Are Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw dating?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Nick Grimshaw seems like a bit of a knob. I can't be doing with those too cool for school types and he's one of them. Why does he feel the need to parade about with his uber trendy celeb "mates"? Does he not have any real friends?

The "friendship" with Harry is really strange. I'm not saying it's not possible to be besties with someone twelve years your junior, but teenage boys are on a totally different level of maturity than someone of 30.

Not always true. Some 18 year olds have a more mature outlook than some 30 year olds! It completely depends on the individual. Also I don't think two people necessarily have to have exactly the same level of maturity in order for them to be friends.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not always true. Some 18 year olds have a more mature outlook than some 30 year olds! It completely depends on the individual. Also I don't think two people necessarily have to have exactly the same level of maturity in order for them to be friends.

True and I did read some article where this woman talking about the Flack situation and had met Harry and said he was years older than his years and when you met him you forget how young he is. I would imagine he has had to mature pretty quickly in the last two years with the job he has.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I don't think Harry Styles is gay, if he was it would be covered up more...traditionally, instead of turning him into cougar prey. Louis Tomlinson is very obviously gay - you can just tell, and yes I know he has this apparent relationship with a model, but that is the kind of gay "beard" in the closet celebrities that rely on female fanbases are given.

I don't get this idea that boybanders still can't be publicly gay as it would get rid of female fanbases. I am in no way a One Direction fan and even I know the fans seem to love shipping Louis and Harry more than anything. I think they'd celebrate if any of them were gay more than anything. No girls to be jealous of and all!
  • Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Tomlinson is very obviously gay

:mad:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1748760
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Beagle2 wrote: »

Why are you angry? It's that person's opinion. How does i hurt you? (unless that's you Louis! :D)
  • Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Why are you angry? It's that person's opinion. How does i hurt you? (unless that's you Louis! :D)

The phrase "very obviously" doesn't imply that it's their opinion. If you read my topic you wouldn't have needed to ask why I was angry...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Harry Styles is gay, if he was it would be covered up more...traditionally, instead of turning him into cougar prey. Louis Tomlinson is very obviously gay - you can just tell, and yes I know he has this apparent relationship with a model, but that is the kind of gay "beard" in the closet celebrities that rely on female fanbases are given.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/198848-louis-tomlinsons-fury-at-gay-one-direction-rumours/
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

So he feels fury at the assumption he is gay, homophobic much?!:rolleyes:
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The phrase "very obviously" doesn't imply that it's their opinion. If you read my topic you wouldn't have needed to ask why I was angry...
    Fine, it is very obvious to me that he is gay.
    And please don't reply with your own topic, it's really strange when people do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he feels fury at the assumption he is gay, homophobic much?!:rolleyes:

No not homophobic at all but just pissed off that fans take it too far tweeting his girl friend and family hate filled messages about her being a beard and wishing she would die Wouldn't you be a bit angry too!

There is shipping which is harmless then there is taking it to another level which I believe is the case here and nothing to do with homophobia at all!
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At 27 I have a friend who is 10 years younger than me (and arguably more mature than me!), I can totally see how at 30 you can be friends with an 18 year old - add to that the kind of industry they are in, where the young grow up fast and the old(er) are big kids.

I think it's just a genuine platonic friendship, because I can see no reason to think otherwise, and the two of them are just engaging in some light trolling knowing how many gullible/close minded people will get their knickers in a twist over it.
  • JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not homophobic at all but just pissed off that fans take it too far tweeting his girl friend and family hate filled messages about her being a beard and wishing she would die Wouldn't you be a bit angry too!

There is shipping which is harmless then there is taking it to another level which I believe is the case here and nothing to do with homophobia at all!

That's just horrible and nobody deserves that. I still wouldn't be surprised if he officially came out in 5 years time though. Two seperate people have told me independently that having spent time in the company of 1D that it was open with everyone that Louis was gay. But hey, I wasn't there to see or hear it myself so who knows.
  • dixie_whiskeydixie_whiskey Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Jonah Takalua! Puck you sir.

If it's true then Harry has a bad taste in men, GRIMmers is a bit of a tw*t. Too school for cool, yawn.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty obvious that Harry is gay, but it would completely destroy his fanbase if he came out. He would actually be breaking his contract if he came out, one can imagine. There are hundreds of thousands of girls obsessed with Harry who's worlds would be shattered. He can't come out whilst in 1D.

Anyone wondering why they have pushed the 'cougar' stories for Harry, well it's so it makes it easy for the young fans to think they still have a chance with him, and also the hate can focus on 'get someone your own age'. Also, the Caroline Flack thing was simple to pull off because she is a Syco employee, under contract herself to do and say anything they tell her or she's out of a job.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think he's gay. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was bisexual.
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What does the term shipping mean? I'm not familiar with it in this context:o
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    dorahall wrote: »
    What does the term shipping mean? I'm not familiar with it in this context:o

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Shipping
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's pretty obvious that Harry is gay, but it would completely destroy his fanbase if he came out. He would actually be breaking his contract if he came out, one can imagine. There are hundreds of thousands of girls obsessed with Harry who's worlds would be shattered. He can't come out whilst in 1D.

Anyone wondering why they have pushed the 'cougar' stories for Harry, well it's so it makes it easy for the young fans to think they still have a chance with him, and also the hate can focus on 'get someone your own age'. Also, the Caroline Flack thing was simple to pull off because she is a Syco employee, under contract herself to do and say anything they tell her or she's out of a job.

That is possible BUT what about the married DJ, Harry had an affair with whose husband is always spouting off to the press and his mate from old band who loves the limelight and is very happy to be interviewed about Harry's sexual preferences. All Syco employees?
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's pretty obvious that Harry is gay, but it would completely destroy his fanbase if he came out.

I love how his Twitter fans automatically deny this and call these things rumours. :D
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    *Clem* wrote: »
    I really don't think he's gay. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was bisexual.

I think it may be the latter.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Harry is not gay, he's rumoured to be dating Taylor Swift now.

She has been linked with:

Taylor Lautner
    Joe Jonas
    John Meyer
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Zac Efron and
    Cory Monteith

in the past. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Harry is not gay, he's rumoured to be dating Taylor Swift now.

She has been linked with:

Taylor Lautner
    Joe Jonas
    John Meyer
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Zac Efron and
    Cory Monteith

in the past. ;)

gets about doesn't she ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