Should Harrison Ford's injury be written into the new Star Wars film

DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just saw this picture of Harrison Ford out of hospital with a "peg" leg:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2675220/Harrison-Ford-two-feet-prosthetic-peg-leg-breaking-foot-set-filming-Star-Wars.html

On seeing this image of him, I just couldn't help but think old Han Solo with as peg leg- that could work :D!

Erm either way please don't kill try and kill again Star Wars film making people. Great to see he's looking well again anyway, hope he makes a full recovery.

Comments

• Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    No, because being that far into the future, they'd sure have the ability to fix a broken/bruised ankle.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    No, because being that far into the future, they'd sure have the ability to fix a broken/bruised ankle.
    Is Star Wars set in the future?
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol does 'A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away' ring any bells?!
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just for clarification, I was thinking more in terms of plot the leg of his character would have been severed off at some stage, rather than it literally being Han Solo on the receiving end of an on stage accident where he was flown to a Star Wars NHS hospital and given the peg leg thingy cause they can't afford anything better due to Tory Party funding cuts. Although it could be a satirical twist to the Star Wars world if it was the case.

See I was just thinking it might be a clever way of getting around the reality of him being semi crippled for a considerable amount of time and allow them to keep shooting the film with a suitable mcguffin as to why his character can't run around no more.

Obviously when real life Harrison can actually walk again his character could of course get one of those bionic leg thingies that all the other Star Wars characters seem to get after they get bits chopped off their bodies.

Can you not see the logic, no?
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is Star Wars set in the future?
    Notice when I said future, I used italics. ;-)

Regardless of whether Star Wars is set in the past, the future or a present day alternate universe, the technology is available there to cure a damaged ankle.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice when I said future, I used italics. ;-)

Regardless of whether Star Wars is set in the past, the future or a present day alternate universe, the technology is available there to cure a damaged ankle.

He actually broke his leg. I must've missed the storyline where a broken leg was fixed with this 'technology'. Perhaps they could just amputate it and replace it with a prosthetic like with Luke's hand.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    :eek: He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,317
    Forum Member
    Quite a nasty incident really, and you can bet Health & Safety are now all over it.

They certainly should've been more careful before shooting first ;)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member

LOL exactly.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member

Where's my geek hat, ah here it is...Lucas's vision is based on an imaginary future history called 'The Journal of the Whills', so the events of Star Wars may actually be taking place in our galaxy in our future, but according to the Journal it is past history taking place elsewhere.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this incident hasn't dampened Harrison Ford's flamboyant sunny disposition, it would be such a shame if he turned into a miserable mumbling grump.
  • SuperTed_SuperTed_ Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    To be honest, with a film like this they should just work round it where possible and wait if needed.

Get it right! Don't rush it or put in random re-writes!
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    I hope this incident hasn't dampened Harrison Ford's flamboyant sunny disposition, it would be such a shame if he turned into a miserable mumbling grump.

:D

Such a ray of sunshine!
    Forum Member
    He actually was a little better the last time he was on Norton's show. He wasn't completely miserable and disinterested.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Has Ford always been a miserable, spaced out div, or is it just in recent years that he has toasted his brain with drugs?
    Forum Member
    Hasn't he always been one of the people that just doesn't like interviews?

They know that sometimes they have to do it so just try to get through them.

De Niro is the same. Again, last time he was on Norton's show he was a little more relaxed.