Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    I wonder if the Jam and Lewis songs were shelved for financial reasons. Maybe they charged too much to have the songs featured on the Salute album.

I know T - Boz got a good check for Red Planet.

I'm dying to know what happened there. I think they would have known upfront what songs were going to cost. Its all puzzling because Syco was willing to fly them out to LA and work in that expensive studio over multi days, and it looked productive from that video diary. The tweets praising the girls were very positive. From their own history J & L like to take their time with artists so maybe they didnt feel that was quite long enough still.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long shot speculation on the Jam and Lewis work - perhaps they were already planning for album #3 ??? :p
  • itsstephitssteph Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    old mixer wrote: »
    Long shot speculation on the Jam and Lewis work - perhaps they were already planning for album #3 ??? :p

I was actually thinking that.

This "two weeks to write an album" bit makes a lot of sense if they already have tracks on the table,
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »

But she says in the video album 2
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    But she says in the video album 2

Yeah I think they were still in the development phase. Maybe it wasnt going the direction they wanted to ultimately but it was still a productive learning experience.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've cancelled the US tour?!
    Live Nation Press Release:

(July 3, 2014) - Little Mix announced today they are cancelling their upcoming North American headlining Salute Tour as they continue work on their next album. A full refund will be available to all ticket holders at point of purchase.

"As a group we decided that creating an amazing 3rd album had to take priority," says Little Mix. "We're so sorry to all the Mixers who bought tickets to come and see the show. As soon as the album is finished, we promise to make plans to return to the US and perform for you all."

Heard this over at DenDen, here's what the user had to say:
    Yes, and the press release has gone out, but they're holding to release it until a certain time so all outlets can announce at the same time. If it's not out by this time tomorrow, by all means, lynch mob me. Ssheeeshh DenDen.... No wonder nobody wants to leak here anymore. lol
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT??? Surely, they'd announce that on Twitter first?

I'm not going to believe it until it comes from the horse's mouth so to speak. Seems like a rumour. At most, they might cancel a few dates or downgrade.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Why don't they just cancelled the gigs they have here in July and August
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    Why don't they just cancelled the gigs they have here in July and August

I'm guessing it's an excuse because of the poor ticket sales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yup, San Jose is showing up as cancelled on Ticketmaster. Damn.

Wonder if they will try another opener slot next year, or what. They managed to half-sell the venues, so it's not like there's no base here.

Edit: I guess I'll always wonder exactly what management was thinking. The ticket sales numbers shouldn't have been a surprise if they projected off, say, 5H's album and ticket sales.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible it's because of ticket sales but I still kind of doubt it, either their team knows what they're doing or they weren't very smart because LM only had a few US dates in the beginning which could of sold quite well but they continuously decided to add more dates on two separate occasions with fans expressing how much they wanted them to come to their state. Either way I'm glad they have more time for album 3 hopefully it's a global hit and they can have a bigger US tour.

I mean there's another girl group currently on tour in the US with less sales than LM so they could of at least sold out a few places
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(:cry::(

Maybe it's just some dates. *holding out hope*
    Forum Member
    Hope this means management will look into visiting Europe, if the venues were sold out they would never have done this
    Forum Member
    Hope this means management will look into visiting Europe, if the venues were sold out they would never have done this
    I think Europe's going to be a similar story as far as venue sizes. Either get a few big multinational hits on album 3 or grind up from small theater size (which isn't how pop typically works). Maybe it'd be cheaper to do at a similar size.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said it was a bad idea from the beginning. The only positive they could have got from it was promo for 'Salute' (the single) and getting a slot on AGT.

I doubt that would have happened though considering how balls Columbia is.
  • itsstephitssteph Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    I hope this means they can have good promo for album 3 and a more coordinated Europe/US tour.
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There hasn't been any push by anyone other than the Today Show slot and those festival dates. I'm not surprised, these girls are dedicated to making sure their albums come out the way they want it to be and will not give in to that, so with the whole "album a year" mantra syco have, the limited time they have wasn't going to work for them. This is a major disappointment, and I wish they would've just postponed it instead of outright cancelling the shows.

Some of the shows are actually close to being sold out, so this is a disappointment in that way as well, we all thought if ticket sales were to pick up it would happen at end of July/August but hey.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welp I mentioned it on twitter and have stans attacking me that it is just a ticketmaster virus listing the San Jose date as cancelled.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A shame to cancel the tour but there doesn't seem to have been the demand. They're not close to being in the Top 100 pop acts in the US and the Today Show appearance doesn't seem to have done much.

I hope the girls aren't too gutted :( If they have success with the third album they can try again next year but if not they've got a good thing going on in the UK. They've still performed in arenas with Demi and stadiums with the radio shows.
    Forum Member
    In other news jesy posted a picture of her and jordan
    Perrie posted a picture of food and is getting hate for it because zayn is fasting, they are not even in the same country
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news jesy posted a picture of her and jordan
    Perrie posted a picture of food and is getting hate for it because zayn is fasting, they are not even in the same country

That's not Jordan, it's one of their dancers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually laughed at loud at Perrie getting hate for posting a pic of chicken being barbecued ,the haters are just so unbelievably over the top it is actually incredible.
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    Welp I mentioned it on twitter and have stans attacking me that it is just a ticketmaster virus listing the San Jose date as cancelled.
    Hah. I just got the cancellation email.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Hah. I just got the cancellation email.

Is it the official LM newsletter? what did it say?
    Forum Member
    DreC wrote: »
    Is it the official LM newsletter? what did it say?
    Here it is:
    Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been canceled:

Little Mix – The Salute Tour
    City National Civic
    Tuesday, September 23rd at 7PM

We’re sorry that your event has been canceled. For your convenience, we’ve automatically refunded your order, including fees, (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable), which will appear on your credit card within 7 – 10 business days.

If you received tickets via our Ticket Transfer program, this email serves only as notification of the event cancellation. As you did not purchase the tickets from Ticketmaster, you will not receive a refund.

If you sent tickets to someone via our Ticket Transfer program, please be advised we have notified the current ticket holder of the event cancellation. All tickets are being returned to your account and the refund information posted above applies.

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!
    Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support
This discussion has been closed.