Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    geraldbaezgeraldbaez Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn it! I'm thirsty for some new music :cry:

The wait is too long :(

I wish Knowall was still here to give us some news.

I hate how Leona says I'm working in the studio, you'll be the first ones to hear but she never tells us anything!

And her team is always saying sign up for the newsletter but they never give us any news.

Anyway, I really hope she works with Ryan Tedder again! He is a musical genius.

I'd like to think that the new album will be released sometime around the movie but I'm not so sure cause you know how Leona takes her time recording and although she recorded some material last year while she was working on the Christmas album, she said in the Twitter Q&A that the album was still in the early stages of production. What I'm trying to get at is that we're almost in April and we still haven't heard any news at all.

As long as I get new music this year, I'll be one happy, happy, happy bunny!

Sigh.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geraldbaez wrote: »
    Damn it! I'm thirsty for some new music :cry:

The wait is too long :(

I wish Knowall was still here to give us some news.

I hate how Leona says I'm working in the studio, you'll be the first ones to hear but she never tells us anything!

And her team is always saying sign up for the newsletter but they never give us any news.

Anyway, I really hope she works with Ryan Tedder again! He is a musical genius.

I'd like to think that the new album will be released sometime around the movie but I'm not so sure cause you know how Leona takes her time recording and although she recorded some material last year while she was working on the Christmas album, she said in the Twitter Q&A that the album was still in the early stages of production. What I'm trying to get at is that we're almost in April and we still haven't heard any news at all.

As long as I get new music this year, I'll be one happy, happy, happy bunny!

Sigh.

BIB: We don't lol, it only happened during GH era :p All the other albums were recorded in less than a year. I think the label let her record as long as she wants as she came from two good selling albums. CWL was also recorded in couple of months and they came up with 3 amazing originals :) Her label won't let her record for years now. She already knows what sound she wants so she won't be experimenting in the studio.

She also said we'll get it this year and she was hoping for Summer release, why are those statements always ignored? :p

Knowall was last online on Jan 24th :(
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Now playing Michael Bolton & Leona Lewis - Ain't No Mountain High Enough #MichaelBolton @leonalewismusic. http://t.co/n5DYAb0caI

On the Ken Bruce show. When it ended he said "A pairing made in Heaven". :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they will be learning the Leona Lewis number one hit, Run. But getting the group to sing in public at all is a tough challenge, never mind doing it with passion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0154v5q

http://www.mobo.com/news-blogs/leona-lewis-still-release-fourth-album

Are they talking about CWL? If this is from last year then she already left Modest in Feb
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I wish Leona would record a song like Sirens by Cher Lloyd. It's Cher's new single and it's SO good. She'll struggle to sing the song live but it sounds really good in radio.

Anyway I hope we'll get a summer single which will be released in Jun not September (that's not summer for me lol). The song full of joy and happiness. That's what I'm asking for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Leona would record a song like Sirens by Cher Lloyd. It's Cher's new single and it's SO good. She'll struggle to sing the song live but it sounds really good in radio.

Anyway I hope we'll get a summer single which will be released in Jun not September (that's not summer for me lol). The song full of joy and happiness. That's what I'm asking for.

Yeah I said this earlier too, I just love the song and it's really perfect for Leona.
    She actually does sing it live pretty well though ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMnyuSYNhRc
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be really intrigued to hear Leona sing something like Sia's new song 'Chandelier'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIZPk-yVzPs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    esesohsam wrote: »
    I'd be really intrigued to hear Leona sing something like Sia's new song 'Chandelier'

Currently obsessed with it! Makes me wanna listen to the song Sia wrote for Leona.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Yeah I said this earlier too, I just love the song and it's really perfect for Leona.
    She actually does sing it live pretty well though ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMnyuSYNhRc

Wow she surprised me! :D She sounds good!
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow she surprised me! :D She sounds good!

