Humax Portal

IgniteIgnite Posts: 1,851
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

Can someone who is using the portal check something for me please? Does the Youtube part of the portal allow you to watch full programmes on the 4OD and Demand 5 parts of Youtube?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Probably - if you can find them

The problem is, the youtube interface on the portal is almost completely useless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, the YouTube interface on the portal is very poor. It would have been nice if they'd implemented the YouTube Leanback interface on the portal, which is supposed to be more TV-friendly, and gives you the ability to control it from an external device such as a smartphone or a tablet.

http://www.youtube.com/leanback
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to know is there any more links to come to the system as i feel that it's been slow for Humax to add more
  • shrekshrek Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave up using youtube on this box for now I tried to watch a few videos of favourite band and they wouldn't play even though they showed up in rhs column and play/stop buttons appeared, worked fine on my blue-ray player which supports youtube

Why isnt this also support sky player or haver itvplayer on it I know you can do it selecting channel
  • Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shrek wrote: »
    I gave up using youtube on this box for now I tried to watch a few videos of favourite band and they wouldn't play even though they showed up in rhs column and play/stop buttons appeared, worked fine on my blue-ray player which supports youtube

Why isnt this also support sky player or haver itvplayer on it I know you can do it selecting channel

Sky player altered their software,same no play problem with 3view
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I have followed the instruction for connecting my HDR Fox T2 to my network. When I press the yellow button I get the following message “Connection Failed…..Password does not match” The password I am using is correct. I have also put the dongle into my computer. It finds my network, I type the password I get a connection right away. Clearly there is no problem with the dongle but it will not work with my HDR Fox T2. Could there be a problem with the box or the software? The software was added to the HDR Fox T2 as an OTA application. My Technomate Freesat box and Sony TV connect perfectly. Can anyone help?
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have followed the instruction for connecting my HDR Fox T2 to my network. When I press the yellow button I get the following message “Connection Failed…..Password does not match” The password I am using is correct. I have also put the dongle into my computer. It finds my network, I type the password I get a connection right away. Clearly there is no problem with the dongle but it will not work with my HDR Fox T2. Could there be a problem with the box or the software? The software was added to the HDR Fox T2 as an OTA application.
    Is this the Humax supplied dongle or one from a different manufacturer (and if so what make and model)?
    Forum Member
    Yes it is a Humax dongle. It came with instructions in German but Humax provided me an English version.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have followed the instruction for connecting my HDR Fox T2 to my network. When I press the yellow button I get the following message “Connection Failed…..Password does not match” The password I am using is correct. I have also put the dongle into my computer. It finds my network, I type the password I get a connection right away. Clearly there is no problem with the dongle but it will not work with my HDR Fox T2. Could there be a problem with the box or the software? The software was added to the HDR Fox T2 as an OTA application. My Technomate Freesat box and Sony TV connect perfectly. Can anyone help?

Did you try a reboot after connecting the dongle ?
    Forum Member
    Yes I have tried that too.
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Humax use the box to the fullest with the Internet for more iplayers that we all want.
    ITV player.
    4 OD
    5 player.
    Sky player ( please bring it back and working fully so we can have paid tv )

The box looks good and works nice but it's almost year now and all we have is the same amount of links we started with.....

Please Humax get to work and bring the Portal to life with more uses now....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if we could get 4od and itvplayer at least. The youtube player is truly awful if I search for something I cant get any content to work despite being connected to the net works fine if I play content that is poplar for example
  • TrajetTrajet Posts: 2,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    Come on Humax use the box to the fullest with the Internet for more iplayers that we all want.
    ITV player.
    4 OD
    5 player.
    Sky player ( please bring it back and working fully so we can have paid tv )

The box looks good and works nice but it's almost year now and all we have is the same amount of links we started with.....

Please Humax get to work and bring the Portal to life with more uses now....

