Hitman Absolution

MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
Forum Member
So the trailer was released today...

http://gamerant.com/hitman-absolution-trailer-announcement-dom-83802/

Doesn't really show much but I'm just glad that the game is definitely being made. Been too long since we've had new Hitman game. I just hope they don't try something 'edgy' and ruin what made Hitman become popular in the first place like multiple ways to finish a mission and not make it all 'action packed'.

Anyone looking forward to this?

Comments

• Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Me, can't wait!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason ive never got into Hitman but i like the premise...ive seen a few run throughs of Hitman on youtube that looked fun though...will be keeping my eye on this defo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeeeeeeeeessssssssss, Blood Money was awesome!

Although I hope they make it a bit more flexible in terms of AI...some of the things the NPCs do just don't make sense, for example in Mardi Gras level, if you walked into a bar without fancy dress on the door staff would shoot you...
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Hitman.

I think it should be considered an Triple A title, but not nearly enough people play the game properly. The REAL way to play HItman is to go for Silent Assassin rating (essentially never using your gun, never getting detected and onlypulling off stealth kills). However to do this takes ages in observation and execution and learning peoples routines, and I just get the impression a lot of people get bored of that and run and gun a lot of it.

If you play the game 'fire at will' you'll probably only see it as a 7/10 game. If you play it silently and thoroughly it's a 9 or 10/10 game
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    Love Hitman.

I think it should be considered an Triple A title, but not nearly enough people play the game properly. The REAL way to play HItman is to go for Silent Assassin rating (essentially never using your gun, never getting detected and onlypulling off stealth kills). However to do this takes ages in observation and execution and learning peoples routines, and I just get the impression a lot of people get bored of that and run and gun a lot of it.

If you play the game 'fire at will' you'll probably only see it as a 7/10 game. If you play it silently and thoroughly it's a 9 or 10/10 game

That's very true, sneaking around is pretty awesome, trying to do the silent assassin thing...very immersive.

Although I thought a lot of the silent assassin kills relied on dropping heavy objects on people a bit too much!
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I agree with the posters above that it's best to play it to aim for a Silent Assassin rating. Going in all guns blazing isn't fun and it ruins it. I enjoy sneaking around with the fiberwire, spiking people's drinks lol.

I guess if your into fast paced action Hitman isn't really for you. There is a lot that needs to be improved though so I can't wait to see what they do.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've looked from afar, tempted to buy a game in the series but never took the final step. I have no idea, but i certainly feel eager to try the game out now with this title. Hopefully it meets my expectations.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read that this game isn;t exactly like the others in that it's been tweaked for people who don't go silent assassin etc and there's more chance to go shooty bang bang...after the disappointing tweaks they made to Sniper Elite V2 I'm waiting for a second hand copy.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I see the PC Brigade is all over that trailer. Cant wait for this game!
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    alfster wrote: »
    I have read that this game isn;t exactly like the others in that it's been tweaked for people who don't go silent assassin etc and there's more chance to go shooty bang bang...after the disappointing tweaks they made to Sniper Elite V2 I'm waiting for a second hand copy.

I don't want them to go in this direction. I mean if they make sure the 'silent assassins' side of it is tight then it's all good. I don't want to be forced to have go all out.

Plus I don't know if it's me but it's kinda boring just going in all guns blazing. The best part is seeing all the animation, hearing them talk and waiting for the right time and moment to strike. You miss out on a lot if rushing through.

Looking foward to this though, aint bought a new game is ageeesss.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I've looked from afar, tempted to buy a game in the series but never took the final step. I have no idea, but i certainly feel eager to try the game out now with this title. Hopefully it meets my expectations.

I'd buy one of the earlier games on the cheap to get your toes wet. I came to the series at H2 and was hooked immediately. All that sneaking around and was so proud of myself when I got Silent Assassin on Professional setting.

Run and gun doesn't really work for this kind of game. Stealth all the way.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You see that's where games fail! Like Deus Ex it's not totally stealthy and not quite a bang bang shooter. True stealth games have fewer enemies, chances to use your brain and your inventory, and many different ways to kill or not kill people. If Hitman goes shooty shooty then it is a sad sad thing indeed.:(

Bring back Manhunt, now that was a stealth game! Took me ages to get passed that bit in the junkyard!
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    I see the PC Brigade is all over that trailer. Cant wait for this game!

Had it been a bunch of priests being killed in skimpy clothing I wonder if the outcry would have been as great or of a similar nature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    I've never played Hitman before - it came across as a bit po faced, and i don't like the idea of being a realistic assassin. Maybe i'm totally wrong about the tone of the actual games though. The trailer has sold it to me as a crazy Saints Row style game. It's a waste of sexy nuns but it's so clear it isn't real that it shouldn't detract from the fun.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I need to get my girlfriend that nun outfit :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    I need to get my girlfriend that nun outfit :D

Amen to that!

I seriously cannot wait for this game. I remember Silent Assassin and it was SUCH a great game. At first I played through it just shooting and such, I didnt actually realise that the point was to do it stealthily...I was only young!

Anyway, this plus Assassins Creed III and possibly waiting till Christmas to get Forza Horizons (and FM13!) means that I should now be well and truly over CoD. There is absolutely no need for me to buy a FPS. Finally!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Manhunt, now that was a stealth game! Took me ages to get passed that bit in the junkyard!

Manhunt was an amaznig game. the makers had originally thought of it as a more all out game but the beta test players seemed to go all stealthy through it and they realised the stealth part of it was even better than going all out.

The first time a 'baddy' moved into the showdows next to you was a huge shock.

There was also a strange ethical quandry about it that you were killing people who, yes were out to kill you, but in such a way that it made you think about what you were doing.

Much like in Deus Ex where I'm making sure I kill no-one at all and if I do I reload and do that section again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was giong to mention the 'Brothers in Arms' series as a stealth/strategy game...but now they seem to have gone shooty bang bang with the next one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_in_Arms:_Furious_4
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manhunt was an amaznig game. the makers had originally thought of it as a more all out game but the beta test players seemed to go all stealthy through it and they realised the stealth part of it was even better than going all out.

The first time a 'baddy' moved into the showdows next to you was a huge shock.

There was also a strange ethical quandry about it that you were killing people who, yes were out to kill you, but in such a way that it made you think about what you were doing.

Much like in Deus Ex where I'm making sure I kill no-one at all and if I do I reload and do that section again.

Yes Im trying that on Deus Ex but there are too many enemies to make it believeable! :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Im trying that on Deus Ex but there are too many enemies to make it believeable! :cry:

Take your time...it's doable. The only time I have killed people is when I've pressed the knock out button for too long and it goes to kill...only happened twice think.

Not many more than you got in Tenchu and I spent nearly 10minutes once up a tree waiting for a double kill opportunity.

Have your stun gun in hand as well to take out anyone close by and have the double takedown aug.