Options

Girl Number 9 with Gareth David-Lloyd and James Moran

towerstowers Posts: 12,183
Forum Member
✭✭
An official website for James Moran's new internet series Girl Number 9 has now been set up, with updates being added soon.

http://www.canyousaveher.com/Can_You_Save_Her/hold.html

For those who don't yet know about this internet-based crime drama, more info can be found where it says 'download the press release' along with a few pics. It stars Gareth as the head detective trying to solve the murder of 7 girls, Tracey-Ann Oberman (of Eastenders and 'Torchwood London' fame) as his boss and Jo Absolom (also from Eastenders) playing the main suspect who manipulates the team. It was filmed at Elstree Studios and will shown at the end of October.

It will be shown in the form of 6 x 5 minute segments and according to Gareth, if this short story is a success, it could be turned into a full-length series.

Comments

• Options
    syramusyramu Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, sounds interesting. There's stuff to follow on Twitter, too, which is good for me because I'd already gotten over the minor thrill of following random celebs on there, so now Twitter is useful again.
  • Options
    JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ta -i'll look that up definatly sounds good :).
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for starting this thread. The one I started about this and The Casimir Effect seems to have dropped down several pages. Gareth is also filming the Sherlock Holmes film (not the Hollywood one) and is playing Dr Watson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Thanks for starting this thread. The one I started about this and The Casimir Effect seems to have dropped down several pages. Gareth is also filming the Sherlock Holmes film (not the Hollywood one) and is playing Dr Watson.

Since Girl Number 9 is just 4 weeks away now, it shouldn't drop behind too often. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you reading up on Twitter all about the story? Very interesting to follow what is happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you reading up on Twitter all about the story? Very interesting to follow what is happening.

Sort of. I'm not a huge fan of twitter but I check-up on events every week or so.

Apparently Gareth's character doesn't like modern technology, which is why he isn't twittering himself. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just been having a looksee -it looks very interesting i'm looking forward to watching this :).
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    http://www.theasylum.cc/product.php?id=164

Caps from Sherlock Holmes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Girl Number 9's official twitter page, Gareth's character James has a young daughter named Holly, which makes things interesting. We probably won't see her (the drama is just 30 minutes long and every scene has to count) but she might be a motivation for James to get the case solved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the first look at Girl Number 9 with a teaser trailer, gallery and a forum! Looking great!

Girl Number 9
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the first look at Girl Number 9 with a teaser trailer, gallery and a forum! Looking great!

Girl Number 9

Aww can't get that trailer to play :(.. I hope i'll be able to watch the episodes ..was looking forward to that ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Thanks Gill. Looks good and so wonderful to hear even the slightest amount of those wonderful Welsh vowels!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica have you tried clicking the little arrow to the left of the bar at the bottom of the big box?

I had another go and it is quite a while before anything happens. It is sticking a bit too now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica have you tried clicking the little arrow to the left of the bar at the bottom of the big box?

I had another go and it is quite a while before anything happens. It is sticking a bit too now.

Nah just tried again -won't work.It's my computer i've been having trouble with videos for a while now-some just won't play.My friend who works with computers says my computer needs replaced-will be getting a new one at Christmas but will be too late for this ..

Odd thing is I can surf the internet just fine other than the problem with playing videos ..:)

anyway i'll catch up on Girl Number 9 on my sisters computer when I next visit :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the video works better on Firefox than it does on AOL.
    I wonder if the suspect uses threats to James's daughter to get him angry? According to Lyndon on twitter, James can get a bit rough during interviews if pushed too far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, that's why I have no problem. I am on Firefox.

Interesting spoiler, Towers. Thanks - just what I was thinking.

This is becoming seriously creepy and very interesting. It MUST become a full length series, or even a one off. A pilot maybe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, that's why I have no problem. I am on Firefox.

Interesting spoiler, Towers. Thanks - just what I was thinking.

This is becoming seriously creepy and very interesting. It MUST become a full length series, or even a one off. A pilot maybe!

If Girl Number 9 is a success, it might get turned into a feature length internet-movie. I can't see it becoming a full-blown series like Torchwood etc unless it gets the attention of a company with a lot of money to spend like the BBC.

I hope the website has some cast interviews soon. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I want is a copy to watch at my leisure. I wonder if we will be able to do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the website, the case is being reopened. Lyndon's name is Cathryn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Moran has just been interviewed about Girl Number 9 -
    Well, Girl Number 9 is a six-part web thriller. Starting on October 30. It's about...

Scott: How many parts?

James: Six.

Scott: When's it start?

James: Septober 30th.

Scott: What's it about?

James: Following a string of murders, a man is arrested - the evidence is all circumstantial, so they need to get a confession out of him, or he could walk...but as soon as they start the interrogation, they get drawn into his twisted mind games, and discover that all is not as it seems. Every episode has a cliffhanger, there are twists and turns every couple of minutes, and it's very dark and scary.

Scott: So you've written for film, television, and on that awesome 2004 Krazy Kitty Kat monthly calendar. Why an online seral? Why now? Why?

James: We wanted to do something ourselves, that would reach people quickly and easily. Doing it for the web means no execs, no delay, no watering down.

Scott: No money.

James: Exactly. It also meant we could take advantage of the format to make it a cliffhanger style serial. We self financed, but will recoup our costs with advertising, and then if it does well, hopefully we can sell a version of it in some form. DVD, high quality online downloads, etc. Fortunately we got a really cool, cinematic look to the film...

Scott: Is it something that you could try to turn into a feature, or is it currently the format it needs to be?

James: It's custom designed for the format - it's not a tv show or film squashed down and chopped up. We decided the format first, and then worked out the storyline around that. Again, if it does well, then there's the chance of a follow up, or a different format. But this one is exactly what it needs to be.

Scott: Who was your key team? I know you haven't directed before, so clearly someone with talent was nearby.

James: Several people with several talents. My colleague Dan Turner directed episodes 1 to 3, I directed 4 to 6. We had a producer and a full crew. It stars Gareth David-Lloyd from Torchwood, Tracy-Ann Oberman from Doctor Who and Eastenders, and Joe Absolom from Eastenders. Our producers are Martin Baker and Pete Coogan, who produced Labyrinth. And we shot at Elstree Studios, who were brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Facebook website for Girl Number 9 now has a 10 minute video interview with James Moran.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the link to that interview. Interview with James Moran and Dan Turner
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Thanks Gill for the link. I don't have Twitter etc so it was good to see the interview. Getting excited now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You miss a lot if you don't go on Twitter. You can click the links on the Girl Number 9 website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gareth is currently filming an episode of The Bill! Whoopie - prime time television!