Options

Mick and Linda - do you like them as a couple?

ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't care when people say the Carters are too dominant but I just love Linda and Mick as a couple. They have chemistry and they are so believable as a couple who's been together for more than 20 years. I really can't wait for Mick and Linda's wedding now :). I really hope Mick and Linda don't ever split up in future.

Thoughts?

Mick and Linda - do you like them as a couple? 110 votes

Yes
90%
CrazyChickpembo2004Charkymintchocchiptripitakahaphashvaldmossy2103sajanjamesc_715dd68Sick Bulletedduk1981_elly001ameredith[Deleted User]Sez_babeShazla09ImOnlyWeeMandy73 99 votes
No
10%
SuburbanqueenForGodsSakeJohn DougholivejArtymagssezzie[Deleted User]Last Requestmarcus_drewKim_xEll_Ren 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Love them. Best couple in EastEnders definitely!
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. I hate everything that family stands for.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,316
    Forum Member
    Yes

In what way? Linda absolutely loves her children, true she does have set ideas for them but that's when Mick comes along and grounds her. They have their ups and downs but the five of them care for each other very much. Mick was concerned about Johnny being safe with sex, Linda wanted to make sure he got home safely and Nancy was supportive of Johnny and his experience with giannluca. I admire their values, they are there for each other in times of need. So I am perplexed that you hate the fact that they love and care for each other. Isn't that the whole point of families in the first place?
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member

Likewise. A horrible family full of sickly sweet, horrible, pretend love.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Likewise. A horrible family full of sickly sweet, horrible, pretend love.

I don't even have a concept of what love is so I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    Yes
    ALowsley wrote: »
    I don't care when people say the Carters are too dominant but I just love Linda and Mick as a couple. They have chemistry and they are so believable as a couple who's been together for more than 20 years. I really can't wait for Mick and Linda's wedding now :). I really hope Mick and Linda don't ever split up in future.

Thoughts?

totally agree, they should keep them together, happily married couples are seriously unrepresented in Eastenders. I'm bored with the cliche that everyone has to have an affair
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I can imagine them as childhood sweethearts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Love them & the Carters/Wicks in general :)
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Love them and their relationship with the kids, just feels very believable and it's nice to watch a happy family/couple deal with life's little twists and turns.

I just hope they don't go down the predictable route as there's no need for it.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Yes

No surprise there.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    xTonix wrote: »
    No surprise there.

I was totally shocked! :o:D
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Delete.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I was totally shocked! :o:D

Haha :D
  • Options
    ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    I like Mick very much but I can't take to Linda at all. I just don't know what Mick is supposed to see in her.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    I liked them when they first arrived but now I find Mick a little sleazy tbh - I know he is trying to be affectionate with Linda when he touches her and kisses her but there is something - I dont know - cant but my finger on it but it makes me shudder just a little and think "urgh" he is almost slightly controlling in a way
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure. I want to say that I like them but sometimes they get on my nerves.
  • Options
    SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    No
    Artymags wrote: »
    I like Mick very much but I can't take to Linda at all. I just don't know what Mick is supposed to see in her.

Agree - she makes my flesh crawl. Totally false and the over-acting !!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Seeing as they're a nice supportive family who love each other, you must be a right barrel of laughs
  • Options
    B_Bowler27B_Bowler27 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Best couple in soap, love them together. Hope EastEnders don't get tempted to split them up, we need at least one happy couple on the square. Don't think the Carters would be the same without them together.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    B_Bowler27 wrote: »
    Best couple in soap, love them together. Hope EastEnders don't get tempted to split them up, we need at least one happy couple on the square. Don't think the Carters would be the same without them together.
    Agree with your post. And I also think that they're very traditional as well which I happen to like, as although that may appear a bit too old fashioned now, it's still nice to see. Meaning, Linda is very feminine in her thinking etc, and Mick is the alpha male, very macho, and acting in some ways like the head of the family, but not in a Victorian father way. And I just hope they stay like that!
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I really enjoy them and the famiy in general- esepcially Linda- but the overexposure is starting to get to me. Its a shame because I really like them as characters but hoping the Carter dominance won't put me off them.

Funnily enough, I re-read DTC's interview and he said EE wouldn't be the Carter show so I hope it doesn't descend into that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    They're nothing special. I'm still holding out for Stick (Stacey and Mick) though.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's refreshing to have a couple who are supposedly in it for the long hall but they are laying on the "Gorblimey, Luvaduck, Apples n Pears, I luv ya darlin" schtick a tad thick.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best soap couples in soap history
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I like Mick but I don't like Linda. Hate the way she's so overbearing with Johnny (I know he was premature etc but so was I and my parents didn't go that far) and doesn't seem bothered with Nancy. And she ruined the surprise by being nosy!