HM GRAMPIAM, proof prisons are luxury hotels

124»

Comments

• tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I, for one, have always blamed them for the rise in crime. This particular lofty especially.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Lofty_bar.jpg

He looks a right hard nut bad boy,
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    They have heating in prisons now!!! Heating!!!!! I am literally shaking with rage!

And what's that? If your well behaved you get to watch TV!?!!! That sounds almost exactly the same as a 5 star luxury hotel!!!

That's i'm off to commit some crimes. Prison sounds so mind bogglingly great I cant wait to get in! It's a wonder why some people seem to not want to go there at all!
  • GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I, for one, have always blamed them for the rise in crime. This particular lofty especially.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Lofty_bar.jpg
    Not to mention this ne'er-do-well.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    If so it puts his comments about brain capacity into an interesting context.

I had already questioned his brain capacity
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't "you're treating this place like a hotel" the kind of thing your mum used to say if you kept staying out till all hours, coming home shitfaced and eating all the biscuits?

Because that doesn't really sound much like prison either.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    I had already questioned his brain capacity
    Not in this thread.
  • MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radyag wrote: »
    Everything i say is true. You liberals keep telling yourself that a hotel with bars on the window is punishment, sadly it isnt. A few years in hotel and that makes everything ok again, really? Allways on the side of evil, never on the side of victims.... a true liberal indeed, and the very reason crims do what they do.

Seeing as you clearly don't know what the word liberal means, you'll forgive me for not accepting your clearly bullshit assertion that everything you say is true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    The fact that the OP doesn't seem to realise this is almost as much of a joke as his grasp of English spelling.

Why? It's Scots-English, kinda like American English. :D
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Why? It's Scots-English, kinda like American English. :D

Are you fun loving irl?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Everything i say is true. You liberals keep telling yourself that a hotel with bars on the window is punishment, sadly it isnt. A few years in hotel and that makes everything ok again, really? Allways on the side of evil, never on the side of victims.... a true liberal indeed, and the very reason crims do what they do.

Yes Liberals are indeed evil.

I mean those liberals brought us votes for women, equality for women, equality for ethnic minorities, separation of church and state, an independent police and judiciary, the welfare state, the NHS, equality for gay men and women, an independent press, the end of serfdom, workers rights, and end to the poor house and the workhouse and things like that.

Evil bastards that they are, how dare they. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So watiching stv news last night i saw hmg new prison and was not surprised at all by it. The liberal run hotel has under floor heating IN EVERY ROOM, no prison cells, all ensuite with shower and sky tv as standard. I completly givr up, this country is npw such a liberal run joke, i just domt knoe what to think.

I am outraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do love reading hyperbole on DS but this is highly unimaginative and a well worn topic, back of the class
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I am outraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do love reading hyperbole on DS but this is highly unimaginative and a well worn topic, back of the class

Indeed, it's 1 / 10 on the rate-my-troll-ometer.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    I've long since been of the opinion that the general public would prefer a harsh system even if it means high recidivism over a "soft" one even if it meant low recidivism.

An old school sociologist (I can't remember which one) said that crime and punishment establish a boundary against which the law abiding public can feel good and virtuous, and I think there's something in that. Crime is functional, in that it fulfils a need of the wider society. If we ever eradicated crime it would be one less sub set of society to look down on.

Couple that with people's general tenancy to be sadistic when they feel it's socially acceptable. I think a soft but working system just wouldn't provide people with the unsavory satisfaction that they truly desire.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    When i was quickly scrolling i thought the title said "Hi Grandpa"