The Ratings Thread (Part 37)

Comments

• happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful rating for an awful show-Lets Get Gold. Well deserved. Andy Murray final will obviously peak well and it should be an easy enough final for him with the other main seeds out.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,928
    Forum Member
    19:00- BBC Regional News - 5.06m (23.7%)
    19:30- The One Show - 3.29m (15.4%)
    20:00- EastEnders - 7.21m (33.0%)

Looks like people turned off the One Show last night?
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »

It was fully against Corrie, unusually.

And considering it was a Friday (usually the weakest night for TOS) and it was out of slot, it did well to beat Thursday's rating, in volume if not in share:
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Thursday 5th July 2012
    BBC One
    19:00 - The One Show: 3.15m (17.8%)
    rzt wrote: »
    Friday 6th July Overnights
    BBC One
    19:30- The One Show - 3.29m (15.4%)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's Get Gold... not a good rating, is it?
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was up against Corrie but its share looks really low. Maybe it is all this moving around of programmes to faciltiate the tennis. However, it did have good lead in ratings and should have benefited from this.
  • excel99excel99 Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Yeah you're right - it was Dan Snow's Norman Walks from 6.30pm, replacing Wimbledon
    In England. Scotland/Wales/NI got the regional news on BBC2
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Its a sorry state of affairs for ITV when Grimefighters manages to beat their new, expensive, gameshow.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    It was a Grimefighters repeat as well LOL.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure I've seen an ad on ITV that was about BBC coverage Olympics with 24 channels available via Sky.

Yeah I've seen that too and they had a frontpage ad in the Times last week promoting it.
    Forum Member
    excel99 wrote: »
    In England. Scotland/Wales/NI got the regional news on BBC2

Ah yes, forgot that. Did the nations get another dose of news at 7pm? That's what the BBC website indicates.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,928
    Forum Member
    happy tv wrote: »
    It was up against Corrie but its share looks really low. Maybe it is all this moving around of programmes to faciltiate the tennis. However, it did have good lead in ratings and should have benefited from this.

And the regional news was up against Emmerdale and managed to have 5m viewers.
    19:00- Emmerdale: 6.10m (28.6%) , +1: 142k
    19:30- Coronation Street: 7.50m (35.1%) , +1: 157k

When you see its ratings sandwiched between 5m and 7m programmes sort of draws attention to its 3m.

Maybe Chris Evans has lost his winning ways, even that little dynamo of a magician couldn't pull in the crowds. :)
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen that too and they had a frontpage ad in the Times last week promoting it.

The ad for the BBC has certainly been running on some of the Sky channels
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, forgot that. Did the nations get another dose of news at 7pm? That's what the BBC website indicates.

No

Some network consumer show at 7pm.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

Scotland got Coast, Wales showed Fake Britain and Northern Ireland opted out in full between 7-8 to show the world boat race visiting Derry.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01kg61n
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Scotland got Coast, Wales showed Fake Britain and Northern Ireland opted out in full between 7-8 to show the world boat race visiting Derry.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01kg61n

Thanks. So the actual regional news aired at 7.00 only in England and therefore the 7.00-7.30 slot did very well to get 5.1m/24% against Emmers despite showing repeats to Scotland and Wales, 13% of the UK population. Not sure if the boat race in NI (3% of UK) will have under- or over-performed against network.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's Get Gold! Yikes that's not good at all. Doesn't look like a cheap show either. The trailers didn't fill me with confidence and the end result proved my suspicions right. It's not for me at all. Superstar should fare better.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The peak was massive but to average 6.4m on a weekday afternoon is even more impressive. :eek:
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Let's Get Gold! Yikes that's not good at all. Doesn't look like a cheap show either. The trailers didn't fill me with confidence and the end result proved my suspicions right. It's not for me at all. Superstar should fare better.

