Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 173)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Iclabon wrote: »
    I'm dreading the Uncle Robert story all the more too for how bad the acting's likely to be from Kevin.

I just want to be blown away by the return of the Seamus arc after Brendan gets back from Ireland again.
    If I have to deal with shit like Kevin going double agent for Brendan, or Walker kidnapping Ste AND Maxine, his exit won't interest me anymore.

Completely agree. The real story for me is about Seamus and the Brady-Hays. There's just so much that hasn't been explored yet, that would have been so compelling to watch. I really do hope that Ste finds out soon (maybe the only good thing to come out of this Kevin plot), so that we could actually see how he reacts. I can image Ste understanding, finally realising completely why Brendan is the way he is, and supporting him. We've barely seen any Cheryl interaction, those episodes after Dublin were so well done, and so good, why don't they think that this story is enough? It frustrates me because since Brendan's first story with the DV, Pa Brendan has always been the undercurrent, and now that he's here, we're hardly getting any development or interaction.:(
  • GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bexmil89 wrote: »
    So do you guys think that something happens to ste while Brendan's away?

Make paninis?
    Ayla_89 wrote: »
    Hiya, have I missed much since this morning? :)

Not really no. :)

Apart from this: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64364539&postcount=2169
  • Daphne GDaphne G Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know for sure that Ste doesn't go with him? I can't remember if it's been confirmed that Brendan goes to Dublin alone.

Brendan might sneak off in the middle of the night. Or he may still be mad at Ste, so Ste reluctantly gives him some space.
  • Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    Make paninis?

Apart from this: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64364539&postcount=2169

I'm seeing all the Kevin hate :o:p

Also bit of a long shot but could Brendan appear at the end of the episode tonight? I desperately want Ste to be in Patrick's office and Brendan comes to collect him :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    Daphne G wrote: »
    Do we know for sure that Ste doesn't go with him? I can't remember if it's been confirmed that Brendan goes to Dublin alone.

Brendan might sneak off in the middle of the night. Or he may still be mad at Ste, so Ste reluctantly gives him some space.

We don't know whether Ste goes with him, so he could most definitely go. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also bit of a long shot but could Brendan appear at the end of the episode tonight? I desperately want Ste to be in Patrick's office and Brendan comes to collect him :D

I doubt it. :cry::o

But I want it. :cool:
  • metal gurumetal guru Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    We don't know whether Ste goes with him, so he could most definitely go. :cool:

I would hope Ste would go as well:(having Brendan leave for Ireland alone again anger between him and Ste is just a repeat surely the realise this:rolleyes:. Maybe Brendan's goes to get in the cab and Ste's there like 'If you think this is over you've got another thing coming':o

Although I can't see why Ste would go if Brendan wants to get away, Brendan maybe says I need to get away for a bit are you coming?:( Ste might think they can sort their relationship out in Dublin again cause it worked last time when they were away from all the gits in hollyoaks:sleep::mad:
  • bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make paninis?

Haha he can make lots of paninis;)

I mean do youthink Walker might hurt him or something, prompting Brendan to come back
    Forum Member
    I think Ste could possibly get attacked but I doubt by Walker, unless it was really dark.

If Walker wanted to attack Ste, he would've done it by now. A week doesn't make much of a difference, unless he's ready to actually do something.
    Forum Member
    I doubt it. :cry::o

But I want it. :cool:

It would be such a shame :( I can picture it.

Patrick: "We called someone to collect you."

Ste: *sassy* "Who?!"

Brendan: "Steven..."

Ste: "I ain't going with 'im! Get lost, Brendunnn."

Brendan: "Come on, Steven. Let me take ye home." *takes hand*

Ste: "Gerroff me!"

Brendan: "I'll buy ye chips on the way home, if yer good."

Ste: *stops struggling* "well I am hungry..."

Brendan: *smiles* "I'll even let ye hold my hand, if ye want."

*Ayla collapses*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, I'm not getting this McHay love.

JP wishes.

I found their scenes yesterday entertaining, but come on. I hate that people will ship anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean do youthink Walker might hurt him or something, prompting Brendan to come back

No I think Brendan will be coming back anyway since he has an accusation over his head. :o

*Ayla collapses*

Aw. :o
    Forum Member
    Right, caught up.

I do completely agree that the Seamus story is where we should be at but I can only assume they're leading towards it with this false allegation. I mean it's all connected storywise isn't it? I'm hoping Kevin will leave and Walker will go back into the shadows until the final week and we'll get the reveal and Ste and Brendan back on track and then BOOM. :cry:
    Forum Member
    Right, caught up.

