Options

The Following - Season 2

Comments

• Options
    SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Have just watched the first two episodes.
    Those twins how creepy are they would not want them round to my house for dinner.:o
    We need Ryan and Mike to get over what happened and get there two heads together.
    The woman at the art gallery she looks like Claire, so might be a plant as others have said.
    And Joe with the Reverend!!!!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a US or UK pace thread?
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    I'm so confused that they killed Claire - the last I read was that the writers and Natalie Zea wanted her killed off, that they just didn't think it was credible for her to survive and she'd be too screwed up if she did. But the network bosses insisted the character stayed and the writers had to change their plan. It was also announced that Natalie Zea had confirmed her return. Not having heard anything else, I can only assume that Claire is not actually dead (unlikely) or that there will be flashbacks involving her character.
    I personally think that Claire is alive and in witness protection with her son, but perhaps that's too normal or nice for this show as anybody good dies :D
    I think the Art Dealer is a plant and was injured on purpose so that she could get close to Ryan.
    Verence wrote: »
    At least I wasn't the only person to think that!!
    Not sure... was going to say something about the above posts, but perhaps I won't ;-) if it's not been shown in UK yet, except to say that I was thinking the same from the minute I saw Connie Nielsen was in the show. She's often used as a baddie cause she has that innocent face that can have an evil look too :D She's played that kind of role before.

Much as I feel compelled to watch the show so far, it's been fairly predictable - the latest episode especially (who does and doesn't die, who is and isn't a killer).
  • Options
    aninymooseaninymoose Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I think the Art Dealer is a plant and was injured on purpose so that she could get close to Ryan.

Well spotted.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I am really enjoying this series, it's running along at a good pace.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily being a Follower was fairly obvious, being the Twins mother not so much.

Pretty certain that Jo Carroll is the Twins father though.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

I still think Lily, the Twins and Giselle are only wannabe Followers and not official ones.

Also it's possible that Lily could be the Twins mother in a "cult" sense rather than a physical one
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike's new boss is gorgeous, though pretty much a clone of the previous one
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this episode. We finally got a lot of Mike scenes which was good.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan's response to figuring out Lily was a Follower was silly in the extreme and cost an agent their life (she did die didn't she?)

He should've just continued as normal and arranged for Mike etc to arrest her at a certain time
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan's response to figuring out Lily was a Follower was silly in the extreme and cost an agent their life (she did die didn't she?)

He should've just continued as normal and arranged for Mike etc to arrest her at a certain time

No, she's still alive
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    No, she's still alive

irrespective of whether or not she actually died. the point still stands. he could have allowed the ruse to continue for 2 minutes longer where she could have been arrested.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

That would hapen in real life, but it wouldnt have been a very exciting ending to the episode would it? I know it seemed silly, but the chase and the reveal was worth it.

Am I the only one who is turing more towards Joe than Ryan? I am secretly cheering for him now, perhaps I should become a follower :D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    That would hapen in real life, but it wouldnt have been a very exciting ending to the episode would it? I know it seemed silly, but the chase and the reveal was worth it.

Am I the only one who is turing more towards Joe than Ryan? I am secretly cheering for him now, perhaps I should become a follower :D
    Not Joe - but I did have concerns for Emma, mixing with the Twins and the French Women {but being with them, saved her from the raid on the house}....plus Mandy at the end, with Joe - thought he was going to stab her.
    Mike's new boss is gorgeous, though pretty much a clone of the previous one
    I noticed that too.;-)
    Corwin wrote: »

Interesting.
    I am really enjoying this series, it's running along at a good pace.
    A very good pace.

Amen.
  • Options
    _Ash__Ash_ Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    irrespective of whether or not she actually died. the point still stands. he could have allowed the ruse to continue for 2 minutes longer where she could have been arrested.

But this is Ryan Hardy - the man who couldn't catch a cold!
  • Options
    Cletus Van DamnCletus Van Damn Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I can't believe people still take this show seriously , it must be the worst show I have watched. It's good for a laugh, but that's it.
    Purefoy is a terrible actor, what should have been a charismatic cult leader that people are drawn to, is a camp unlikeable loser in his hands. It's hard to believe all these people are in awe of him. The Zac Dingle look he's going for this season doesn't help!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe people still take this show seriously , it must be the worst show I have watched. It's good for a laugh, but that's it.
    Purefoy is a terrible actor, what should have been a charismatic cult leader that people are drawn to, is a camp unlikeable loser in his hands. It's hard to believe all these people are in awe of him. The Zac Dingle look he's going for this season doesn't help!

The use of the Win 8 start screen on the FBI LCD TV is enough to not take this seriously. :)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I still think Lily, the Twins and Giselle are only wannabe Followers and not official ones.

Also it's possible that Lily could be the Twins mother in a "cult" sense rather than a physical one

I was half right then :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another good episode and a proper cliff hanger this time.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Great Max action with the street fight against Giselle last night - edge of the seat stuff, when Ryan turned up - and his Punch too...ouch! "He's got a Gun"

Emma's reunion with Joe was nice...it was a grave yard, wasn't it.:cool:

And Gina's ex: only The Following could do things like that.:o
    Did like the bit when Mandy was expecting to Kill Jana.:)
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

as far as I know its only showing on Sky - I have no idea if that makes this a US thread or a UK paced thread......

Sorry, that isnt much help at all really is it :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    as far as I know its only showing on Sky - I have no idea if that makes this a US thread or a UK paced thread......

Sorry, that isnt much help at all really is it :blush:

It is shown in the US a day before the UK.
  • Options
    StillTryingSE25StillTryingSE25 Posts: 52
    Forum Member

Me too, Ryan has been quite annoying this season. I think Joe could have his work cut out with Lilly for control of the cult as she seems to like being in control!

What did you think of the look Mike's new boss gave at the end of their meeting with Ryan when she just let him go? It looked to me like she was thinking she can use Ryan as bait the lure the cult out and if he gets caught in the crossfire then so be it!
  • Options
    spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like a re-hash of the first series now, big house in the country with people who follow joe carrol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting...

Shawn Ashmore (Mike) on what happens to Weston:
    the emotional state that Mike is in this season is very heightened, very emotional," and "some awful, awful, awful things happen to him

What on earth could he be talking about? Poor Mike :(