Options

The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    If Tracy was to visit, then it would be likely to happen offscreen. Unfortunately, I can't see her maing an onscreen appearance anytime soon but we shall see what the future holds for the show.

NOO!!
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    NOO!!

No what?:o You want Tracy to return?:)
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    A nice number of people have viewed this thread as well. At least one of my threads is doing well - the Comic Relief Does Glee Club thread had 90% of posts from me.

Elly Brewer, lead writer on TDG, tweeted about writing story lines for the second series - what would we like to see?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Hi, you can call me Leah! I've been reading this thread since the very beginning but I didn't have the guts to post on here.

I'll leave a proper reply later, but I just wanted to say a quick hello first!

:)
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome Leah :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -leah- wrote: »
    Hi, you can call me Leah! I've been reading this thread since the very beginning but I didn't have the guts to post on here.

I'll leave a proper reply later, but I just wanted to say a quick hello first!

:)

Welcome.

Well, this is what these forums and threads are for, putting your views across.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a 35 year old male and I love Tracy Beaker and The dumping ground.
    It takes me back to watching CBBC as a kid and loving shows like this.
    I have also been known to read a few Jacqueline Wilson books
    That is my guilty pleasure!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice to hear :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Welcome Leah :)

Thank you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Welcome.

Well, this is what these forums and threads are for, putting your views across.

That is very true! And thanks. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am a 35 year old male and I love Tracy Beaker and The dumping ground.
    It takes me back to watching CBBC as a kid and loving shows like this.
    I have also been known to read a few Jacqueline Wilson books
    That is my guilty pleasure!!!

Ha, yes, don't worry, I know a fair few adults who watch The Dumping Ground and Tracy Beaker Returns!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    :D can see Electra being more aggressive..

Nathan was my faveourite care worker we need that kind of comedy back in the dumping ground

I agree. Nathan was comedic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi!, I'm back!

Right, What would you like to see happen in Series 2?

Me:
    -Jody,Floss and Mo get fostered!!!!
    -An old TSOTB character returns- Possibly Crash?
    -New care-worker! Someone like Nathan.
    - Liam returns to see Frank!

Hmm.. good question! I'd like to see Floss, Mo and Tyler be fostered - I haven't warmed to them. I'd also like to see Harry join in more of the plot, as he is now about Tee's age when it was series 1 of Tracy Beaker Returns; she was involved a lot when she was his age.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish this thread would stay active, where are the likes of thehordeoftrav, CrazyLoop, Fiercefanatic and milliejo? :D
    Oh I get a mention :eek: I haven't been very well so only just saw this

*waves to all*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry to hear that, CrazyLoop :(

*waves back*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Oh I get a mention :eek: I haven't been very well so only just saw this

*waves to all*

Get better soon!!!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ha, yes, don't worry, I know a fair few adults who watch The Dumping Ground and Tracy Beaker Returns!

The Dumping Ground & Tracy Beaker Returns surely wouldn't be so popular if solely kids watched it. I think they were aiming for a sort of family audience when they were producing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmm.. good question! I'd like to see Floss, Mo and Tyler be fostered - I haven't warmed to them. I'd also like to see Harry join in more of the plot, as he is now about Tee's age when it was series 1 of Tracy Beaker Returns; she was involved a lot when she was his age.

Harry did look around Tee's age, but in reality during series 1 of TBR, she was actually 12 while looking about 9, and she has 'dramatically' grown like some of the other characters :D

You've only seen Mo and Floss for a few episodes so it's a bit early to say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. Nathan was comedic!

And a klutz as I mentioned before :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Dumping Ground & Tracy Beaker Returns surely wouldn't be so popular if solely kids watched it. I think they were aiming for a sort of family audience when they were producing it.

Yes, I also think that. It's a great show and I'm so pleased that adults seem to love it - my parents watch it from time to time and I know a few people over the ages of 18 who love it! :) And then of course there's my friend whom is the same age as me, and we are both avid fans of the show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't seem to warm to people who stick labels for certain shows - saying that because it is on CBBC, it's a kids show whereas that isn't exactly the case.

I wonder if the BBC are willing to show one of the episodes during a Saturday afternoon on BBC1, just to give it a wider audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harry did look around Tee's age, but in reality during series 1 of TBR, she was actually 12 while looking about 9, and she has 'dramatically' grown like some of the other characters :D

You've only seen Mo and Floss for a few episodes so it's a bit early to say.

I know, it's crazy! :)

That is true. I prefer Mo to Floss.. but I'm interested in hearing what their backgrounds are like.

My favourite characters are Tee, Harry, Elektra and Gus before he left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is true. I prefer Mo to Floss.. but I'm interested in hearing what their backgrounds are like.

They've 'minimally' mentioned their backgrounds - Floss used to run away from her mum and Mo used to live in a shed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't seem to warm to people who stick labels for certain shows - saying that because it is on CBBC, it's a kids show whereas that isn't exactly the case.

I wonder if the BBC are willing to show one of the episodes during a Saturday afternoon on BBC1, just to give it a wider audience.

Oh, I hope so! That'd be great to see. The Dumping Ground definitely needs a wider audience!

It's strange to be on Digital Spy now having followed this thread for so long! Nice though. :) Oh, and I hope that didn't sound odd, heh...!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They've 'minimally' mentioned their backgrounds - Floss used to run away from her mum and Mo used to live in a shed.

Ah, I must have missed Floss' background reference - my memory is quite poor, I must admit. Her background does sound interesting though! Looking forward to the next series.