Phelan, I think or Tina?
  • Paulo LeedsPaulo Leeds Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, I wondered which...
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made no sense what so ever... I even had to ask the wife... and we very rarely speak...
    It was if she knew about Gary and Kal's Daughter...

Why should they break up and if anything Izzy saying she didn't love Gary anymore... :confused:

I may have missed it too...
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was regarding the whole Phelan debacle. I guess we're meant to believe they've grown out of love because of it but it hasn't been very well written and has seemingly come out of the blue.

What's going to happen Izzy now? I think they axed the wrong sister.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she meant Tina, that the rot started when he'd tried to snog her face off and the Phelan stuff afterwards was added pressure, considering it all started with stupid Garry - she thought she was telling him something in confidence but that lummox had to go and whack Phelan with a piece of 2x2 (or whatever he used) and landed them all in the sh!t!

But I definitely thought she meant Tina - but what do I know :blush::D
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their relationship wasn't exactly resilient, was it?
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    She meant Phelan. It was an ironic line because Anna and Owen had finally made progress...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was Gary I'd be glad to be shut, I know he's a plonker but she did nothing but put him down & belittle him in front of everybody.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I thought she meant Tina, that the rot started when he'd tried to snog her face off and the Phelan stuff afterwards was added pressure, considering it all started with stupid Garry - she thought she was telling him something in confidence but that lummox had to go and whack Phelan with a piece of 2x2 (or whatever he used) and landed them all in the sh!t!

But I definitely thought she meant Tina - but what do I know :blush::D

I remember Owen saying it was 2x4, what you are referencing is Noah's Arc, the animals went in 2 by 2 hoorah :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were a strange coupling anyway, never saw an ounce of affection between them.
    Me and the missus are more affectionate and we absolutely despise each other.

I refuse to believe they ever 'consummated' their relationship, that's why they couldn't have kids of their own I suspect.
    Gary was more interested in crying over Quinny and eating curries, whilst Izzy was only happy if she was trundling into Anna's house, leaning forward to have a right good nosey before her chair had even gotten through the door.

On another note, how pretty did Faye look with all her lovely make-up on last night?
    The lass looked a million dollars I thought.
    I bet the lads at school were fighting over her, all wanting to be her boyfriend now.

Hope she picks 'the one' wisely, I wouldn't want her to end up in the club or 'owt,
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were a strange coupling anyway, never saw an ounce of affection between them.
    Me and the missus are more affectionate and we absolutely despise each other.

I refuse to believe they ever 'consummated' their relationship, that's why they couldn't have kids of their own I suspect.
    Gary was more interested in crying over Quinny and eating curries, whilst Izzy was only happy if she was trundling into Anna's house, leaning forward to have a right good nosey before her chair had even gotten through the door.

On another note, how pretty did Faye look with all her lovely make-up on last night?
    I bet the lads at school were fighting over her, all wanting to be her boyfriend now.

Hope she picks 'the one' wisely, I wouldn't want her to end up in the club or 'owt,

Hahaha she looked ridiculous and then they were saying, you're only 12 and I'm still thinking, are you sure she is only 12? I know I'm going to get the age police on my case now saying that some twelve year olds look like they are 17 blah, blah, blah but I still believe this girl is poorly cast and they should have got someone else, not Sawphie's cousin who can't bloody act.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and the missus are more affectionate and we absolutely despise each other.I refuse to believe they ever 'consummated' their relationship, that's why they couldn't have kids of their own I suspect.

These equisite little vignettes into your private life are fascinating UQ.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These equisite little vignettes into your private life are fascinating UQ.

They are but part of me feels like Uncle Q is a James Barton type guy, there's some question marks lol, with the wit of Blanche Hunt and the charm for Richard Hillman :D

I kid, I kid.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She meant Phelan. It was an ironic line because Anna and Owen had finally made progress...

I thought she meant Phelan. I don't think it can have been Tina because that turned out all right, Tina gave up Jake and they were all friends, or at least getting on OK.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She looked like a bloody clown:o:D
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to switch off when Izzy appears on screen, the character annoys me with her dreary tone. Expect more whining tonight when
    Gary's one night stand comes out.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't care why they've broken up, I'm just glad it's finally happened. Dreadful couple.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I really don't care why they've broken up, I'm just glad it's finally happened. Dreadful couple.

I agree, they've been together far too long!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I agree, they've been together far too long!

Indeed, in soap years it must be about about 50 :o

I agree that the comment was ironic what with Anna and Owen just managing to get over the whole Phelan scenario but also I think it was dramatic irony as we know about Gary nearly straying with that girl who always seems to be passing by wherever Gary or Izzy happen to be on the street.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she meant Phelan. I don't think it can have been Tina because that turned out all right, Tina gave up Jake and they were all friends, or at least getting on OK.
    I still think she meant it started with Gary trying to shag Tina, (irrelevant that he only actually managed to bag a brief snog, thanks to Tina - he was well up for it). Sure, Izzy may have allowed the cracks to be papered over for the sake of BehbehJerk but there isn't a woman alive imo who wouldn't have that betrayal festering away inside of them for evermore. >:(

Gary being a total twunt over the Phelan thing was just the final nail in the coffin of any respect she might once have had for him imo.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I remember Owen saying it was 2x4, what you are referencing is Noah's Arc, the animals went in 2 by 2 hoorah :D

LOL!!! I've got that tune going through my head now! Oh bloomin' hell, it's gonna be there all day now >:(:D

But there is a 2x2 plank of wood - and it probably has more sense than Garry! :D
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I still think she meant it started with Gary trying to shag Tina, (irrelevant that he only actually managed to bag a brief snog, thanks to Tina - he was well up for it). Sure, Izzy may have allowed the cracks to be papered over for the sake of BehbehJerk but there isn't a woman alive imo who wouldn't have that betrayal festering away inside of them for evermore. >:(

Gary being a total twunt over the Phelan thing was just the final nail in the coffin of any respect she might once have had for him imo.

Glad it's not just me who thinks that. I think for most people financial strife would be more forgivable than lusting after the local hotty who's carrying a baby for the pair of you. I would imagine that that would start the rot in quite a few relationships.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me who thinks that. I think for most people financial strife would be more forgivable than lusting after the local hotty who's carrying a baby for the pair of you. I would imagine that that would start the rot in quite a few relationships.
    Lotteh, when you're right, you're right - and in this case, (and not for the first time imho), we're right. :cool:;-)
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, in soap years it must be about about 50 :o

I agree that the comment was ironic what with Anna and Owen just managing to get over the whole Phelan scenario but also I think it was dramatic irony as we know about Gary nearly straying with that girl who always seems to be passing by wherever Gary or Izzy happen to be on the street.

In memory of Tina :D I knew she didn't even know her, but that didn't stop MourningSteph.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    True.

Call me mad but I like teary Izzeh. Find her more tolerable than fishwife Anna, **** matey Katy, lunkhead Gary or bully boy Owen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Izzy's eyes were bulging massively last night, when they were calmly discussing their relationship over chips.
    (they couldn't afford anything to go with the chips mind, not even a sausage in batter)

So imagine how big they're gonna be tonight when she finds out Gary's been trying to bed that Alma piece who keeps bumping into them in the street.
    They'll be like ruddy saucers.

Really hope we get some Izzy 'crying' scenes as well, I've bought beer and crisps just in case.