I absolutely LOVE Cher. I know she got a lot of flack on TXF but she is really good at singing, and she's improved so much over the past few years! Her cover of Stay (which is one of my all time favourite songs) totally changed my opinion on her and it's been nice to see her grow from that point... I think she might surprise a few people with her 'mature' (if that's the right word) pop sound that she's going for. :D

I do like Sirens a lot, but I'm not sure it's the type of song I'd want Lee to be singing. Obviously I still want her to have pop elements, but I'd rather her stay away from predominately pop songs like that. She needs something a bit 'different' again and something that will make her stand out. I hope news starts coming in the next month or so as to what's happening... I hate being in limbo haha :p
  • Options
    alanlamnamalanlamnam Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so in love with the new songs by Cher Lloyd and Sia. Sirens is so much more mature than Cher Lloyd's previous work. It's so beautiful and uplifting. It would be great if Leona releases a song with that kind of message, but definitely not that style. It's too pop. After my first listen to Chandelier, I thought it's so weird and creepy but now I'm in love with it. I hope Leona's new music would be more unique too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona is holding a new contest for Leona fan of the week and blahblah you have to cook something but this pic (https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1962620_10153185454827619_1868069090_n.jpg) reminds me of the cupcakes she posted 2 years ago. She wrote on each cupcake a name of the song, I remember there was 1 song we didn't recongise. Did we find out what it was?

edit; this pic
    http://assets6.capitalfm.com/2012/14/leona-lewis-on-twitter-1333629500-view-0.jpg

nevermind, it's probably Un Love Me :p ok, back to the no-news-land :cool:
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I love Cher Lloyd's new song but Sia's does nothing for me :(
  • Options
    Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's the total opposite !
    I really like chandelier whereas i find thst sirene is a little bit lax :D
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love both Sia and Cher's new songs, also really loving Anastasia's come back track.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it suits Rihanna but I think maybe it's abit too immature for her? That might just be because we've only seen and heard Miley sing it...but I just feel Rihanna has matured more in terms of sound and direction etc

I completely agree! I don't think that's something Rihanna has really been looking for, as she definitely has grown sound wise, even if she still does controversial/riske songs. Plus she may be on a bit of a break, since recently she's only been featured on songs instead of releasing a new single. Imagine Leona singing We Can't Stop :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I completely agree! I don't think that's something Rihanna has really been looking for, as she definitely has grown sound wise, even if she still does controversial/riske songs. Plus she may be on a bit of a break, since recently she's only been featured on songs instead of releasing a new single. Imagine Leona singing We Can't Stop :o:p

Rihanna's releasing new album later this year. Finally. I have to say I miss her music already haha. :D
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I love Cher Lloyd's new song but Sia's does nothing for me :(

I feel the opposite :D Sia is incredibly talented... I am sure that Leona could blow everyone away with Chandelier. It's exactly what she needs: Catchy, hits you immediately, it's different from what she has done and she could perform it easily live unlike glassheart.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member

Unfortunately it will never going to happen :( Leona will always play on the safe side
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    Unfortunately it will never going to happen :(Leona will always play on the safe side

I don't think any of the tracks on Glassheart were safe!
  • Options
    butlernybutlerny Posts: 1,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    Unfortunately it will never going to happen :( Leona will always play on the safe side

The verses in Chandelier sound like diamonds to me...
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think any of the tracks on Glassheart were safe!

I don't agree with that, Stop The Clocks, Lovebirds and UnLove Me were all quite safe and standard Leona. Trouble, Fireflies and Fingerprint aren't that different either.

That is one of my cripes with Leona, she records amazing, quite dark and different songs like Come Alive, Glassheart and Sugar, yet released the more 'typical Leona' songs as singles.
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, Tedder has been steadily -- and somewhat stealthily -- building up his dual career as an in-demand songwriter/producer ever since he and singer-songwriter Jesse McCartney penned Leona Lewis' 2007 global smash "Bleeding Love," which spent four weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 and racked up 4.7 million downloads in the U.S.

From Billboard

300k till 5M!
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    From Billboard

300k till 5M!

Ahhhh almost 5 million sales on a single in the US! So amazing
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    From Billboard

300k till 5M!

That's amazing! How long do you think it will take to reach 5 mill? How well does it sell over there still does anyone know? :)
This discussion has been closed.