I do completely agree that the Seamus story is where we should be at but I can only assume they're leading towards it with this false allegation. I mean it's all connected storywise isn't it? I'm hoping Kevin will leave and Walker will go back into the shadows until the final week and we'll get the reveal and Ste and Brendan back on track and then BOOM. :cry:

I suppose the sad thing is it's not an immediate thing.

There's gonna be a week for things to die down a little bit, Brendan will come back, he and Ste need to sort it out (if they don't before he leaves) and then maybe it might come out.

But I just can't see the sense in taking him offscreen for a week to go to Ireland last week, and then again next week, and not have the reveal in the meantime. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member

JP wishes.

I found their scenes yesterday entertaining, but come on. I hate that people will ship anything.

It's not something people can help though. I really really enjoyed their dynamic, never expected to. Wouldn't say I ship it or anything but I hope they get more scenes.
    Forum Member
    I suppose the sad thing is it's not an immediate thing.

There's gonna be a week for things to die down a little bit, Brendan will come back, he and Ste need to sort it out (if they don't before he leaves) and then maybe it might come out.

But I just can't see the sense in taking him offscreen for a week to go to Ireland last week, and then again next week, and not have the reveal in the meantime. :o

I'm still hoping they go together but there's not a lot we can do about a blackhole unfortunately :o just the way it is. I'd obviously love it to be non-stop Brady-Hay action but it just isn't possible for them to do that. They must be on-screen non-stop for those final few weeks though, they're bound to be.

Hopefully the reveal will be the beginning of the end. It'll kickstart everything.
  • Daphne GDaphne G Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

JP wishes.

They're a crackship. Personally, McHay as a crackship doesn't do anything for me, but I can see people liking the snarkiness and banter.

I used to read RPS about comedians, so I understand the appeal of crackships. :p:D

I would enjoy more McHay scenes though because their dynamic is hilarious. I wouldn't want them to actually get together after Brendan is gone though.
  • bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I think Brendan will be coming back anyway since he has an accusation over his head. :o

Aw. :o

Damn I kind of want to see brendan getting angry over someone hurting ste:o
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Evening. Hope you're all well.
    kojan wrote: »
    It's not something people can help though. I really really enjoyed their dynamic, never expected to. Wouldn't say I ship it or anything but I hope they get more scenes.

I have to agree. I'm not shipping them as such but I do like their scenes together.
    Forum Member
    It's a crime if JP and Ste don't have more scenes together beyond tonight.

I would much, MUCH rather see Ste get more into the whole McQueen clan (not in a romantic way with JP but as mates) than see him toddle around the village with the hunky lads.

No thanks. More actual McQueen-JP, less Bryan Kirkwood Male McQueens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kojan wrote: »

I thought it was funny, but it was nothing worth calling a 'dynamic' or anything, and I wouldn't care if they never had another scene. I just find JP/James so lacking and tired :o.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn I kind of want to see brendan getting angry over someone hurting ste:o

John Paul sassing him. :cool:
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a crime if JP and Ste don't have more scenes together beyond tonight.

I would much, MUCH rather see Ste get more into the whole McQueen clan (not in a romantic way with JP but as mates) than see him toddle around the village with the hunky lads.

No thanks. More actual McQueen-JP, less Bryan Kirkwood Male McQueens.

This is me.

They bounce of each other well and I think last night was the most I've liked JP since coming back, so I wouldn't mind them having more scenes together in the future.

Though if JPug happens I don't really want them hanging around together like some kind of gay trio, that's the downside of it all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

*Ayla collapses*

Awwww only in our dreams.
    Forum Member
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    This is me.

They bounce of each other well and I think last night was the most I've liked JP since coming back, so I wouldn't mind them having more scenes together in the future.

Though if JPug happens I don't really want them hanging around together like some kind of gay trio, that's the downside of it all.

Yep, agree. I've liked JP a lot more this time around but most of all, I enjoyed his sass with Ste. They're both dead sarcastic and I think they'd be right little bitches together but in the best possible way.

As long as HOs didn't take people wanting a sort-of friendship as "oh they must be together" like they did with Stug. :p

And yeah, I think Ste needs someone away from Doug without the awkwardness of a previous romantic relationship and JP would be perfect but he's with Doug. :cry:

Also I want Ste to have more scenes with the likes of Jacqui and stuff so being friends with JP would be perfect. :o
This discussion has been closed.