Options

Suarez bites back?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    It makes me laugh that people are now calling it a trial by media. It is!! The media in question being the cameras that caught the incident in glorious technicolour from different angles, as it happened :D
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His ban should have came with a suspended sentence which was a life time ban if he done it again that would prob stop him trying it again.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suarez's defence that he put to FIFA:

Gabriele Marcotti @Marcotti
    ICYMI. Suarez told FIFA he did NOT bite. Simply lost balance, fell into Chiellini +mouth hit shoulder. http://www.as.com/misc/pdf/sancion-suarez-26-06-2014.pdf

:D:D:D
  • Options
    NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »

ICYMI. Suarez told FIFA he did NOT bite. Simply lost balance, fell into Chiellini +mouth hit shoulder. http://www.as.com/misc/pdf/sancion-suarez-26-06-2014.pdf

Here's how Suarez' assault on a referee when he has a teenager is retold by a former coach of his,

Suárez was 16, not 15. Nacional were playing Danubio, another local team, and it was absolutely not a head-butt. He was simply protesting about a referee’s mistake, and who doesn’t do that? Sure, his head hit the referee’s face, but not on purpose. “He fell,” Chenlo said, “accidentally into the referee.”

He fell. One thing you learn about Suárez: he does a lot of falling.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-giorgio-chiellini-violence-deceit

Seems like Suarez doesn't have anger management issues, but simply problems with his balance.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    ...he deserves the ban for that, let alone the bite^_^
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So suarez fell on to chiellini's shoulder with his mouth. Was hoping he would except responsibility and get help but I suppose when you have people defending him and saying the punishmient was harsh which it wasn't. He's never gonna realise its wrong with these defending him. Some of comments I've heard are beyond stupid. Uruguay need to be carefully or they might talk themselves into more trouble. They're certainly not coming out of this too well at the moment.
  • Options
    mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    So suarez fell on to chiellini's shoulder with his mouth. Was hoping he would except responsibility and get help but I suppose when you have people defending him and saying the punishmient was harsh which it wasn't. He's never gonna realise its wrong with these defending him. Some of comments I've heard are beyond stupid. Uruguay need to be carefully or they might talk themselves into more trouble. They're certainly not coming out of this too well at the moment.

I'd certainly agree with that
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just shows people would support the devil if it gave them something back.

A lesser player would more likely become a hate figure for their nation.
  • Options
    General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    If he does continue playing for Liverpool after this, it'll be fun to hear what chants the opposition fans can come up with. There's tons of mileage in this.
    Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he does continue playing for Liverpool after this, it'll be fun to hear what chants the opposition fans can come up with. There's tons of mileage in this.
    Any suggestions?

If barca come in with the offer thats been reported then Liverpool might just accept. If suarez had accepted he was wrong to do what he did then Liverpool would fight to keep him but since he doesn't feel he's done anything wrong then there is good chance this will happen again and BR can't take that chance.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »

Look at the hate and abuse Beckham got after France 1998, and what did he do, a little flick kick!

I can only wonder what level it would have been, if he had bitten the current Atletico boss!! :o:o
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »

So from biting (a rather minor attack in the grand scheme) to the master of all evil and suffering. Yes, who cares about perspective, PERSPECTIVE BE DAMNED.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally just read his rather hilarious explanation for what happened.

I can see certain people getting ideas now.

"Well your honour, I certainly did not assault this individual as the officer said. He kept tripping and falling over on to my fist.

And in a strange twist of fate your honour, he also tripped and fell on to my boot as well. I certainly did not kick him when he was down".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Well your honour, I certainly did not assault this individual as the officer said. He kept tripping and falling over on to my fist.

And in a strange twist of fate your honour, he also tripped and fell on to my boot as well. I certainly did not kick him when he was down".

I wonder if Shearer will use something similar when talking about his kick of Neil Lennon?! ;-)
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You should be Suarez's lawyer.

Bound to get off with that defence......:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    So from biting (a rather minor attack in the grand scheme) to the master of all evil and suffering. Yes, who cares about perspective, PERSPECTIVE BE DAMNED.

To be fair, I do support the Devil, well his name to me is Fred the Red! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at the hate and abuse Beckham got after France 1998, and what did he do, a little flick kick!

I can only wonder what level it would have been, if he had bitten the current Atletico boss!! :o:o

Wasn't it simeone who becks kicked? Although the sending off was a joke. Didn't simeone admit later that he got him sent off?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Shearer will use something similar when talking about his kick of Neil Lennon?! ;-)

I don't think I could ever beat Shearer's actual explanation for that ..
    "I was brought down by Neil Lennon and we both fell clumsily," he said.

"As I tried to get to my feet I had to really tug my left foot free and the momentum of doing this looked on television liked a kick.
  • Options
    NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    I don't think I could ever beat Shearer's actual explanation for that .
    "I was brought down by Neil Lennon and we both fell clumsily," he said.

"As I tried to get to my feet I had to really tug my left foot free and the momentum of doing this looked on television liked a kick.

It sounds to me good fortune that Shearer, in the act of falling like a Suarez, didn't accidentally take a little bite out Lennon.
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any suggestions?

Everyone sings the theme from 'Jaws'
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    Its astonishing that he won't admit what he's done wrong, when it was clearly captured on cameras, on live TV, to audience around the world. Who's advising him - North Korea?
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delete- wrong thread.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is :o:D:o. He's the only person I've ever seen who falls upwards on to the top of a taller person's shoulder before falling down for a roll around clutching his mouth.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member

most people if they thought they were falling would reach out with their hands to prevent it, suarez just tries to latch onto something with his teeth as they obviously would provide greater support ;-)