Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    How can David and family afford a trip to Barbados? They are hardly in well paid jobs and they have a house to run/pay for as well. A total SOR.
    /QUOTE]

Doesnt beckys partner own/manage a hotel in barbados? Im guessing that accomodation is free while they are there so its only the flights they have to pay for.

Yes they have a mortgage but they also both work so no reason they cant afford a holiday.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    How can David and family afford a trip to Barbados? They are hardly in well paid jobs and they have a house to run/pay for as well. A total SOR.
    /QUOTE]

Doesnt beckys partner own/manage a hotel in barbados? Im guessing that accomodation is free while they are there so its only the flights they have to pay for.

Yes they have a mortgage but they also both work so no reason they cant afford a holiday.

... and we're glossing over the fact that Lily and Max are unlikely to have passports? :confused:
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the biggest SOR's is that everyone who has a baby or a toddler is able to go out to work and afford full time childcare, even though they just work for probably the minimum wage. None of the kids have grandparents that look after them , either, as they all work as well, I mean who looks after Lily, Jake, Hope, Ruby, etc., during the day?
  • FionnBFionnB Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    One of the biggest SOR's is that everyone who has a baby or a toddler is able to go out to work and afford full time childcare, even though they just work for probably the minimum wage. None of the kids have grandparents that look after them , either, as they all work as well, I mean who looks after Lily, Jake, Hope, Ruby, etc., during the day?

And can then afford to head to the Rovers after work instead of collecting their children!
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    /QUOTE]

Wasn't Becky paying for the tickets?
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David in the salon 'washing' a customers hair (and I had never noticed before that the back wash was in that location). He was rubbing rather unenthusiatically at the hair, then just walked off to continue his conversation, totally ignoring his half washed customer. Tut tut David, no tip for you.
    Not an SOR, but have you noticed that since the set change, Joe's dodgy tiling in Gail's kitchen has gone? Still the same tiles, but now they are aligned properly.
    Why does the (tiny!) living area in Gail's look so much smaller than the same room in Anna's?

They always behave like that in the salon. They do it in the pub too - folks just stand at the bar waiting for service while all sorts of domestics go on around them. And all they get is a " I'll be with you in a minute " and then it's like they're invisible.

And isn't the holiday something to do with Becky ? She lives there now or something. So it's a freeby.
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FionnB wrote: »
    And can then afford to head to the Rovers after work instead of collecting their children!

That part really annoys me as well, they prefer to sit and yak with people they have been with all day instead of rushing home to see their little kids. They're all a bunch of morons anyway in that factory!
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke safeguarding Carla's honour was a SOR (not blabbing "she was totally up for it!") but he gets serious Man Points for it.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »

... and we're glossing over the fact that Lily and Max are unlikely to have passports? :confused:

I think Max has a passport didnt Kylie take him to see Auntie Becky before??? But the baby wont have one.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Meldrewman wrote: »

I think Max has a passport didnt Kylie take him to see Auntie Becky before??? But the baby wont have one.

I'm sure Max has been abroad somewhaere before. god can you imagnine a long haul flight with that lot?
  • spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,036
    Forum Member
    Max suddenly gets ADHD, like it just happens, then it will be forgotten about like Davids epilepsy.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    Max suddenly gets ADHD, like it just happens, then it will be forgotten about like Davids epilepsy.

Am I the only one who thinks that the portrayal of ADHD in Corrie is insulting to sufferers. If the soaps wish to include such problems they really have to decide to do the job properly - not just an instant arrival and just as speedy departure of the story.

It doesn't help in this case that the child playing Max is of limited acting ability and playing the ADHD scenes very poorly.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FionnB wrote: »

When I was working and had young children I had to dash back home as soon as I could to pick them up. I would imagine that's the case for most working parents.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alya.

Why on earth would she agonise about nothing happening?
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Stuart Blackburn said on This Morning, David and Kylie will return from holiday very different, and Max will have behaviour problems.
    I thought he already did.

Does that mean they will have head transplants.?:o
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Does that mean they will have head transplants.?:o

Max might!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Stuart Blackburn said on This Morning, David and Kylie will return from holiday very different, and Max will have behaviour problems.
    I thought he already did.

Maybe they are changing the actors!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Maybe they are changing the actors!

Can't imagine David being replaced after all this time, and a different Kylie would be, well, odd! Max on the other hand....:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% agree. I actually stopped watching Corrie ages ago (I think I stopped around the time Maria and Marcus were looking at houses but just before she caught him and Todd) but I check this thread every day :D The forums in general are better than any of the soaps but this thread is the crème de la crème

My 86 year old mum has finally had enough! She used to watch it all the time and couldn't ever miss an episode but she hasn't watched for a couple of months now. I stopped a couple of years ago, so was only watching it when I visited and most of the plots are ridiculous and characters awful. I remember the best times in the late 70s/80s.

I know lots of people are calling for Stuart Blackburn to go but what about a new writing team. Do they change them often? They need fresh people and change them around a lot. Although soaps have been running for so long now that there is nothing new to write about and this ratings war is stupid. I think people are more intelligent than this and we need some more really good dramas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    I know lots of people are calling for Stuart Blackburn to go.

Is there a petition we can sign somewhere? :D

(btw, my 79 year old mum is considering giving it up too....)
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Just loved how Katy put two and two together, talking aimlessly as if her answer was staring right there. Oh wait, it was! Alya's facial expressions -- could she have made it any more obvious?
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Just loved how Katy put two and two together, talking aimlessly as if her answer was staring right there. Oh wait, it was! Alya's facial expressions -- could she have made it any more obvious?

It was the most feeble break up ever. Especially as they have a child to consider. It was as if they were deciding to buy a different type of coffee or something.
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary doesn't play in the back garden with Jake, he "just happens" to play in the tiny front so Alya "just happens" to walk by closely followed by Izzy who "just happens" to walk by. Todd and Jonny "just happen" to come out of the Bistro as Eileen and Jason "just happen" to walk along the street shortly followed by Marcus and Maria who "just happen" to walk round the corner. Luke and Steph "just happen" to walk by the shop while the police are inside questioning Rob and Tracey.

It's becoming more fun to spot when people don't "just happen" to walk by at opportune moments.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    Gary doesn't play in the back garden with Jake, he "just happens" to play in the tiny front so Alya "just happens" to walk by closely followed by Izzy who "just happens" to walk by. Todd and Jonny "just happen" to come out of the Bistro as Eileen and Jason "just happen" to walk along the street shortly followed by Marcus and Maria who "just happen" to walk round the corner. Luke and Steph "just happen" to walk by the shop while the police are inside questioning Rob and Tracey.

It's becoming more fun to spot when people don't "just happen" to walk by at opportune moments.

Whose front garden was Gary in? I didn't know Anna and Owen had one. :confused: Maybe its a pop up garden from the same place Eileen gets her bedrooms?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whose front garden was Gary in? I didn't know Anna and Owen had one. :confused: Maybe its a pop up garden from the same place Eileen gets her bedrooms?

Owen bullied it round the front.;-):D:D
This discussion has been closed.