Options

Julie Goodyear - OMG!

PontywarriorPontywarrior Posts: 8,142
Forum Member
Well I have really gone off her tonight.

Why does she adore Jasmine? They only met a few days ago.

Julie used the same reason to nominate Colleen so why is she so sympathetic?

I really don't like her now!

Comments

• Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Oh ffs here we go. Not liking someone because they like someone else. How petty. I cannot stand Jasmine, but I would not judge Julie because she is friends with someone :rolleyes:
  • Options
    WhitiaminWhitiamin Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

agree.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love Julie. Respect that she is supporting Jasmine
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she dislikes Danica.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Oh ffs here we go. Not liking someone because they like someone else. How petty. I cannot stand Jasmine, but I would not judge Julie because she is friends with someone :rolleyes:

What are you on about? :confused:

I don't like being sworn at for posting an opinion - how rude of you!

I don't care who Julie likes or not, my point was that it was a bit OTT to say that they adore a person having just met her.

If you can't have an adult discussion then please don't bother posting!
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was really shocked by that :D. Did not expect that especially as she gave the same reason for nominating Coleen.

I think you saw it as a lot of airtime exposure. Drama Queen of the highest order.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She just saw someone she liked was upset and tried to help. I don't see anything bad about that.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add in too that Jasmine said she would not trust either of Julie or Cheryl after their opening night soap row task.
    Strange mates, Julie and Jasmine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Julie is feeling very sorry for Jasmine.
  • Options
    essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Julie but tonight has annoyed me a bit with her yes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was very indifferent towards Julie Goodyear but have to say I am not at all impressed.

I thought the way she acted over nominations last night was really OTT and dramatic and the way she is behaving towards Jasmine.

A true friend should be telling Jasmine that it is only a game show and not to let it get to her.

Personally I think JG is playing a game - I wouldn't trust her based on what we have seen so far.
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I think Julie might see a bit of her younger self in Jasmine (or maybe Bet)
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Goodyear needs to get a grip.
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member

I don't care who Julie likes or not, my point was that it was a bit OTT to say that they adore a person having just met her.

OMG Calm down dear!! :rolleyes:

The BIB this forum goes OTT within a day claiming they adore HM's. What's the difference???

Oh and I will carry on posting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    Goodyear needs to get a grip.

Very droll! :p
  • Options
    Bionic01Bionic01 Posts: 1,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her more after tonight, and I don't particularly like Jasmine
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jasmine was clearly very upset, Julie was just being kind imho. She should be lambasted for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's very rough.
  • Options
    Parric74Parric74 Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank goodness someone else sees sense. Her potty mouth has put me off of her. I thought Julie was going to act like a woman of wisdom because of her age. But the way she reacted to having to Nominate in front of everyone and the way she was tonight then I feel that she not who I thought she would be. Cheryl maybe disappointed in a few days time when she gets to know Julie more.

I feel that maybe Julie isn't this tough women we like to think she is. She nearly had a nervous breakdown doing the noms and Harvey had to comfort her and now she has seen Jasmines nasty side she may feel that she needs to stay on her good side. To me they both seem to pick on the weak ones.

I know that everyone loves Julie but count me out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member
    I love that she loves Jasmine. Julie is the matriarch. If Jasmine actually stays, it should be great fun. :D The matriarch has her back. :D
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »

Agreed, Julie likes to be loved and admired. Simple really. As long as everyone in the house loves her she'll be fine. Tonight we saw her lovefest with Cheryl who is now her mater and we also saw Julie making sure that Jasmine loves her. Watch her play all of them. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I quite like Jasmine, Julie likes her and does not want to see her upset, sweet of her really.:)
  • Options
    sonicginandtonisonicginandtoni Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like her more now. I can't really stand Jasmine and think she is of her rocker (although she is a very entertaining housemate) but I think this has shown a different side to Julie. When she first waltzed in chewing on her gum, I didn't think she would ever show a 'mothering' or 'comforting' side to her. Maybe she sees some parrallels between certain things in her life and in Jasmine's life, like having to raise their children without a father. So maybe she reminds her of herself in a small way. But for some reason I thought Julie would despise Jasmin...I hate to make pre judgments but *sometimes* (not often, but occasionally) certain older women can be a bit snidy towards younger ones. They are really an unlikely pairing, I would have expected Julie to prefer even Danica or Rhian before Jasmine because their backgrounds are more simular to hers maybe. But I wouldn't hate Julie just because she likes another housemate, even though I think Jasmine is bonkers...
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Theatrical types are fairly well known for that sort of guff.
    Means nowt, it's just the way a lot of them are.
  • Options
    sonicginandtonisonicginandtoni Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah but it in that house you are together 24/7, wheras in the real world, the first time you meet someone you might be around them a few hours, and then probably wait at least a week before you meet them again. In there you probably get to know people alot quicker, especially if you choose to hang around with them alot. And I'm sure Julie realises Jasmine won't be particularly popular on the outside, which I think shows she isn't using her to get ahead..if that was the case she would be sucking up to Martin