Options

Am I the only person in the world still enjoying EE?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SophiaK70SophiaK70 Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    its way better than corrie at the mo

corrie is really dire
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are about the same I think .
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SophiaK70 wrote: »
    its way better than corrie at the mo

corrie is really dire

Agreed. Tbh I would go as far as saying that, in the last few weeks, Hollyoaks has actually been the best out of the three (I don't watch ED).
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying Eastenders but I can't deny, they are doing a lot of things wrong. They have spent too much time on a storyline that they know is not popular. The only reason we wan't to know who Kat was having an affair with so it will end.

Then they are not spending enough on the better Ava storyline. I personally want to see more about it and I don't think I am alone.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i enjoy it only because i dont take it seriously unlike other ds ppl
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    Maybe!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    It's alright, but for the past 12-18 months it has been a real chore to get through most episodes.

The main reason is that the show feels flat and lifeless. It's going to take some time for it to be back on form again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Millions of people still watch it, and I don't think they'd watch it if they didn't enjoy it. Yet I still see people complain about eastenders, therefore for it's got to just be certain elements in the show that those people dislike, regardless they still enjoy it. :D

Although it does annoy me when people who supposedly watch it regularly slate then state that there is 'nothing' that they like about the show and it's pure garbage, then you see them argue and complain about the latest episode weeks later. Who watches something they generally don't like? Seems a lot of people here do.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i actually like it at the moment.
    loving cora.
    and for what it's worth, i liked the baby swap storline

Me too.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guido9 wrote: »
    It's ok at the moment but nothing more than that! True, it's been rather a rough year with behind the scenes changeovers (EPs) and a sizeable "cast clearout" necessary to help rescue the show - especially after Kirkwood's disastrous tenure threatened to wreck it for good. Indeed 2011 was easily the worst year in EE history with things only marginally improving this year since then.

Even when EE is poor though most still devote half an hour a day, four times a week to watch it - quite often out of habit or to simply keep track of things and characters. As one poster said, if you just watch it in fits and starts (only when you think it's good), then you do lose track of what's what and then it all becomes a bit muddled or meaningless. As a consequence you then probably start to lose interest altogether because you no longer know whats happening and with who.

Anyways, let's hope 2013 will be the best year since 2009 as it's been in a very dire state since then really in the main.

This is true with regard to EastEnders but the weird thing is that doesn't seem to apply to Coronation Street. I never follow Corrie regularly yet I enjoyed certain storylines like John Stape storyline, Frank Foster storyline, David's epilepsy. As soon as a partcular storyline was over though i went off Corrie until the next one that caught my eye and I didn't have a problem following any of it.
  • Options
    lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Have you done a comprehensive survey of what everyone on DS thinks of EastEnders to come to such a conclusion?

Yes I have, but I decided not to include you.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'v been watching EE since the 90's and I think this is the worse I'v ever seen it, and I didn't think anything could top the diabolical 2011 or 2004. No wonder its ratings are going down.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it, it's been a good year although I've found the last month or two a bit boring. Christmas looks great!
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you done a comprehensive survey of what everyone on DS thinks of EastEnders to come to such a conclusion?

Lloydsimco is a troll.
  • Options
    misshollandmissholland Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    How did it ever get this far?:( I have watched EastEnders loyally since 1986,and have always stuck with it,even when it was going through- let me say- less brilliant times.But now I've decided I can't take it anymore. Very sad,I always used to look forward to it...I'm not sure what exactly the problem is,I don't think it's the actors- extremely bad writing I suppose.
    I find I don't care anymore what happens to them.I don't even understand certain things,but perhaps that's just me.
    What exactly does Derek, for instance,want?He wants his children around him,obviously.But what was all that with Joey when he made him break up with Lauren?That's what he wanted wasn't it?(For obvious reasons) But then he kept on scheming,and threatening Tanya- I just don't know what the purpose of his character is.And that's just one example.Fatboy,Lauren,Lucy,Ray,Jack,Joey,Kim :yawn: I just can't be bothered anymore.I never thought this day would come...:( Oh,and Kat's secret lover...I just don't care!:sleep:
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did it ever get this far?:( I have watched EastEnders loyally since 1986,and have always stuck with it,even when it was going through- let me say- less brilliant times.But now I've decided I can't take it anymore. Very sad,I always used to look forward to it...I'm not sure what exactly the problem is,I don't think it's the actors- extremely bad writing I suppose.
    I find I don't care anymore what happens to them.I don't even understand certain things,but perhaps that's just me.
    What exactly does Derek, for instance,want?He wants his children around him,obviously.But what was all that with Joey when he made him break up with Lauren?That's what he wanted wasn't it?(For obvious reasons) But then he kept on scheming,and threatening Tanya- I just don't know what the purpose of his character is.And that's just one example.Fatboy,Lauren,Lucy,Ray,Jack,Joey,Kim :yawn: I just can't be bothered anymore.I never thought this day would come...:( Oh,and Kat's secret lover...I just don't care!:sleep:

totally THIS

I especially agree with what you said about not understanding things, as many storylines don't even make sense, so many of the characters actions and storys just leave me baffled, perplexed and in howls of laughter. I'v actually missed a lot of episodes lately and haven't bothered catching up, however theres no need cos when I do watch the next episode, I haven't missed a thing cos nothings happened cos its just the same repeated loop:rolleyes: switching off after cristmas::sleep: