Mikael Kular 3 Year Old Missing from Edinburgh

Comments

• HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As per Christopher Jeffries etc. we don't want to jump the gun, and I really hope that the boy died accidentally and the mother has nothing to do with it, but.. from day 1, to me, it seemed an unlikely story.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    As per Christopher Jeffries etc. we don't want to jump the gun, and I really hope that the boy died accidentally and the mother has nothing to do with it, but.. from day 1, to me, it seemed an unlikely story.

how can that happen?

he just walked all the way there? someone obviously drove him there.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the family reside in Fife before moving to Edinburgh ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And so the lack of a publicised working hypothesis rapidly begins to evaporate...
  • jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know but I'm just on about the distance in general.

Well that contradicts your original post..
    Google maps is taking the central points from both counties which is about 30 odd miles. The actual distance between the 2 is actually 6 miles, from North Queensferry (Fife) to Kirkliston (Edinburgh).

Edit: I realise this isn't important nor very relevant
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Did the family reside in Fife before moving to Edinburgh ?

Not sure but I have read that Rosdeep went to Fife College, Kirkcaldy and her mother lives in this town. Mikaeel's father was from Glenrothes (Kirkcaldy - Glenrothes are 7 miles apart) Don't know if she was brought up here. I think she may have been.
  • Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now covered by the BBC as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25790820

Police investigating the disappearance of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular have found a body and detained a person, understood to be his mother Rosdeep.

time will tell as to what really happened
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when he was last seen?? The public/police have been told by his mother at nine??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, Fife and the greater Edinburgh region are practically touching - they're separated only by the Forth Road Bridge. Drylaw is not that far from the bridge, so it could only be a few miles away that the body was found; or it could be some distance away e.g. St Andrews. Until the police specify where in Fife the body was found, the general fact of it being found in Fife does not disprove that the boy wandered off on his own from his home. Until we know where, suggestions that the distance was too far to walk are premature.

If the family links to Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy prove to be significant though, then we could make that argument, since both Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy are far enough from the bridge to rule out a young child travelling on foot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Does anyone know when he was last seen?? The public/police have been told by his mother at nine??

I'm sure they have questioned the family members. The police had a reason to go to Fife. They know far more then we do.

I mentioned Shannon Mathews earlier and the police had suspicions from the start, this is possibly the same in this case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tylersnan wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I found it in bad taste:( Having lost my own son probably tainted it some what!

deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    Just to be clear, Fife and the greater Edinburgh region are practically touching - they're separated only by the Forth Road Bridge. Drylaw is not that far from the bridge, so it could only be a few miles away that the body was found; or it could be some distance away e.g. St Andrews. Until the police specify where in Fife the body was found, the general fact of it being found in Fife does not disprove that the boy wandered off on his own from his home. Until we know where, suggestions that the distance was too far to walk are premature.

If the family link to Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy prove to be significant though, then we could make that argument, since both Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy are far enough from the bridge to rule out a young child travelling on foot.

Really?
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I'm sure they have questioned the family members. The police had a reason to go to Fife. They know far more then we do.

I mentioned Shannon Mathews earlier and the police had suspicions from the start, this is possibly the same in this case.

Yes you're right, such a terrible shame it turned out like this. I hope the boy gets justice, rip :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If the family link to Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy prove to be significant though, then we could make that argument, since both Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy are far enough from the bridge to rule out a young child travelling on foot.

He would have had to have walked across the Forth Bridge and that just isn't credible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Yes you're right, such a terrible shame it turned out like this. I hope the boy gets justice, rip :(

I'm sure the police have a good idea what happened but won't release details until someone is charged. This thread will be then closed or deleted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He would have had to have walked across the Forth Bridge and that just isn't credible.

He'd likely have been picked up by bridge cameras too.

The roads leading to the bridge aren't particularly pedestrian friendly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree if he did attempt this surely someone would have seen him and stopped and called the police.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member

In order to get from Edinburgh to the Forth Road Bridge on his own by foot, he'd have had to have walked down the A90, which seems an unlikely scenario given that the A90 is a busy dual carriageway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Devastated

Rip lil mikaeel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd likely have been picked up by bridge cameras too.

The roads leading to the bridge aren't particularly pedestrian friendly

You're right. It didn't happen, i'm confident of that. The poor wee boy didn't walk across the bridge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People on twitter saying that the boy's body has been found in a certain town. What a sad outcome.
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To get to Fife from Edinburgh you have to cross the Forth Bridge. The Forth Bridge is heavly CTV'ed, plus with heavy traffic and the occasional biker or walker, dont you think if a 3 year wandered across it he would have been seen, Come on, He was taken there, Have some sense.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    When I first heard of the little boy going missing I told my husband that I thought it was fishy and I did say to him that the mother had something to do with it

I felt guilty for saying it and hubby said I was just thinking the worst

I still feel awful for saying it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    In order to get from Edinburgh to the Forth Road Bridge he would've had to have walked down the A90, which seems an unlikely scenario given that the A90 is a dual carriageway.
    I wouldn't disagree with that in any way, I only responded because another poster had suggested that the distance between Edinburgh and Fife was 30 odd miles. It would be extremely unlikely that he did cross the bridge alone and on foot, but as you say it's the road layout that makes it unlikely, not the distance to Fife. There is some degree of pedestrian access around and over the bridge, so I put it in the realm of highly improbable rather than outright impossible. I was trying to draw a distinction between fact and opinion - while it's my opinion that the boy didn't walk anywhere on his own, the fact of him living in Edinburgh and the body being found in Fife doesn't prove that he didn't end up there of his own volition until there's a concrete detail such as the body being found so far into Fife that a three year old could not possibly have walked there alone.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add ALL the forums to ALL the tabloids to ALL the twitter feeds and facebook pages etc. that will be discussing this....and it's a very different picture.

It has happened before, that a judge has called a mistrial because an unbiased jury couldn't be selected after weeks and months of discussion and vilification in the press.

If this does turn out to be a murder case, I'm sure none of us want anyone walking on a technicality...

Stop being so bossy.
    I'm sure the moderators are monitoring the thread in case it strays into dodgy territory perfectly well without your Rumpole of The Bailey chastisements to fms with equal status to yourself on DS.

Poor baby boy .:(
This discussion has been closed.