Options

Russell Howard's Good News

Comments

• Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,227
    Forum Member
    Try living in Bristol!

I was talking about the way Russell does it!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A bit of joke recycling going on last night by Howard.

There was a joke about his mam putting the oyster card in her glove and waving it over the scanner.

A few series ago on Mock the Week Dara explained to him that you could take the chip out of an oyster card and insert it into a wand so you could act like Harry Potter.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that the comedian in the latest stand-up segment was awful. Mae Martin is the only one on there who I've really liked. Perhaps they feature poor comedians in an attempt to make Russell look good! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure anyone will agree with me on this, but I really dislike the 'It's not all doom and gloom' segments at the end, I find them depressing. And I go from laughing and feeling cheerful to feeling upset. It's usually people finding a way to cope with some terrible ordeal, and it shouldn't be called 'It's not all doom and gloom' when the stories they show reflect upon extremely hard lives. It has never really suited the end imo. It can be inspiring, but it still leaves me feeling sad for the people, and I'd prefer to end the show on a laughing note.

Other than that, I love the good news it's great fun :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Morton100 wrote: »
    I'm not sure anyone will agree with me on this, but I really dislike the 'It's not all doom and gloom' segments at the end, I find them depressing. And I go from laughing and feeling cheerful to feeling upset. It's usually people finding a way to cope with some terrible ordeal, and it shouldn't be called 'It's not all doom and gloom' when the stories they show reflect upon extremely hard lives. It has never really suited the end imo. It can be inspiring, but it still leaves me feeling sad for the people, and I'd prefer to end the show on a laughing note.

Other than that, I love the good news it's great fun :D

It's a pointless segment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I thought that the comedian in the latest stand-up segment was awful. Mae Martin is the only one on there who I've really liked. Perhaps they feature poor comedians in an attempt to make Russell look good! :p
    I thought Reggie Watts was impressive. Not my usual genre but ok for a one off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

I just found that on YouTube, good recommendation, I really like her! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-2KKHOXnY4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice to see he has gone through 11 episodes and not a compilation episode yet :D

There's a compilation of stand-up's tonight and a 'best bits' special next week (he'll probably lose a few viewers because of this).
  • Options
    bridgerrbridgerr Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    The programs get worse with every passing series "oh look a horse humping a cow, DEEERRPPP." Howard used to be a political-orientated comedian with a bit of 'fun' on the side. Now everything he does is either sex, dogs humping, sex, more dogs humping, blah blah blah.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bridgerr wrote: »
    The programs get worse with every passing series "oh look a horse humping a cow, DEEERRPPP." Howard used to be a political-orientated comedian with a bit of 'fun' on the side. Now everything he does is either sex, dogs humping, sex, more dogs humping, blah blah blah.

Indeed. Those jokes are funny at first but now they have become repetitive :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bridgerr wrote: »
    Was he? Obviously on MtW it is more political orientated than his show and maybe in the earlier series he did some political humour but it's mostly been topical entertainment rather than political.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So the series is over.

One of the funniest moments in the series was a clip of Boris Johnson talking about a 'politicians olympics' (the same episode in which 'Very ni-i-ice!' began) and the fact you'd see 'Jeremy Hunt wanging the bell-end' :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There seem to be now endless repeats on Dave :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    There seem to be now endless repeats on Dave :D
    You've only just noticed? You could say it about nearly every show they broadcast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    You've only just noticed? You could say it about nearly every show they broadcast.

They haven't broadcast any of the series 6 & 7 shows on Dave however. That's what I was talking about above.

I guess his strategy is two series per year. Just would hope he would cut down on the mystery guest segment.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bah, what about Don't Tell The Bride? Ha. As much as I like Gavin and Stacey, I wouldn't have included it as the later series, to my memory, weren't BBC Three exclusives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deserves it. I'm sure we'll get series 8 in a months time :D
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this bit early but I notice new season for Russell Howard good news will return on 25th April which I believe it be 12 new episode when it returns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's been confirmed. And 12 episodes worked out well last time but its down to Russell.
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's been confirmed. And 12 episodes worked out well last time but its down to Russell.

If they did 12 episode I hope it 11 new episode and one best bits not like they did in Season 6 I think where they have 8 new episode and four best bits, to me it didn't work having four best bits episode with comedian having they only episode too.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this bit early but I notice new season for Russell Howard good news will return on 25th April which I believe it be 12 new episode when it returns.

yes thnks ,

was dissapointed last series not many laughs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    yes thnks ,

was dissapointed last series not many laughs
    I know ewhat you mean. Watched a few repeats on Dave and there's only about 20mins of good stuff. The rest is the mystery guest, feel good story and standup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If they did 12 episode I hope it 11 new episode and one best bits not like they did in Season 6 I think where they have 8 new episode and four best bits, to me it didn't work having four best bits episode with comedian having they only episode too.

Indeed - though the reason for the four 'best bits' specials in series 6 was because Russell was off to Euro 2012 matches I believe and didn't have time.

I hope he cuts down on the sex jokes this series, and focuses on Boris Johnson more :D
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Indeed - though the reason for the four 'best bits' specials in series 6 was because Russell was off to Euro 2012 matches I believe and didn't have time.

I hope he cuts down on the sex jokes this series, and focuses on Boris Johnson more :D
    Why would you want him to cut down on the sex jokes:D
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I know ewhat you mean. Watched a few repeats on Dave and there's only about 20mins of good stuff. The rest is the mystery guest, feel good story and standup.

I can't stand the mystery guest. Inalsways fast forward