Well, if it does, it may stand out as a relative diamond in the rough in tonight's ITV1 schedule:

5.30 Primeval - FLOP!
    6.25 You Cannot Be Serious! - FLOP!
    6.55 You've Been Framed! - (R)
    7.25 Superstar
    8.25 Let's Get Gold! - FLOP!
    9.55 News
    10.10 Mad Mad World - FLOP!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    The peak was massive but to average 6.4m on a weekday afternoon is even more impressive. :eek:
    Especially seeing where it started. I think people wanted to see Federer v Djokovic as well. Wimbledon's success is down to how well and how far Brits go in the tournament. Unfortunately they only have Murray to rely on. If he goes far big ratings are possible likewise when Tim Henman did well. How high can the final go? Possibly double figures in the millions for the match/show average?
    Well, if it does, it may stand out as a relative diamond in the rough in tonight's ITV1 schedule:

5.30 Primeval - FLOP!
    6.25 You Cannot Be Serious! - FLOP!
    6.55 You've Been Framed! - (R)
    7.25 Superstar
    8.25 Let's Get Gold! - FLOP!
    9.55 News
    10.10 Mad Mad World - FLOP!
    Superstar has been promoted a lot, just maybe it'll hit big.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Given the appalling weather and appalling competition it has no excuse not to succeed. It should get at least 7 million.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Theres hardly any buzz for Superstars. Look at DS, not even a single post about it in the last week even though its launching tonight. Less than 3,000 followers for the official Twitter account which is way less than what The Voice and even Red Or Black had before their launches. The Facebook page has a measly 1,000 likes. The YouTube trailer has 12,000 views which is like 10x less than The Voice's trailer before it launched. There has been no front page or major articles in the newspapers this week, no special idents for it like what Itv did for Red or Black and DoI, a small lead in from crappy old Youve Been Framed, hardly any mentions on the radio about it although I dont listen to Chris Moyles show which he could have talked about. It will be seen as a rip-off of the BBCs versions of Andrew Lloyd Webber's shows and also the judges are quite small names like Jason Donovan and Mel C is the least talked about Spice Girl. It aint gonna hit big, might scrape 5m, but thats it. This stuffy Lloyd Webber franchise wasnt a big hit for BBC according to BARB.co.uk:

11 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1829) 5.53
    24 OVER THE RAINBOW (FRI 2100) 4.55
    10 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1928) 5.61
    13 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1903) 5.61
    19 OVER THE RAINBOW (SUN 2015) 4.79
    16 OVER THE RAINBOW (SUN 1816) 4.84
    18 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1915) 4.82
    9 OVER THE RAINBOW (SUN 1915) 5.99
    13 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1907) 5.41
    12 OVER THE RAINBOW (SUN 1914) 5.61
    14 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1911) 5.44
    11 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1848) 5.78
    12 OVER THE RAINBOW (SUN 1915) 5.75
    13 OVER THE RAINBOW (SUN 2009) 5.61
    14 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1910) 5.56
    6 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 2057) 6.95
    10 OVER THE RAINBOW (SAT 1902) 5.97

And nor will it be a big hit for Itv.
  • Thank youThank you Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Let's Get Gold... not a good rating, is it?

Ratings don't reflect quality. :)
    Forum Member
    re The One Show:
    And the regional news was up against Emmerdale and managed to have 5m viewers.

True, but Corrie typically rates 1m-1.5m better than Emmers.
    When you see its ratings sandwiched between 5m and 7m programmes sort of draws attention to its 3m

3m or so is a typical figure for half-decent shows up against the big two soaps on BBC1 & ITV1. I'll grant you it's not a fab figure, but not awful.
    Forum Member
    Wimbledon boosted yesterday's all-day share for BBC TV as a whole to 39.8% for all individuals, 47.2% for ABC1 Women and a massive 49.9% for ABC1 Men (C4 Sales)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    Given the appalling weather and appalling competition it has no excuse not to succeed. It should get at least 7 million.
    That's what I was thinking. It'll face an old film on BBC1 and has been trailered to death. Surely 6m is what they should be looking to get.
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Theres hardly any buzz for Superstars. Look at DS, not even a single post about it in the last week even though its launching tonight. Less than 3,000 followers for the official Twitter account which is way less than what The Voice and even Red Or Black had before their launches. The Facebook page has a measly 1,000 likes. The YouTube trailer has 12,000 views which is like 10x less than The Voice's trailer before it launched. There has been no front page or major articles in the newspapers this week, little mentioned on the radio about it. It will also be seen as a rip-off of the BBCs versions of Andrew Lloyd Webber's shows and also the judges are quite small names like Jason Donovan and Mel C is the least talked about Spice Girl.
    Potentially not good omens. It did take The Voice several weeks to get to 3000 followers, numbers could go up when Superstar is finally on air. Sunday morning around here will be interesting.
This discussion has been closed.