Options

Interview help? (High end Fashion job)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
Forum Member
Hi, i apologise for the length of my question,

I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help me a little. I have an interview tomorrow morning for a new High end fashion accessories store opening up(Dolce, Marc Jacobs, Chloe, lulu Guinness etc)

Now Ive not been having much luck with interviews of late and this one is worrying me especially because i haven't really worked in these high end environments before so am worried about finding the right answers which is something that always lets me down anyway!
I have spent the last few hours really researching designers and accessories etc and feel ok with that side of it but i was hoping to find someone who may work in this industry and be able to give me any tips of good things to say and key words i could slip in for example??

I hope im making some sense, and i realise some people may say don't worry to much and just be yourself, its just i know how nervous ill be and would love to try and beat them this time as i would really love this job!! Any help or tips about possible questions i may be asked would be a huge huge help, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    doughnut8doughnut8 Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep saying the world 'fabulous' and the occasional 'how divine' and you should get the job no problem.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doughnut8 wrote: »
    Just keep saying the world 'fabulous' and the occasional 'how divine' and you should get the job no problem.

Hilarious darling:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Hi used to work in a designer shoe store I can't think of any 'words' to slip in as I really think the whole thing is about customer service and the product. If it was me and the interview got chatty just try to slip something in about like 'Oh have u seen the new Marc Jacobs bla bla bag isn't it fabulous'
    sounds a bit daft but seriously it just shows you know the sort of product, keep up to date with the products you will be selling, and have no problems with confidence.
    Just remember that research it can really help if they ask you say 'So what do you think of the upcoming Mulberry range?' to which you can respond with a full and elaborate answer about materials, colours etc instead of 'Oh well I think its nice' hah
    hope that helps sorrry if it doesn't make much sense!
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy Vogue, study any pieces the designer has in there. If the occasion arises (which it most probably will) you can mention any of the key pieces which would be suggested in the magazine itself. If you know the brand extremely well, including the current A/W collections they'll be impressed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your help. Had the interview this morning, was very happy with how it went although i have a feeling Ive been unsuccessful but I'm still happy that i know i actually gave my all this time :)