be interesting to see how Brian reacts to having paying guests downstairs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteveW2 wrote:
    you've got to learn to use that search button :)
    there have been 2 threads since before it started.

Lesson learned :cry: My only defense is Im new to this site honest.

I DO hope C4 repeat this series
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lesson learned :cry: My only defense is Im new to this site honest.

I DO hope C4 repeat this series

no problem, I had to be careful when I pointed out there were 2, as I created the other one and I think this one was first :)

My excuse was(is) that it's not advertised as a Reality show as such - same with Come Dine with me.. I don't count that as a reality one either - that had 2 threads ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,751
    Forum Member
    missed the end of this series due to holidays can anyone fill me in.. last one i saw was when they went on holiday.. anyone know how much they ended up spending ?

Brian and Andrew area bunch of users.. they want to spend Pete and Leslie's money doing up the top floor so they have somewhere to live.. the bottom floor has the garage and no view as it has the stairs going to the top floor.. after that they want to put working for some stupid window in their downstairs as well.. then after all that when the downstairs is finished they want to keep the rent from it as well so they can live there

they are totally unrealistic when he wanted to work in a nightclub he thought he already had a job lined up when there wasn't one anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They went to Brians 'all inclusive' posh hotel resort. It wasn't all inclusive, Brian had ticked the wrong box and needed a few cigs after paying. The builders had already moved in and done most of the work which shocked B and A when they got back.

They emailed Pete and Les some photos, they were really pi$$ed off that they weren't consulted at all. So they flew out.

The apartment was all finished and furnished which peed off Les even more as she wanted to go shopping, for furniture. Pete and Les were then left to relax for their holiday and were over-run with the dogs.

The builder sent the bill and included a quote for THE window, unfortunately Andrew opened it and saw it. So Brian and Andrew fell out and refused to talk to each other, Andrew insisted, to the camera, that for once he wanted an apology first.

Pete and Les organised a cosy night in and got them all together and happy again...until next time.

The End.
  • Options
    acerspadesacerspades Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Is this coming back for a third series - I really hope so - it's car crash telly at it's best!

..the apartment is fully booked this summer too- would you stay there? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hello all,
    I received the following information in a message from someone, who like me, knew Peter and Les a long time ago:

"Pete and Les and the tv show: Les told me that they had been invited by the tv company to do the show with the two fellas. One of whom knew the tv producer.Pete and Les had met the two fellas through the canal narrow boat world as P and L had bought a boat some years ago. Anyway poofter number one ( if you don't mind the non pc phrase) seems to have had a great big say in what went one seeing as he was a "friend" of the tv producer. But P & L got to travel to Crete at the expense of the tv company for a week each month of the filming . Not a bad deal. And if I understood correctly, about half the cost of their part of the house was also paid by the tv people.
    I only watched a couple of programmes of the first series.WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS I just couldn't imagine either P or L, when faced with some of the situations shown, saying " oh well !! time for another gin and tonic" More than likely it would have been a series of bleeps, asterixs, commas and even more bleeps"

And I I agree with these sentiments.............
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all,
    I received the following information in a message from someone, who like me, knew Peter and Les a long time ago:

"Pete and Les and the tv show: Les told me that they had been invited by the tv company to do the show with the two fellas. One of whom knew the tv producer.Pete and Les had met the two fellas through the canal narrow boat world as P and L had bought a boat some years ago. Anyway poofter number one ( if you don't mind the non pc phrase) seems to have had a great big say in what went one seeing as he was a "friend" of the tv producer. But P & L got to travel to Crete at the expense of the tv company for a week each month of the filming . Not a bad deal. And if I understood correctly, about half the cost of their part of the house was also paid by the tv people.
    I only watched a couple of programmes of the first series.WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS I just couldn't imagine either P or L, when faced with some of the situations shown, saying " oh well !! time for another gin and tonic" More than likely it would have been a series of bleeps, asterixs, commas and even more bleeps"

And I I agree with these sentiments.............
    Hi, knew it was too good to be true, friends of the producers eh :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone got a link for when Brian was in the canoe?
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is an old thread but since the series is showing again on Discovery Real Time, and a lot of people are still searching for information, I thought I should mention this web site:-
    http://www.PlaceOnCrete.com
    Brian and Andrew appear to be contributing new information here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is an old thread but since the series is showing again on Discovery Real Time, and a lot of people are still searching for information, I thought I should mention this web site:-
    http://www.PlaceOnCrete.com
    Brian and Andrew appear to be contributing new information here.

Thank you SO much. I loved A Place In Greece and had no idea it was being reshown :

I'll be watching. :)

EDIT: :confused: Just searched DigiGuide and they dont seem to have/been showing Brian and Andrew, but I enjoyed reading the website.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use to watch Brian and Andrew with great expectation
    I loved watching Brian make a right fool of himself and see the friends kow- tow to his selfish ways and wonder why on earth they never copped on to his manipualtion .
    He got his own ways everytime and it made me laugh to see the other whimps give it to him on a plate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it is (or has just been) on Discovery Real Time.
    Anyway, that site has been updated with more stuff now.

Old video interview with Andrew Sutton at exhibition:
    http://www.placeoncrete.com/property_exhibitions.html

About the animals:
    http://www.placeoncrete.com/brian_andrew_animals1.html

What happened to Pete and Les:
    http://www.placeoncrete.com/Pete_les_cardy.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another update. "A Place in the Sun Live" takes place at Earls Court, London on 26th - 28th March 2010.
    "Brian Saunders and Andrew Sutton of " A Place in Greece" will be on the main stand all three days to answer your questions"
    http://www.placeoncrete.com/property_exhibitions.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Series 2 is being broadcast this week on Discovery Real Time (Sky 240)

9 episodes

Mon to Thursday 1000-1100 (2 episodes each day)
    Friday 1000-1030 (Final epsiode)
  • Options
    MoxieMoxie Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    All 9 episodes of Season 2 are being shown on Discovery Real Time Channel (Sky 240) tomorrow, Saturday 7th August.

From 1200 until 1630.