Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    If one were to book Friday and Saturday nights 31st Jan / 1 Feb, departing on Sunday 2 Feb, the prices are much lower than £150 a night...

Thats very good value for money.

I want to go to Portsmouth now ;)

In fact, every week, I always want to go and stay at the nice places. I should start making a list :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Tommo, I like the look of Taylor's Farm Retreat.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/amber-guest-house.html?aid=307415. Found this for the Amber Guest House.

Ha ha this was me at the start of the week!

Kind of gone off the place now, I would be sure that Ben was thinking I am common and mimicking my accent behind my back!
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Kewl!

If I can get a good rate, we are likely to stay there in winter if we're catching an early morning crossing to France so I will bear that idea firmly in mind, Cherry! :cool:

You MUST! :D
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still shocked at them calling Jason patronising.

Ben may be a spoiled home counties boy with a dislke of men who are from the Asian region. He seemed to have Jason confused with Ali G

I think anyone NOT wanting a pole based swingers orgy will be giving Taylors Retreat a wide berth

I know, there were such a wealth of rude comments from the pair this week, where would you start?

A what BG? list?
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats very good value for money.

I want to go to Portsmouth now ;)

In fact, every week, I always want to go and stay at the nice places. I should start making a list :p

It's staggering good value. They will have done themselves a lot of good with their behaviour this week.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »

A what BG? list?

Sorry...I hit the return button before I had finished posting :o

Have corrected my post now
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another 2 blokes as a couple next week. Must be one a week now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha this was me at the start of the week!

Kind of gone off the place now, I would be sure that Ben was thinking I am common and mimicking my accent behind my back!

I think you're right, I would feel very self conscious going there, bound to be something to bitch about the customer.

Sorry BG, I am too impatient to read everybody's comments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheap publicity.

That worked well for them, didn't it? :rolleyes:

On their website, it really isn't advertised as a b&b - they say...

Welcome page says 'Taylors Farm Retreat. Country House Bed and Breakfast'

http://www.taylorsfarmretreat.co.uk/?page_id=42
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Another 2 blokes as a couple next week. Must be one a week now.

Its getting easy to work out who are going to be on it each week.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    That plaque is soooo going to look out of place at G!

ha! I was thinking the same thing they needed something more modern or even art deco for their lovely place. It really is time the plaque was restyled I wouldn't give it house room not even in the toilet.
    Glad the right ones won - only sorry Ben wasn't last.:(
    What a pillock.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome page says 'Taylors Farm Retreat. Country House Bed and Breakfast'
    So it does! In the title - but makes no mention of breakfast in the "Rooms" body text.

Nor on the prices page (which needs updating :rolleyes:) where it says this...
    Prices
    2010 /2011
    One night or short break stays Prices start from £65 per night
    Self catering holidays April – September £375 per week
    October – March £350 per week

Please phone or email for a price on your Taylor made package. Contact information:

Perhaps sharp businessman Ben doesn't actually understand what a b&b is... ;)
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    If one were to book Friday and Saturday nights 31st Jan / 1 Feb, departing on Sunday 2 Feb, the prices are much lower than £150 a night...

The link came up in US$ Normandie and for only 1 person.
    I looked at just the Friday night for 2 and it was indeed £150 in a luxury suite, which is what I presumed Ben had and Graham had on their night's stay?
    It says the rack rate on that is £225 for the 1 night including breakfast.

I did suggest after their night on the show that it would make a good stop-over for anyone using the ferry, but it's not a destination I'd head for of its own accord if you see what I mean.
    To be fair, none of them were this week.
    But then you never know when people need a room if they're visiting relatives or attending an event of some kind, so it isn't always about holiday destinations.

We've seen a few places like Gill's - she mentioned having contractors stay - remember the Red Telephone Box lady? and the people on the fringe of a Liverpool industrial estate.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its getting easy to work out who are going to be on it each week.

Seems like they must have 4 categories and slot in their applicants into each one.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and he only had a handful of testimonials from 2010 and only one for 2011. Nothing for 2012 at all.
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck haggis!!
    Marthaa wrote: »
    Bleurk -haggis:( Laughed though - in my local Asda today they had a piper in full Scottish dress playing the bagpipes beside a shelf of pre packed haggis!

I like haggis!!! That must make me an honourary Scot. :D
    DamienS wrote: »
    Yay, they won
    Yay!!! G! won!!!

