WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sydney Rae White as a Thal.

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Gillian Anderson as an upper class Victorian woman who tires of her life as a Lady and runs away with the Doctor. No prophecy girls, no impossible mystery about her... Capaldi and Scully, uh, Gillian! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Had it's flaws but one thing I liked about the "Pond era" was the extra dynamic they had when Rory and River and co were on board. I wouldn't want it to get packed, like with the 5th Doctor, or some of the 1st's, but I'd quite like an ensemble on the TARDIS, with several different companions, possibly from different times and places, with various different relationships with the Doctor, maybe have the sort of cosiness that came with U.N.I.T. etc? Could have your average, 21st century girl companion, but maybe also an alien or something who doesent get how to interact with others, or an initially untrustworthy person maybe...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has there even been a brother/sister aboard the TARDIS? That might be fun.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valourant wrote: »
    Has there even been a brother/sister aboard the TARDIS? That might be fun.

Maybe in our future.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shapeshifting penguin
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    Shapeshifting penguin

Still a better idea than Kamelion.

I like the idea of an ensemble cast of two companions and maybe another couple of River like ones who come in and out - although thinking about it that probably covers the Paternoster Gang.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Female shapeshifter?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alien companion of course. An alien companion who doesn't get Earth-things. One of my favorite things about Adric and Nyssa was that they were aliens, so things that human understood easily flew right over their heads.

Four is about to do something tricky and tells Adric to "cross his fingers", and Adric crosses his index fingers, looking confused. It also never fails to amuse me how clueless he and Nyssa are when Tegan explains cricket.

But if we're going for general story ideas? How about a companion, who prior to meeting the Doctor, complemented suicide? "A Day in the Death" is one of my favorite Torchwood stories because it deals with that issue, in which Owen meets a woman about to jump off a building, but ends on a rather uplifting note even it's ambiguous whether she jumps or not. That story was rather hopeful despite the main theme of the series being that everything was awful and depressing and that nothing good ever happened.

I think Doctor Who could also do well with that; take a character who think lowly of who they are, and watch them grow and better themselves as they travel with him, eventually leaving in order to face their own problems on their own two feet.
  • Options
    chattswhochattswho Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Personally i used to like the companions of old who just joined or teamed up with the doctor with no stories or families behind them, & whose characters developed as the series wore on.