Agreed. I just took delivery this week of a Humax HDR Fox T2 and although delighted with the rest of the offering I felt slightly let down with the Portal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trajet wrote: »
    Agreed. I just took delivery this week of a Humax HDR Fox T2 and although delighted with the rest of the offering I felt slightly let down with the Portal.

The portal basically provides BBC iPlayer, the rest of it is worthless in its current form (eg. YouTube with rubbish interface, radio player with such a poor selection of stations).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really let down by this box, such an expensive box with very poor portal. I expected more from Humax I have several Humax pvrs and I am now beginning to wish I gone for a different make. On top of that the bloody box lost all the schedule recordings I have no idea why this happened I can only assume it was something outside there control.

My blue-ray player which is almost 2 years old has a better portal than this.
  • Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OwenSmith wrote: »
    The portal basically provides BBC iPlayer, the rest of it is worthless in its current form (eg. YouTube with rubbish interface, radio player with such a poor selection of stations).

You can make a search for stations not listed,I've added several to favourites list.
  • Ace GraceAce Grace Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I am really let down by this box, such an expensive box with very poor portal. I expected more from Humax I have several Humax pvrs and I am now beginning to wish I gone for a different make. On top of that the bloody box lost all the schedule recordings I have no idea why this happened I can only assume it was something outside there control.

My blue-ray player which is almost 2 years old has a better portal than this.

Did you scan for new channels?
    That wipes the schedule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I didnt Ace. Thanks

Ace Grace wrote: »
    Did you scan for new channels?
    That wipes the schedule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really let down by this box, such an expensive box with very poor portal. I expected more from Humax I have several Humax pvrs and I am now beginning to wish I gone for a different make.

Expensive? It's a bargain, like most modern electronics. 7 years ago I paid more for a Pace Twin (considerably more if we factor in inflation), a box with a fraction of the features (no HD, record only one channel, no series link, no portal, no FTP server or media client/server). On top of that the HDR Fox T2 with 1.02.20 software is more reliable than the Pace Twin ultimately became, and it took Pace 3 years to get to reasonable reliability whereas Humax have done it in less than a year.

Yes it's a shame the portal has so little on it. But that doesn't detract from the fact that the box is a bargain with fantastic features. You'll be expecting things for free next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant in terms of what it offers

As I said I have loads of Humax pvrs including freesat pvr none were cheap at the time. We have 6 Humax boxes in various ages around the house. The build quality built pvrs as a rule

This one is major let down, the portal is dire I expected more from Humax to be honest, this clearly isnt fit for purpose

No sky player says on box it has it (missleading) youtube is useless I get better portal from my bluray player by LG

I dont expect things for free I paid good money I expect things to work good, maybe its because I expected more from this compared with other pvrs I had. I paid over £300 for 1tb HDR

OwenSmith wrote: »
    Expensive? It's a bargain, like most modern electronics. 7 years ago I paid more for a Pace Twin (considerably more if we factor in inflation), a box with a fraction of the features (no HD, record only one channel, no series link, no portal, no FTP server or media client/server). On top of that the HDR Fox T2 with 1.02.20 software is more reliable than the Pace Twin ultimately became, and it took Pace 3 years to get to reasonable reliability whereas Humax have done it in less than a year.

Yes it's a shame the portal has so little on it. But that doesn't detract from the fact that the box is a bargain with fantastic features. You'll be expecting things for free next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said I have loads of Humax pvrs including freesat pvr none were cheap at the time. We have 6 Humax boxes in various ages around the house. The build quality built pvrs as a rule

There's a difference between us here. I went from an 8 year old model straight to an HDR Fox T2. The Pace Twin did the job so I didn't replace it. I only upgraded because the Pace Twin isn't DSO compatible. The HDR Fox T2 to me is a Freeview+ PVR, what I wanted was twin tuner recording with HD and series link. I consider the portal to be a bonus and I would have bought the box happily at the same price without it. I use the iPlayer on the portal about once a month.