Nikki's 'period' line was cruel and calculated

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharni wrote: »
    Evidence please.

Men being pregnant to start. And NOT that bullshit story about a female=to-male TS getting pregnant.

Not going to look it up. Please do so yourself. As I remember the technique would involve using the Bladder as a womb. Come off it you must know many pregnancies even for woman are started off in a Test Tube.
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I can see why it was amusing (that was more to do with Brian's reaction for me) but there's no way that line wasn't rehearsed. I bet Nikki's been itching to use it followed by her bewildered little girl lost look to accompany it!

She's not thick though, you can tell that from the wide and varied vocabulary she uses.

Totally agree especially with the rehearsed part.
    Nikki knows what she is doing and has very spitful nature which was very evident in BB7. She was trying to be funny bet she thinks that comment will make her best bits pffffft :mad:
  • Options
    Dave StentDave Stent Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to look it up. Please do so yourself. As I remember the technique would involve using the Bladder as a womb. Come off it you must know many pregnancies even for woman are started off in a Test Tube.

Maybe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/malepreg.asp

Interesting but it hasn't been done with humans yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    houseful1 wrote: »
    oh god nikki maybe anything but she isn't thick.

Silly yes but obviously above average in intelligence. All knowing?? No I don't think so. Infallible?? No I think she can be wrong about things and she simple can forget about an important thing. So she could be unaware that a transsexual will not have periods and equally forget that someone is a transsexual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave Stent wrote: »
    Maybe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/malepreg.asp

Interesting but it hasn't been done with humans yet.

Don't make it impossible just probably unlawful in most countries.;)

The relevant point is that Nadia was born female and in the wrong body. It is the set of organs that is wrong not the personality. Nadia was a Woman before her surgery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    i agree
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki's written and spoken extensively about how her anorexia effected her menstrual cycle, why it did and how it could effect her chances of having children.

She knows exactly how the female body works and knew exactly what she was saying, she's just a nastly little bitch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think it was that calculated but Nikki is not as stupid as she acts. She did say it knowingly knowing that Nadia is a bloke and while it could be considered funny but I personally thought it was in bad taste.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    some people swallow anything coz they are told so!!! i cant believe so many people fall for nikki's "act" its a character she has developed! do you truely believe she is really like that?? regarding the OP's post, i would quite agree that it was a cruel jibe as nikki knows exactly what shes saying and she would love for that comment to be in her best bits, if she really was that thick id agree it was funny, but realistically nobody over the age of 10 is that ignorant. nikki like many others made a career of bein "thick" its their "act" how so many people think its geniune is beyond me.
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I thought Sam was male.

Yes exactly, that's my point, Nikki's comment is being passed as harmless and naive. She knew all too well Sam didn't need sanitary products in BB7, so why feign ignorance now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Don't make it impossible just probably unlawful in most countries.;)

The relevant point is that Nadia was born female and in the wrong body. It is the set of organs that is wrong not the personality. Nadia was a Woman before her surgery.

.i can't see Nadia as either a woman or a man. she seems somehow partly both. sorry if this seems cruel, but like Nadia i tend to call it as i see it.
    Why are you so sure Nadia was born a woman?
    it is possible she had both sex organs perhaps?
    Nadia's personality often reminded me of a bad dose of PMT and i mean that seriously. i know how crazy and horrible i can be just before.......:o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    floppydogfloppydog Posts: 1,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki would never have the intelligence to come up with a (nasty) quip that quickly - it was a completely innocent comment showing she has no awareness of Nadia's history. Brian's bemused reaction was brilliant.

Actually I think it shows Nikki in quite a good light as she is obviously totally accepting of Nadia as a woman. Shame the same can't be said for a lot of the supposedly intelligent people using this forum.

Bloody well said!
  • Options
    Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    I saw a few threads on this supposedly 'classic' line but rather than laugh, I immediately thought of Nikki's treatment of Sam, whom she deemed a 'man-beast.' I thought the period quip was quite nasty and mean-spirited but alas, Nikki is a child. HMs and viewers laugh at her tantrums and embrace her brattishness. :rolleyes:

It was just a gag.

Davina on BBBM just said one of the guests had 'the boyish good looks of Nadia', a line far worse.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laroc wrote: »
    Yes exactly, that's my point, Nikki's comment is being passed as harmless and naive. She knew all too well Sam didn't need sanitary products in BB7, so why feign ignorance now?

But Sam said he was male (which makes taking tampons in the house all the more confusing).

Nadia does not.
  • Options
    NoraBattieNoraBattie Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG...I cannot believe I am posting on this forum after so many years but I cannot let this one slide..

First of all I am not a Nikki fan as such...I screamed in terror when I saw Nikki was going into the house as I disliked her so much from her BB7 (??) time..
    BUT I honestly feel that Nikki made that comment innocently..Like another poster said I feel that she just ''sees'' Nadia as a woman and made that comment without thinking...as for Brian's reaction ( which was hilarious btw) I think he just couldn't believe that Nikki was that 'slow' ( for want of a better word) and I'm sure she realised her mistake eventually....
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nikki was just having a Nikki moment - yes she knows all about Nadia but at that time she wasnt thinking about that, she regards Nadia as female and so it was logicial to her to suggest that .

If it is played back to her and or pointed out she would be very embarrassed, Nikki is a huge fan of Nadia, we all know Nikki can be a bit forgetful at times and speak without thinking, this was one of those, surprise people still place so much importance on everything Nikki says lol
  • Options
    crispihcrispih Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought brian was so funny - he siad it so quietly

but saying it must be that time of the month is often said to men to when they are grunpy
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    I saw Nikki's comment as a stupid mistake, not cruel and calculated. If she wanted to be cruel she would have corrected herself saying oh no she can't have periods. Using periods to explain behaviour is common and easy to slip up with someone like Nadia.

oh come on, she a woman who knows Nadia was once a man, she knows men dont have periods :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sheils1 wrote: »
    oh come on, she a woman who knows Nadia was once a man, she knows men dont have periods :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your forgetting this is Nikki we are talking about, she often forgets herself - and says things without realising how ridiculous they are.
  • Options
    NoraBattieNoraBattie Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Your forgetting this is Nikki we are talking about, she often forgets herself - and says things without realising how ridiculous they are.

couldn't agree with you more...people read way too much into things imo..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I was genuinely shocked she said this. Really not funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoraBattie wrote: »
    couldn't agree with you more...people read way too much into things imo..

Absolutely its funny really the mere idea Nikki would have said that deliberately and knowingly to offend one of her fav hms. Many, many times Nikki has come out with very silly things often quoted on here and only when told about it afterwards does she realise and feel embarassed. Given Nikki is often accused of a lack of intelligence makes it even funnier people will accuse her of HAVING intelligence about an odd remark such as this:)
  • Options
    tigerlily96tigerlily96 Posts: 3,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Absolutely its funny really the mere idea Nikki would have said that deliberately and knowingly to offend one of her fav hms. Many, many times Nikki has come out with very silly things often quoted on here and only when told about it afterwards does she realise and feel embarassed. Given Nikki is often accused of a lack of intelligence makes it even funnier people will accuse her of HAVING intelligence about an odd remark such as this:)

Agreed.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    Brian could not believe that Nikki was being THAT stupid.That was why he paused IMO..

Exactly! he had an incredulous look on his face when she said it, and you could see he was thinking "are you serious?", then he just quipped, yeah, maybe, unlikely but maybe and just left the bathroom
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,850
    Forum Member
    havergal wrote: »
    anorexia has made her infertile - she has never had a period.
    But I'm sure she understand how they affect other women

Of course she does. Not to, after her own problems, would display a bovine idiocy