Options

*****Luke A Appreciation*****

DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seems like the best of a bad bunch so far ;)

Nice lad

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEFINITELY needs the title changing as there are two Lukes in the house. If Luke A I think he is my first night favourite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit! How do I change the thread title?
    It is indeed for Luke A
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Dammit! How do I change the thread title?
    It is indeed for Luke A

:D I think you have to contact the mods to have a title changed. But worth doing as otherwise all kinds of confusion may ensue. I'm not sure why they have done it - in BB5 one of the Michelles had to be a Shell and in BB4 one of the Anouskas had to be a Nush.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's not necessarily one of my favourites yet but I might end up calling him Eugene as he reminds of the nerd from BB6
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    He's not necessarily one of my favourites yet but I might end up calling him Eugene as he reminds of the nerd from BB6

He's not like Eugene. If anything, he was rather overdoing the laddishness. I still really like him. If this carries on, he will walk out in week 4. It is the unvarying destiny of any housemate I like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also find myself really rather liking Luke A ... :)

Could he be the equal and opposite version of Nadia ... ?

Might this even lead him through to victory ... ?

Surprise ... Sympathy ... all kinds of stuff like that ... ?

Seems bright and understated and positively decent to me ... :o
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's not like Eugene. If anything, he was rather overdoing the laddishness. I still really like him. If this carries on, he will walk out in week 4. It is the unvarying destiny of any housemate I like.

I was speaking of a facial resemblance
  • Options
    zofozofo Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    He's my favorite so far. Seems a genuinely nice person with an interesting back story. Not many interesting ones in there this year for me.
  • Options
    zofozofo Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I was speaking of a facial resemblance

I can see what you mean but he looks more Scott Mills to me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Luke has an appreciation thread already.

I'm really liking him so far :)
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    LOVE Luke A! He seems so sweet and down to earth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heart already sinking at the volume of 'pity vote' and 'not fair, people might not want to nominate him' posts. :(

Come to think of it, I have never, ever read a post in which someone said they were supporting a housemate out of pity (except for perceived victims of bullying). It really does seem to be the most irritating and persistent forum myth that 'the sympathy vote', as applied to members of any minority group, is a factor in who wins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh they changed the thread title ! :)

I hadn't noticed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad he's told them so quickly...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Glad he's told them so quickly...

Yes, definitely. The later he left it, the more like a 'game' (and not in a good way) it would have seen. He's getting a load of flak on the main forum at the moment, but I guess people will get tired of huffing that he has been given more highlights time than whatever else of a thrilling nature was happening in the house yesterday.

I thought he was very endearing tonight. I hope he stays that way.
  • Options
    CowieCowie Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. I'm glad he's told all the housemates, he looked a little silly all that worrying about what ended up being nothing but I guess there are issues there we are unaware of. I hope now he can relax and have a good time and be himself.

Though I was concerned about when Shivonne was doing the impersonation he just chills on the smokers couch all day. I hope that was linked with telling the housemate about his change and he starts to mingle and mix with everybody.

I think he has the potential to make the final four. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Was not in it at all last night i dont think i even saw him or shivonne!
  • Options
    MariaLeFrink2MariaLeFrink2 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think he needs to start mixing with others just so there can be more Luke A time
  • Options
    CowieCowie Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he been in the kitchen? It'll be interesting to see if he ends up getting much of a say on the shopping list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I think he needs to start mixing with others just so there can be more Luke A time

The problem there is not that he isn't mixing - you nearly always see him chatting with other people - but that, not being hysterical or temperamental or aggressive or even conspicuously drunk, he isn't generating any 'stories'. His best chance is that BB will throw in some more interesting and general tasks so everything doesn't focus on romances and rows.

I was glad that (I think this is right - it is so confusing having two with the same name) two of them chose him as their favourite housemate. :)
  • Options
    hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    The problem there is not that he isn't mixing - you nearly always see him chatting with other people - but that, not being hysterical or temperamental or aggressive or even conspicuously drunk, he isn't generating any 'stories'. His best chance is that BB will throw in some more interesting and general tasks so everything doesn't focus on romances and rows.

I was glad that (I think this is right - it is so confusing having two with the same name) two of them chose him as their favourite housemate. :)

This obvious he is a likeable guy and has made a positive impression on some of the other housemates. I predict that him and Adam will shine, once some of the attention seeking housemates have left. I can't wait to see them participate in the tasks, hopefully they will get more airtime then :)
  • Options
    hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Luke needs more airtime :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hulakula wrote: »
    Luke needs more airtime :(

So far it has all been fights and jostling for position in the house. He's never going to be featured in that kind of show. There are worse things than staying nice and quiet during the first couple of weeks while the others tear themselves apart - he only got one nomination against 6 for Arron.

I think he will always be pretty quiet to be honest, which is annoying some people. When he was telling someone not to mind too much what people thought of them, he said something like "I don't mind if people think I'm boring." I continue to find it likeable that he is not emoting all over the place and trying to establish a persona, but in the long term he doesn't look like a winner. I would like him to stay past week 4 which was when my last two favourites left. Supposed to be a bit of a Luke A following on @EleanorBarlow, but she hasn't said much yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailing my knickers to the mast here! Let us hope he makes week 5?:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Luke has an appreciation thread already.

I'm really liking him so far :)

:D Now I know I'm on the right track:)
This discussion has been closed.