Options

Ten serious fallings out amongst TV actors

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor seemed to have chemistry on screen.Off screen they were not friends.Gene Wilder claimed that Richard Pryor's cocaine addiction made him unpleasant to be around.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    Even though Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor seemed to have chemistry on screen.Off screen they were not friends.Gene Wilder claimed that Richard Pryor's cocaine addiction made him unpleasant to be around.

Cocaine does tend to have that effect on people.... :(
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Didn't he also say something about buying yet another house?

Michael Caine said he'd never seen Jaws IV, although he had heard it wasn't very good. But he'd seen the house it paid for, and it was very nice.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Michael Caine said he'd never seen Jaws IV, although he had heard it wasn't very good. But he'd seen the house it paid for, and it was very nice.

I love things like this, Why should they lie and pretend. Much more respect for this than someone who says a film will only be enjoyed by people 'who get it'
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    I love things like this, Why should they lie and pretend. Much more respect for this than someone who says a film will only be enjoyed by people 'who get it'

Well actors can't say anything about the quality of the film, co-stars or director before or while it's on it's initial release.
    Producers wouldn't be happy to have someone on a film who badmouthed a previous project while it was on release would they?
    Years later, it's a different matter even producers and directors will admit to poor projects then.
  • Options
    candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were we meant to get to ten and then just stop the thread....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Were we meant to get to ten and then just stop the thread....

Have we got to ten, I haven't been counting.
    Some of us are off on the DS tangent game anyway.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Horrocks calls the extension to her house ''Tesco's'' because the ads she did for them paid for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Jane Horrocks calls the extension to her house ''Tesco's'' because the ads she did for them paid for it.

Danny Baker is rarely backwards about 'the big pile of bricks on Blackheath' that the Daz adverts bought him.

On the other hand, I knew someone (minor player in a hit sitcom) who was offered a £50k one off payment for an advert he'd done, he was skint so he took it.
    'Luckily' the advert ran for about a month at most and was dropped, so he didn't have to suffer too much of a ribbing over it.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kenny Baker (R2-D2) and Antony Daniels (C-3P0)
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Apparently, both Michael Pitt and Paz de la Huerta kept causing trouble
    with the other actors on "Boardwalk Empire".
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick Stewart and Michael Dorn of Star Trek:TNG didn't get on.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Merton and Angus Deayton.

Only noticed it from Mr Merton towards Mr Deayton.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Patrick Stewart and James Corden
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Well actors can't say anything about the quality of the film, co-stars or director before or while it's on it's initial release.
    Producers wouldn't be happy to have someone on a film who badmouthed a previous project while it was on release would they?
    Years later, it's a different matter even producers and directors will admit to poor projects then.

Oh yea i know what you mean. And i agree. But i mean those who persist with thinking something that stunk was pretty great and get annoyed when someone disagrees
  • Options
    aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actors who played Pauline and Arthur Fowler didn't get on apparently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Oh yea i know what you mean. And i agree. But i mean those who persist with thinking something that stunk was pretty great and get annoyed when someone disagrees

I give you Night of the Hunter, stunk the place out so badly Charles Laughton never got another chance to Direct a film.

Time might well vindicate whoever it is you're thinking of :)
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    On that theme I always preferred Michael Caine's quote 'in order to have a high standard of living, you sometimes have to make a low standard of film'.

I believe he also said something like

"First I take the great roles. If they don't come, I take the mediocre roles. If they don't come, I take the roles that pay the mortgage/rent".