worst choreographer of the series?

Comments

• cmazzacmazza Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually love Artem's choreography but this year I think he got carried away with how goo Natalie is and gave more showy choreography. Other low points include Kevin and Susannah's AT.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Rachel was the worst woman by far in the opening celeb routine for the series. Dave levels of crap. She might not be a duffer in the classical sense, and I don't think that Pasha did particularly good work with the choreography, but she was still a test even if she was young and pretty.

Pasha and Natalie.

Winners?
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel worse than Vanessa ?
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmazza wrote: »
    I usually love Artem's choreography but this year I think he got carried away with how goo Natalie is and gave more showy choreography. Other low points include Kevin and Susannah's AT.

Kevin, however, is NEVER dull.

Aljaz though, quite a lot, actually really a lot.

Bad is a debateable thing:D:D:D
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem DID have Fern, to be fair. Managed some decent dances, too.

Jesus Christ, which ones were they?
    Pasha and Natalie.

Winners?

Natalie wouldn't have won whoever she was with. I would imagine it was always a matter of fine-grading between 2nd and 4th. Pasha would have been adorable when she fainted though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Artem for the males. I really don't get the Artem hysteria, never have. If he followed the rules more it would be easier to judge him against the others. I see a very good dancer, an okay choreographer but not a creative genius at all. Bit boring tbh. Same with his ITT performances, he never appears to be quite present.

It's a toss up between Kristina and Ola this year for the females. Both predictable, seen it all before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fern was alright in ballroom.. Better than Rachel, Vanessa, Dave to name but a few. Her Charleston though. Lmao! :D

Pasha and Natalie works much better than Nat/Artem, IMO. Pasha would balance her out and fall in love immediately. The big puppy.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fern only did two ballroom, one of which was "Killer Queen" so...yeah. I dunno, as much as people have slagged off Artem's choreography this series, I think he did an alright job with most of the latin. Every single routine last series felt phoned in until Fern just went bonkers in the salsa and sort of redeemed things a bit.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem DID have Fern, to be fair. Managed some decent dances, too. Pasha hasn't been tested in that respect.

I've got a funny feeling about Alijaz, though. He's capable of magic and I hope he stays on.

I agree about Aljaz. In fact, my impression is that Aljaz and Iveta are real class - can't think of another way to say it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Fern. She went out on her best dance (ish) <3
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one - Artem - for blatantly choreographing showdances instead of proper routines
  • Mrs-MopMrs-Mop Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought Anya was a bit hit/miss really.
    Those floor cleaning spins in too many routines, and poor Patrick never really pulled them off :blush:
  • SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicangel wrote: »
    what about quickstep and vw?

Nothing that special truthfully. I would nominate Brendan as well. Everything was done to showcase himself and not Sophie. He choreographed an AT for a chair and not his partner.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    I think we get that you don't like Brendan but in fairness I believe that many of the pros have had help with choreography.

And the mannequin was inspired as for me he was giving critics the finger. :p

Surprised people say Brendan when even the judges have all made a point of complimenting him on his choreography this year :confused:

Horses for courses though :)
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Surprised people say Brendan when even the judges have all made a point of complimenting him on his choreography this year :confused:

He has been a but hit and miss - sometimes within routines. One moment cleverly disguising her weakness and using her elegance and the next dragging her around impatiently.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »

They've complimented Artem too a lot, although I don't think he's been at his best,so like you say horses for courses.
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult one this. You can have some excellent choreo but because the celeb has no dancing skills, it would look awful, on the other hand, another Pro could have not so good choreo but if the celeb had excellent dancing skills, it could look terrific.
    If you saw celebs dancing a basic and standard rumba for example, the viewers probably would think it looked awful and boring, because the celeb would not have the required skills to dance the steps technically well. However have the same routine danced by top pro's, and you would not recognise the groups, they would be danced so very well and beautifully. I never viewed basic and standard in the same way after watching Barbara McColl demonstrate for me in my lesson.
    Breathtakingly beautiful.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I don't know all there is to know about dance, but the choreography I liked least was Kristina's and at times Artem's, imo both seem to
    want to show themselves off rather then their celeb partners...
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kristina, as in most years doing too much of the dancing.

Don't agree with Iveta being worst, then again I can't agree those who voted for her on the best choreographer thread. She will be back next year with a contender I'm sure, and we can really judge how she can do.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem and Ola.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Huge fan of artem but even I have to admit that his choreography has been very weak. I just wish he would have more hold in his dances and that would really improve the dances. In the paso and AS he hardly touched her!!

Ola to me as always been quite weak. I think iveta did a brilliant job with mark as well.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem with all his faffing around. Natalie can dance so let her.

Robin for the desk VW.

Kevin for Susanna's Latin. He didn't choreograph to her strengths & it ended up highlighting her weaknesses.

Ola for regurgitating all her moves for yet another year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Artem too much swishing not enough content

Pasha, admittedly he had a real duffer but so did others and they did a lot better with them

Ola, repetitive like watching a rerun of her previous years

Kristina,see above for Ola

Anton,for all the usual reasons with Anton (but then I may be allowing my personal dislike to get in the way there)
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristina for using Ben as a pole dancing pole.
    Ola for bing generally dull.
    Anton. See above. What the hell was that excuse for a Charleston?
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's difficult because we can only guess at how bad the celebs really are but:

Kristina - for using Ben as a gymnastic apparatus.

Pasha - for not tailoring his choreography to Rachel's abilities and thus leaving her exposed.

Aliona - for not enabling Tony to lift the glitterball that he had set his heart on :D