So glad for them. They deserve it, with the Knife and Cleaver coming 2nd.

Good result :)
    Im pleased G Boutique won and the K&C were 2nd but Gill should have been 3rd. Shame on Taylor Retreat.
    Yay! G! Boutique first and Knife and Cleaver second. Great result for a lovely couple, well done Eli and Jason!

Whoop whoop!! Whoop whoop! I am delighted they won.
    Valentine wrote: »
    If that patronising and condescending woman had shushed me, I'd have ripped her throat out with a good lashing of my tongue! Who on earth does she think she is?!:mad:
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    I'm still reeling at Thomasin telling Gill to,'Shoosh then.' I know there have been some rude people on before, but I'm afraid that is not on. It was a real looking down her nose attitude, they unfortunately got Gill's hackles up and I think she did already feel inferior, no need to, unlike the other pair.

What a rude, nasty, supercilious (my latest word) cow! Who the hell does she think she is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommo, I am very interested (or nosey) in how your Scottish trip goes, I bet it will be gorgeous.

I would love a trip up to Edinburgh to do a midnight tour of Mary King Close.
    I promised somebody ages ago that I would post a picture of The Blue Pigeon from TIAB. I am off to have a nose this weekend as it was unfinished the last time I went, so must remind myself to do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it does! In the title - but makes no mention of breakfast in the "Rooms" body text.

Nor on the prices page (which needs updating :rolleyes:) where it says this...

Perhaps sharp businessman Ben doesn't actually understand what a b&b is... ;)

True. :D

I'm wiser now but I must admit a few years back if a hostelery offered both self catering and rooms and metioned B &B on their website, I would assume breakfast was included in the room price but not in the self catering. Especially as it's not in a town or village so there's nowhere in walking distance to eat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad Ben didnt win.......he was still an idiot right till then end,,,,i hope he has lost a lot of business because of this. He really needs to learn to be a bit more humble and that acting like a complete prat will get you nowhere
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how much mummy and daddy paid for Ben's education. I 'd ask for my money back..he graduated with neither manners nor nouse.
    As for his "friend"..she didn't attend the right finishing school and wouldn't be acceptable behind the tills at Asda.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Just caught up on + 1. They were the right results for me. What a cow Thomasin was!

Edit. Just saw your post Tommo. Snap!
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member

I looked at high season rates and they were very reasonable compared to off season.
    Liked this review from a customer the first line should be framed and sent to Ben. :p
    "Fantastic. Larger local hotels should look and learn!
    Small hotel with a big wow!! The hotel was renovated by the owners last year and what a renovation. Slightly eccentric and definately up to date and risque, but what a place. Immaculately clean with large rooms. The one we were in had a TV in the foot of the bed. The bathroom and the bedrooms were spotless and we were greeted by the lovely little touch of cup cakes in the room.
    Breakfast was superb in once again an immaculate chic modern restuarant.
    On leaving we were given a lovely little Christmas goody bag with sweets water and rock and biscuits in.
    We will be back very soon. Well done
    "

BU: erm - was there something we didn't see??? :o
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    The link came up in US$ Normandie and for only 1 person.
    How strange. I get GBP for two people... But perhaps there are cookies operating on my pc which gives you a different result from the same link. :confused:
    daisydee wrote: »
    Slightly eccentric and definately up to date and risque...

BU: erm - was there something we didn't see??? :o
    Risque is a bit subjective, isn't it - maybe they had the red and black bed and thought it was a bit :eek:
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,678
    Forum Member
    How strange. I get GBP for two people... But perhaps there are cookies operating on my pc which gives you a different result from the same link. :confused

Maybe.
    Anyway, I do know that only one night is going to be more expensive than two nights pro-rata, but I was looking for one night as a direct comparison with the programme.

Anyhow, if they don't need to discount too much then good for them.

I get the feeling that this is a project, partly family backed, for Eli to cut her teeth on and then when she has more experience under her belt, she'll be up for bigger challenges.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the style and quality of the pub decor a lot and the two fellas were very amenable and friendly too.The only thing that let them down a bit was the brekkie which looked, for me anyway,undercooked though I know some people may prefer it that way. I thought I was seeing things in the kitchen when one of them was emptying the beans to heat into a plastic container...that had an Asda label on the side for sorbet !!! I think as nearly all these place on FIAB do the cooked breakfasts to order, they should ask people how they like their bacon done...less waste too.
This discussion has been closed.