Options

Netflix UK streaming selection

QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
Forum Member
Is it just me, or has it got smaller? I'm seriously considering cancelling. I'm sure Matrix used to be available to stream instantly? Now it's not (I assume it's only available through DVD rental?)

Tbh, I wasn't aware that Netflix did that. I always thought that the entire library (which was never the best to begin with) was available to stream?

Is love film any better? How much is Sky Movies these days? And don't Sky have a streaming service when you subscribe to their movie package?

I'm thinking that might be the way to go if it's not much more expensive?

Comments

• Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sky's is around £16 a month but you have to have a sky entertainment package.
    I chose Sky Movies as they have many films in HD.
    And they are some on demand and they also have a Sky Store but there is quite a few you can watch on line for free to if you have these.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Use Unblock-US(free 7 day trial then around £3.20 a month thereafter) and open up a whole new Netflix world.
    Among other films like The Matrix Trilogy, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows has just been added to Denmark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's Netfix cancelled. Shame. Great idea, but it seems Sky have a stranglehold on new releases here.

So Sky have a streaming service that you can use if you subscribe to their movie package?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    That's Netfix cancelled. Shame. Great idea, but it seems Sky have a stranglehold on new releases here.

So Sky have a streaming service that you can use if you subscribe to their movie package?

It is a shame, I had high hopes for netflix, especially as its all online streaming, but it really is lacking in content for UK customers.

Lovefilm isnt much better, but in my experience it has a little more and there is the added benefit of the choice to receive discs too. Which is helpful as many (most) titles are disc only rentals.

I think the Netflix vs Lovefilm thing comes down to what you watch and whether discs as an option would benefit you.

As for Sky, I believe that when you subscribe to their movie channels, you can then stream movies through the TV. I'm not a subscriber though so not sure exactly how it works.

:)
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP since when do Netflix do disc rentals?
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    David_Hill wrote: »
    OP since when do Netflix do disc rentals?

They do in the US.
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use a proxy server so I have access to the far superior versions of Netflix. The UK one is easily the worst one with the least selection.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why don't you take GONZO's advice? Netflix with Unblock US is great and since I have had it I have found Netflix the complete opposite to you. Infact the problem I often find is it too addictive.:D
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you take GONZO's advice? Netflix with Unblock US is great and since I have had it I have found Netflix the complete opposite to you. Infact the problem I often find is it too addictive.:D

^^This. Netflix without unblock-us (or other services) is just not worth it in the UK. However with...its awesome. Danish netflix has, as mentioned, The Matrix trilogy and The Lord of the Rings. Use a webpage like moreflicks and you can search all the diiferent verisons of netflix for what you want,
  • Options
    Forum Member

Because it sounds pretty illegal. And that's just not how I role.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unblock is not illegal there are other alternatives too. I use unblock and just the otherday i watched the hunger games on netflix brazil. It really is worth the £9p/m imo for both neflix and unblock.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

It's not illegal to use a VPN.
    You could get into the legal technicalities of viewing content from other regions, but then within your subscription Netflix allow roaming while 'Traveling' and they're fully aware of who's watching what and when.
    I'm pretty sure if there were some serious legal ramifications then Netflix would very easily make it that you can only access the region you opened the account with.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My workplace uses a US proxy and so do many businesses so how can it be illegal? If anything should be illegal it should be the exclusive deals that Sky have in this Country that makes it difficult for the likes of Netflix to sign deals for the UK.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did look into this and found no evidence it was illeagal to do this. Unblock away my friend :D