✭✭✭
    That song is crap.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    That song is crap.

Disagree but isn't it lovely how taste works.
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just talking about this song yesterday on this forum. I agree with you. I like that song and I think LM could've done something really awesome with it, maybe even brought out Leigh's wasted rap skills to bear and made more RnB (I prefer the demo version of that track to the f(x) personally). Just thinking about Jesy dancing to this song makes me sad at whoever said no to it. I wonder what other songs they've slept on. As for them being bland, have to disagree.

Syco and their artists appear to have a particularly bad record at turning down hits (Leona - Burn/We Found Love). I'm not sure whether this is down to the record label or the artists themselves. I personally don't like Red Light, but I think the LM version would have been much different
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree but isn't it lovely how taste works.

Yes I'm shocked people like it, it's decent up until the beat changes then it loses me, but you and I both know this is not Little Mix's style, It's very well possible they can have a pop/r'n'b hit look at Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just talking about this song yesterday on this forum. I agree with you. I like that song and I think LM could've done something really awesome with it, maybe even brought out Leigh's wasted rap skills to bear and made more RnB (I prefer the demo version of that track to the f(x) personally). Just thinking about Jesy dancing to this song makes me sad at whoever said no to it. I wonder what other songs they've slept on. As for them being bland, have to disagree.

Well this beat is a bop. This would sound amazing in the clubs ... Something LM should venture to .

Edit : I'm sure if they recorded this they will have to re work it maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, Ed Sheeran's doing really well. He actually moved to the States, didn't he?
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see LM have cancelled the US tour to concentrate on the 3rd Album.
    Like yeah ! They couldn't put back recording a 3rd album to later?
    Bad move gonna leave a lot of people disappointed and a sign they are not in control of their own destiny.

Actually sometimes it's ok to play to smaller audiences.
    U2 had to do that for some years before they broke the US.
    Poor show.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Well this beat is a bop. This would sound amazing in the clubs ... Something LM should venture to .

It think they could come out with some club bangers. Red Light's beat is along the same lines as Salute. I like the R&B stuff but they could mix it up this coming album.
    Damn, Ed Sheeran's doing really well. He actually moved to the States, didn't he?

Yes I was talking about him a few days ago when I said that Columbia aren't prioritising LM because they're not living there (and don't seem to want to be). Ed moved to the States a couple of years ago and toured with Taylor Swift, they are good friends now. He lives in California and has been writing songs for/with other artists. He even spent thanksgiving with Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston lol.

Sam Smith is also doing really well in an Adele route of having hit radio songs and some choice promo. His guest spots on Disclosure and Naughty Boy tracks coincided with his own album launch and he was brilliant on SNL.

I see the LM website still has the US tour dates on there. Their manager needs to sort their Modest team out instead of partying with the girls.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annecka their manager is not out partying and is never even in photos anymore. She's a hard worker.

People, stop swallowing the "work on our album" Koolaid. Its obviously a facesaving excuse.
    One rumour going round twitter is that Perrie is pregnant so the poor girl is going to get her stomach stared at for a few months.

According to Twitter LM must be awash in babies. This is Perrie's 4th time pregnant and Leigh and Jesy have been knocked up too.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    In other news...:D
    LITTLE MIX - MOVE
    Gold Certification (Single) 04 July 2014
    SONY MUSIC (SYCO MUSIC)
    Released

http://www.bpi.co.uk/certified-awards.aspx
  • Options
    iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Well Korean group f(x) just released this song Red Light. It was apparently pitched to LM last year, but they rejected it. Maegan Cottone who co-wrote Move wrote it.

The f(x) version is really good, and it looks like LM have missed out on a big hit here. Their music video has reached 2.7m views in just one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv-8-EgPEY0

It seems a bit of a silly strategy for Syco to be rush releasing their albums if they are missing out on hits like this, but then I supposed they wouldn't get a say at a label like Syco. I think LM have been really bland so far, a song like this would have given them some edge.
    f(x) is one of the best K-pop groups imo. They are extremely underrated. Krystal, Luna and Amber killed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Yay!

LITTLE MIX - MOVE
    Gold Certification (Single) 04 July 2014
    SONY MUSIC (SYCO MUSIC)
    Released 03 November 2013
    Certification History:
    Silver Certification 06 December 2013

I forgot it went Silver so fast. They have 3 Gold records now.
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! So happy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Just heard about the tour cancellation and I feel really gutted for US fans but also glad that the girls can spend more time on the album. I'm aware of the "spending more time on the album" as a probable excuse for the cancellation, but they were hardly gonna annnounce to the world that it was because of sales.

My take on everything is s**t happens in life and you just have to move on from it and come back stronger with an amazing album. I want the girls to concentrate on adding much more creativity to their songs while keepinng in mind that they have to make radio-friendly hits. I know they can do it because of their enormous drive. I just hope the twitter hate would stop because it's not like it was the girls' fault entirely.

Maybe the girls could do some free shows in the US later in the year to make it up to the fans...it seems far-fetched but its something to keep the fanbase happy.

Oh and bravo for another gold certified single!! Move has always been one of my favourites :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    93Grapes wrote: »
    My take on everything is s**t happens in life and you just have to move on from it and come back stronger

Yep. Its not any album that's make or break, its how the girls handle themselves and their careers going forward.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    Happy that move is now gold,
  • Options
    LinzthephotogLinzthephotog Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Does anyone knows if the live stream will be able to view later? I'll be at work while it's going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good news!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Love that Red Light song and think LM would have killed it, especially since their vocals seem to be stronger than that girl group's. Weirdly I can imagine Perrie sounding amazing on that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    https://twitter.com/IAmDuvall/status/484263330568470528

This tweet - 'Nasty' = possible song title? I know Pixie Lott did it first but....
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDDDDNA wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/IAmDuvall/status/484263330568470528

This tweet - 'Nasty' = possible song title? I know Pixie Lott did it first but....

*Janet Jackson
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @RycardoGomez: Situations are Situations !!! If you don't understand OK fair enough but RESPECT ! #EnoughSaid
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Janet Jackson

Fair point :D
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That song is crap.

Going to agree with you there :p
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the girl group shade in this forum hard to swallow at times, but the f(x) shade is on a whole other level, I'm done with you all! >:( :p

Move going Gold is great news, does that include streaming now though?
This discussion has been closed.